Unexpected First Date

Ambush

Yong Hwa was always bold, simple and artless. Playing with words was never his expertise.  When he liked  one particular woman – as he recalled none of them was younger than him – he would likely poured them with lots of lots of expensive gifts and it worked, none of them turned down on him. When he found himself lost his interest toward them, he would gallantly yet fearlessly uttered his thoughts, complete with all his reasons thus none of those women ever hated him. When a girl liked him but he didn’t, he would stood aloof from her, he never let himself giving one clue that might probably made a girl think that he liked her, not even a slight. His concern was all about getting things done according to his wish, effective and efficiently.

 

“Anyeong,” Yong Hwa greeted politely, standing confidently in front of Shin Hye.

The girl turned and quickly got bewildered seeing him before her.

“A.. A.. anyeong,” she couldn’t help but replying, reluctantly.  

“Remember me?”

“Ne sunbae,” Shin Hye nodded.

“Mind if I walked you home?”

One brow tilted up.

“I can walk by myself, mianhae sunbae,” she smiled hesitantly.

 

‘Damn, how could he talk sweet like this after all those stingy words before?” she wondered.

“I insist,” he pleaded more like commanding.

“Mianhae,” Shin Hye turned, starting to pace away.

“I brought my car, I can drive you home, if you want to,” The boy grinned, throwing what he considered as his ace card.

“Mianhae,” again Shin Hye turned his offer down and started to walk faster.

“Chamkanman, wait!”

Shin Hye spun.

“You really mean it, do you?” Yong Hwa shouted.

“Ne?”

He snorted, “Do you really want to walk home instead of getting in my car?”

Shin Hye nodded in such victory.

But Yong Hwa persistently followed.

“You know, girls should protect themselves from sunrays.  It would likely burn your skin and its ultra violet radiation will ruin your skin complexion,” Yong Hwa spelled his thought out.

“Thank you sunbae,” that’s all her answer.

He still trailed her down. “No wonder you’ve got all tanned,” he taunted, causing her to spin vexedly.

“Sunbae, why are you still here?” she snapped wryly. “Are you following me?”

Yong Hwa was a bit offended. “Aigoo don’t be overjoyed. This is my way home too,” he chuckled.

She spun away, walking faster than before. But Yong Hwa kept following.

He liked to see her reaction as he . He never teased a girl before. He had flirted in a sensuous, more like lustful manner, but teasing her like this was way more amusing.

He never knew there’s a side of him that was more interested in the hard to get kind of girl than that who easily surrendered by his fortune.

 “Why did you tie your hair? I like girls with long straight sultry hair, it means they take a good care of themselves. You shouldn’t tie your hair, it made you un-girlish,” Yong Hwa talked fastidiously.

“None of my business,” Shin Hye replied.

“But you should-“                                                                                                                        

Shin Hye turned blisteringly, “What should I do?”

“You should take a good care of yourself. Boys do like that kind of girl,” he convinced her.

“I am one of a kind,” she looked away.

 

“I like girls with brain,” he continued.

“Glad to hear that,” Shin Hye replied without seeing him.

“But –“

This time Shin Hye stopped her pace, blisteringly cut his words, “Sunbae. I really don’t need any backseat driver now, please I don’t want to hear about what you like and dislike,” she glimpsed at Yong Hwa and in second swiveled away.

“Ara,” Yong Hwa smirked.

He frowned, surprised to see himself so talkative today. Usually he couldn’t say boo to a goose.

Yong Hwa didn’t say much at the bus stop. It wasn’t because he’d done enough with the teasing thing, it was merely because he never took a bus before.

In amazement he breathed. Seeing peoples waiting and talking among each other had captivated his mind. Since his early years he had always been chauffeured to where and from where. He hardly had anyone to talk to. His chauffeur had never talked about anything except yes and no. And since only to Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin, he could share his thoughts, still by any sense, his way home had always been hollow, simply because each of them were picked by their own chauffeur.  

 

Shin Hye stepped ahead as her bus came.

She friskily hopped in, patched her card onto the scanner and in a glimpse she found a spot where she could sit.

She was only a half way from her target when she heard the bus driver shouted, “You can’t go kid, not until you show me your card.”

“Card?”

Shin Hye swiveled around and sighed, seeing Yong Hwa staring at her crying for help.

“You don’t have it, don’t you, sunbae?” she snorted resentfully.

Yong Hwa smiled still with no sense of guilt.

“I’ll pay for you this time.”

“Ne,” Yong Hwa nodded. “Gumawoyeo. I’ll pay you back.”

 

“Thank you. To be honest I never took any bus before,” Yong Hwa conceded once they sat one in-front of another.

“Sunbae, will you please let me rest,” Shin Hye replied with her perplexed countenance then stuck her headphones in.

“Ne, Ne, as you wished,” Yong Hwa gave in. Public transportation was a new venture to him, his desire in sightseeing was way bigger than his urge to talk to Shin Hye.

 

Shin Hye’s house was everything but near the school. She had to stop at the nearest regular halt, travelling by bus for almost thirty minutes long before finally took a half-climbing walk up the hill where her house situated.

 

The bus finally stopped and Shin Hye quickly hopped off as the door opened.

 She did the ritual, inhaling some fresh air the time her feet touched the ground before continuing her walk.

“Nice air here,” a happy husky voice rushed into her ear.

Shin Hye swiveled behind and shrilled “Sunbae?”

“Wae?” Yong Hwa asked in tone drenched with mockery.

“Why are you still here? Were you following me?” Shin Hye pouted as Yong Hwa kept giving her continuous annoyance.                                                                                                                                                            

Yong Hwa made a funny face.

 “Can I stop by at your place?” he pleaded. “I’ve texted Min Hyuk to drive my car and pick me up, I really need a place to rest my feet,” a wide grin rose.

Shin Hye bit her lips pensively.

“Please.”

Finally she decided to nod.

“Gumawo,” Yong Hwa bowed merrily.

“I am curious,” Shin Hye spoke as she turned forward and walked.

“Ne?”

“Did you follow me here?”

“Hmm, is that important?” Yong Hwa paced faster keeping him up with her vigorous walk.

“Is there anything you want from me, sunbae?” she turned to look at Yong Hwa curiously.

“Aish, do you have something that I might need?” Yong Hwa moved a shoulder inclining closer to the point that the tip of his nose almost brushed her forehead.

“I don’t know? You tell me?” Shin Hye canted backward then turned away.

“Ignore me then,” Yong Hwa said solemnly.

Silence.

Shin Hye made a sudden turn, stepping onto beautiful arranged paving stones and stopped in front of a traditional entrance. It was modest but homey, typical Korean traditional home.

 

“Sunbae please make your-self at home,” she said politely yet loathly as she welcomed him in.

“Gomawo.”

She then went in and short time later she brought him something to drink. She had changed her clad into sporty t-shirt with short pants.

“Where are you going?” Yong Hwa frowned.

Shin Hye replied with a huge grin, “pool.”

“Pool?”

“Ne sunbae, don’t worry, you still can wait for Min Hyuk sunbae here. My maid will assist you in case you need anything,” she said nonchalantly. “Will you excuse me, I need to get something from inside,” she quickly went back in.

In a speed of light, he made a call, “Hyukkie palli palli-“

 

On the other hand, behind the wall Shin Hye rubbed at her chest, “ottohke, ottohke?” she mumbled while So Eun and the maid crazily giggled.

“He’s handsome,” praise the maid.

“And rich,” added So Eun while they were peeping.

“Deadly combination,” the maid cupped feared that her voice might leaked.

“Ottohke?” Shin Hye pleaded.

“Waeyo uri love-girl?” So Eun teased happily.

“I hate him,” she barked.

So Eun giggled so was the maid.

“Hate and love how can you tell the difference?” the maid spoke in elocution.

“Nani,” Shin Hye shrilled, inch away from throwing her bag to the maid.

But, “excuse me ladies-“ Yong Hwa’s husky voice left them flabbergasted.

 


ps: mianhae for such short less-interaction update