Chapter 24 (Jungkook's P.O.V)

Heartbreak

 

Ever since my mom died of brutal murder, I was terrified of screams. It was sound of pain and fear. Why would I like the sound of screaming? I was sitting in the corner of the art room with my classmates when I heard a loud scream in my head. It sounded like....Newie. I felt awful for trying to find out what was on her neck. 
"Newie?!?" 
"Kookie! Are you okay?"
"I'm fine. The question is, are you okay? I heard you screaming in my thoughts."
"You did?" Newie seemed very quizzical about this. 
"Um..yeah."
"I'll ponder about this later. I'm in the girl's bathroom right now. Don't worry the doors are locked." 
"But, the only person who can lock the bathroom doors is the janitor, right?"
"Smart person. I'll explain later. What class are you in?" 
"Art." 
"Don't leave the classroom. This situation is very dangerous and I know why these people are in the building." 
"You do? Why are they here?"
"I'm not going to answer that. Just stay put." And with that, she cut off the connection. Just like that. I continued to crouch beside my classmates. This is real. Murders can happen. We aren't safe anywhere we go. I wanted know more about what was going on so I talked to her.
"Newie?"
"What?"
"What's going on?"
"Jeon Jungkook, let me just put it this way. This is not your typical break-into-school-and-steal-some-tacos-from-the-cafeteria. This is a very, very, very dangerous and much more difficult situation."
"Do you know what they are after?" 
"Sadly I do."
"What? What are they after?" 
"Me."