Chapter 18 (My P.O.V)

Heartbreak

 

After class, I offered to sit with Jungkook at lunch. He eagerly nodded, as if he was waiting for me to ask him. I ran to my locker, threw my bag in, and grabbed my lunch box. When I slammed my locker door, I dropped my lunch box and felt this unbearable pain in my thumb and yelped. I looked at my thumb and it was beginning to turn a deep, dark red. "Son of a ." I angrily muttered, picking my lunch box off of the ground and began running down the stairs. Jungkook was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs, his eyes glistening. Before I could reach him, I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Sit with me at lunch?" Suho casually draped his arm around me. I gently pushed his arm of me and smirked. "Don't be flirtatious with me." "I wasn't going to." He tried to deny, but I could see him smiling. "Well, sit with me at lunch?" "I'm sitting with Jungkook, sorry." A disappointed look crossed his face. "Oh...okay then." He walked away and I sighed. 
     "Was he bothering you?" Jungkook asked as soon as we sat at a booth, right in front of Exo. "No, he was just inviting me to sit with him at lunch. I told him I promised that I was going to sit with you so you don't feel lonely." I unwrapped the aluminum foil off of my sandwich. "Aw, you're too sweet." He offered me some pretzels and I shook my head. I bit into my sandwich, staring out the window. My finger was beginning to throb even more and it began to turn a dark blue. Jungkook must've noticed it too because he gently tugged my hand toward him.  "What happened to your thumb? Are you okay?" He inspected my thumb. Why was my heart racing so fast? "Yeah, I'm fine. I just slammed my locker door on my thumb. Not a big deal." I shrugged. Jungkook began to pull my thumb closer to him. "Jungkook, what are you..." I began, but he put his own finger on my lips. "Shh.." He whispered and winked very cutely. Then he softly, oh so softly, kissed my thumb.