The Prophecy

The Bitter Sweet Blood

"Go to him!"

~

I did not understand...what he meant by that. Who was he...? I was gonna ask but I felt something pressuring my body. I looked down at my chest to see a pair of slender hands followed by long and masculine arms that after a second I realised belonged to non other than Jeongmin-hyung.

I looked at him with a confused facial expression, I was confused after all...why is he touching me?

He only smiled at me, rather grinned from ear to ear, evilly. I don't like this, I have a bad feeling.

"What-" is all I could choke out before I felt his hands push lightly.

I was falling back...

I was falling back and I couldn't do anything, I lost my balance and I couldn't regain it. Even though it was a really light push, and I could barely feel it, it was strong enough to make me fall back, straight inside the blackness of the rotten door that was right behind me. 

I didn't want to walk through that door...I never planned to, I was told not to follow the path which I didn't know the destination of. I don't know where this door- where this black whole will take me.

I'm scared...I can't see anything anymore. Except a tiny light far, far away.

As I was falling the only thing I heard was Jeongmin, and he was laughing- hysterically.

Soon the light completely faded and pain struck the back of my head, forcing me to close my eyes and completely loose myself. 

~

"Don't let them change you...put a halt to this nasty cycle!"

A voice rang through Minwoo's ears as he shot up from his lying position. He was panting heavily and droplets of sweat rolled down his forehead.

He thought for a second; he was sleeping in his bed, and had just woke up from a nightmare. Yeah, that's it. He looked at the curtines that obscured his window, leaving only a little gap of light stream that wast the only source of light in this room. It was nighttime. He looked at his bed sheets, red bed sheets...wait, his bed sheets weren't red- they were indigo! He looked at the curtains again. He quickly shot up from his bed, throwing his legs over the edge and walked towards the windows. He pulled the curtains to the side and froze at what he saw. When he realized what was ouside he wanted to scream, but quickly brought up his hands to cover his mouth. The sky was red, bloody red, and there was a huge silver moon above the forest that surrounded the room he was in. From what he could see in the window, he was able to tell that he was in a tower- a really high tower.

The trees were rotten, with dead brown leafs that were falling every second. It wasn't windy though, the trees stayed still and only the leafs moved. From far away he could see a big building, about the same size as his castle, that was looking rather gothic, deadly and rotten. Everything he could see was rotten...and dead- the plants, trees and even the lazy crows just sitting around on the rotten branches. 

What in the world is this place?- The young prince thought. Suddenly the room became cool, a slight breeze brushing Minwoo's cheeks. Then a long silence and...footsteps.

Minwoo turned his head away from the window, shock written across his face as he heard the footsteps come to a halt. Again, silence.

Then a creaking sound coming from the other side of the room. It was the door opening. Minwoo quickly fell on the floor, sitting against the bed, he brang his knees up to his chest, trying his bet not to cry there and then. He stayed low on the floor lowering his head- the bed was pretty high so he was able to hide himself without his head sticking out. 

The footsteps never returned after the door opened, at least the boy couldn't hear them. 

"Phew~" The prince sighed in relief, thinking that the person opening the door was gone.

But then he heard another creak, he could feel the floor move, it felt like someone just bent and jumped never coming back down to the floor. 

It was silent again, it really started to freak Minwoo out. What do I do? I'm scared...

He closed his eyes and covered his ears, hoping to wake up.

The terrified Prince slowly opened his eyes and put his hands down to his sides.

"Dissappointed?" A husky voice rang in the boy's ears. He looked to the left then to the right but saw nothing until something fell down from above. Minwoo looked in it's deep brown eyes. It wasn't 'something', it was someone. A man...

"Hehe," the man let out a small chuckle, "you ain't dreamin', boy."

Am I going to die now?- Minwoo thought.

"I don't think so." The man said.

Is he reading my mind?

"Maybeee~"

"Impossible..." the boy whispered under his nose.

The man in front of Minwoo closed his eyes and wrinkled his nose. "Ah! What a sweet smell..." he inhaled the scent of the scared boy, "...yet it's a bit sour."

Minwoo's mind was blank right now, he just didn't know what to think. And enven if he did, the man would read his thoughts.

The Prince broke the long eye contact and looked down at his knees, his eyes starting to water up.

"Oh, C'mon. Don't cry." The man reached for Minwoo's face, trying to wipe away yhe tears that were about to roll down the boy's cheeks.

At this moment Minwoo pushed the man as hard as he could and turned for the door.

The man, a bit shocked by the younger's action fell back on the floor, but soon stood up and wiped off the invisable dust of his shoulders. He just laughed.

"You're a funny one. So innocent."

Minwoo tried finding the door but couldn't, he noticed that the room was bigger than he thought. It was also empty, the only thing there was the bed he woke up in.

Talking about the bed, the man that was there laughing just a while ago wasn't there anymore, Minwoo noted.

Minwoo turned back towards the door but saw the man's face in front of his own instead of the door. He turned away as soon as he realized that the older was blocking the door and sprinted as fast as he could. The man ran after the Prince but buckled over his feet, he fell down on the floor but didn't give up on catching the boy. He quickly grabbed the younger by his ankle causing him to fall down on his stomach.

"Haha, now I've got ya~." the man cheered.

"Let go! Let me go!" Minwoo shouted at the, fear could be heard in his voice.

The man didn't listen, he pulled himself up trying to avoid the youngsters kicks. Minwoo kept on throwing his legs until the man caught him by his shoulders and turned him around so that he was on his back. The man sat on top of the boy and held his hands above his head.

"Get off me!" The terrified Prince cried out, small crystals rolling down his pale, milky cheeks.

"Sorry, can't do." The man replyed plainly.

"Ge-get...off..." The boy said in between sobs.

The man just ignored the youngster underneath. One of his hands traveled down to the boy's chest then to his neck. The boy was still wearing his white robes- a suit made out of fine materials such as silk and velvet- so the man decided to get rid of what was in his way. He grabbed the collar and ripped it apart revealing the Prince's milky white neck and chest.

"NO! DON'T!" The boy screamed, "GET OFF!"

The man ignored yet again. He inhaled the smell that surrounded the boy. He then let out a long sigh.

"Oh how I love the smell of your blood."

"What are you?" Minwoo's eyes widened at the sight of the man's canine teeth growing.

"Hahaha!" The man just laughed and leaned in Minwoo's neck.

The boy could feel the man's cold breath tickling his exposed neck. He knew what was coming next, still he tried to deny it, deny the fact that he was gonna die now. He closed his eyes and and a question hit him, Why me?

"The Prophecy. It's you because of the Prophecy." The man answered. But before he could continue the door opened with a creak. The two turned their heads towards the entance where they saw three silhouettes.

"Hyunseong, get off him." One of the figures said. It was a deep, cold and demanding voice.

"M-my Lord, I-" The man on top off Minwoo, Hyunseong, began but got quickly cut of.

"I said GET OFF!" The figure shouted this time and at the same time threw his right hand in the air. Hyunseoung flew off of Minwoo hitting the nearest wall, sliding down and sitting against the wall. "You are not to touch my propety without my permission!"

"Forgive me my Lord." Hyunseong got up as if he hadn't just hit the wall. He bowd 90 degrees and stayed like that. "I couldn't control myself. The smell of his blood-it's hypnotizing!"

"You may look up. It's unusual for you to loose control, this boy really does have a strong fragrance." The figure walked up to the speechless boy.

Minwoo, still lying on the floor, looked up to meet a pair of shining, crimson red orbs staring at him. He couldn't see anything else since the light from the window couldn't reach that part of the room. The man kneeled down to take a closer looked at the Prince.

"What a cutie you are...say, are you hungry?" The red-eyed man asked.

Minwoo wanted to talk but when he opened his mouth he couldn't let out a single word. Instead his eyes began to close and he couldn't open them again, but he could clearly hear the conversation around him.

"Looks like he was really tired..." Hyunseong stated.

"You're the one that caused him to pass out, you know." Another figure pointed out.

"Shut your guts Jeongmin!" Hyunseong fought back.

"BOTH OF YOU! CLOSE YOUR MOUTHS!" The red-eyed man shouted with fury. "I do not wish to hear anymore of your unneecessary arguments. The boy needs to rest before the ceremony, I don't want anything to go wrong now that I finally can fullfill the Prophecy. 'When the eldest son of the Vampire Empire will be crowned and reaches the age of maturity, he will bring the youngest Prince of the Human Empire from the White dimension to the Black dimension. And then the ceremony will take place which will bound the two Princes by blood. And as the black Prince consumes the white Prince's blood, he will gain power and strength that more than one will desire as the one who get's to drink his blood will become Invincible'. This is the Prophecy that has been passed down for ages in the royal Black family. And guess what? I'm next. Hahahaha." The man laughed histerically.

"Lord Donghyun, it's time to go." The last figure stepped out of the shadows. His voice was smooth unlike the others.

"Ah! Youngmin-ah. Let's go then. And Hyunseong, before you leave, place the boy on the bed- I can't have him catching a cold." The Lord, Donghyun, said to Hyunseong pointing at the bed.

"Yes, my Lord."

Minwoo felt himself being lifted up in the air and after a second placed on the soft bed. He thought to himself. What's gonna happen next, what exactly is the 'Prophecy' and what does it mean? What is the ceremony they were talking about? Minwoo thought for a little bit more before he heard the door open and close. Automatically he fell in a deep sleep.

'When the eldest son of the Vampire Empire will be crowned and reaches the age of maturity, he will bring the youngest Prince of the Human Empire from the White dimension to the Black dimension. And then the ceremony will take place which will bound the two Princes by blood. And as the black Prince consumes the white Prince's blood, he will gain power and strength that more than one will desire as the one who get's to drink his blood will become Invincible'.