The Library

The Bitter Sweet Blood

Noh Minwoo, a Prince, was skipping happily through the castle's corridors. His destination was his father's, a King, office room. He was called by him to find out who will be his new History tutor. The one he had before was nice and funny, but he was quite old and fell ill. The King decided to get him a younger tutor this time.

Minwoo kept on wandering around for a little bit more, humming under his nose once in a while. He looked around the colourful walls and the pictures of previous Kings, Queens, Princes and other royal family members. He wasn't next on the line though, his eldest brother was (he had 2 older brothers and 1 older sister-who was older than him but inbetween the 2 older brothers). His oldset brother was very brave and serious but had a big weakness-Minwoo. He was childish whenever he saw the boy, even in front of their parents. They would often ride horses on the big field behind the castle together. Minwoo loved all of his sibilings and was close to all of them, but was the most closest with his oldest brother.

"Dad? Daddy?" Minwoo opened the big wooden door and popped his head through to see his father and a young man with light brown curly hair.

"Ohohoh." His father laughed smilling at the boy, "There you are son. Come in." He motioned for Minwoo to come in and take a seat. "Take a seat ." 

"Neh Father." Minwoo quietly ran up to take a seat.

"Since Mr. Lee fell ill and had to leave, I thought of getting you a new History tutor." He pointed over at the man sitting to Minwoo's right (they were both sitting opposite his father).

Minwoo looked over at the man, he stared at him for a while with a blank face, then smiled sweetly slightly tilting his head and closing his eyes. When he opened them again, he saw the man smiling back at him. Minwoo turned away quickly and looked down at his laps where his hands were, his blackish bangs covering his blushing face.

"I'll leave you two to get to know each other." The King said.

"But- Dad!" Minwoo whined as he watched his father got up from his chair.

"Don't be shy Minwoonie, have fun while learning." He winked at Minwoo.

"Neh father. But can we at least go to my study room? You'll need to use your office. If we stay here we'll be bothering you." Minwoo said as he realised that he can study in his study room instead of his father's office.

"That is fine with me as long as you're gonna be comfortable." He's father sat back down onhis chair and called in the maid. "Mrs. Kim! Can you please prepare Chinese Tea and Chinese Red Currant  cake, and take it to Minwoo's study room."

"Yes your Highness." The maid bowed and left.

"Dad-" Minwoo was just about to ask about using the library but remembered that he's not allowed to enter it.

"Yes?"

"N-nothing. We'll be going for the study room then." He stood up and walked up to the door, waiting for the other male, who kept silent for this whole time.

"Have a nice time." The King waved him off.

~

"Say, what shall I call you?" Minwoo asked as the male and himself were walking down the corridors.

"Anything you wish, my Prince." The male answered.

"What's your name then?"

"Jeongmin." The male, Jeongmin, introduced himself. "My name is Jeongmin."

"Well then hello Jeongmin-hyung. Please call me Minwoo, not anything else, just Minwoo"

"As you wish, Prince Minwoo." He bowed 90 degrees and stayed like that.

"W-what are you doing?" Minwoo asked shocked, "Raise your head!" 

"B-but-", Jeongmin looked up to meet Minwoo's teary eyes. "W-what's the matter, my Prince?"

"See! That's what I'm talking about! Stop with this whole 'Prince' thing! Didn't I tell you to call me Minwo?! Didn't I?" By now Minwoo was crying, his voice cracking at the last part.

"I'm so sorry!" Jeongmin was about to bow again, but he thought about it and decided not to. What shall I do now? He looked at Minwoo after 2 minutes of silence and could see that the boy wasn't crying anymore as he was rubbing his eyes. 

"I should be the one apologizing, I shouldn't be shouting at you." Minwoo apologized. "It's rare for me to shout at someone, but I still shouldn't have..." 

"It's okey to let out your fustration once in a while, it's hard to be a Prince. If you want to talk to someone, then do-if you keep it in for too long then it'll hurt more." Jeongmin told Minwoo.

He was right. The Prince was bothered by the fact that everyone treated him differently, not like a friend but like a person who would punish them if they didn't do what he told them to. He didn't like it. To be honest, he hated it. He didn't want Jeongmin to be another one treating him so highly.

Jeongmin could clearly see guilt on the boy's face, he looked sad and about to cry. "You can cry if you want to, I'm not gonna tell anyone." 

And just like that Minwoo told him what he had on his mind.

~

"So, what's your hobbie?" Jeongmin asked as the Prince sipped on his tea.

"Horse racing." 

"Favorite learning subject?"

"I have 3. Music, Art and History. History was really fasctinating with Mr. Lee, so I really liked it." Minwoo explained.

"You'll like it with me too won't you?"

"We'll see." Minwoo said as they both continued asking each other questions and laughing.

~

"Say, do you want to go to the library to find a book about Henry VIII and his Six wives?" Jeongmin asked Minwoo. They were going through the English Royal Family and Jeongmin was missing a book.

"I don't think we can..." Minwoo answered remembering that he's not allowed in the library.

"Why not?"

"I think it's because when I was 6 a book shelf fell on me...I can't remember. But my father doesn't let me in there anymore." Minwoo explained but he wasn't sure why himself. 

"Don't you want to go there then?"

"..." Minwoo was looking at Jeongmin with thoughtful eyes. "I do...Will you tell my father that I did?"

"If you don't wan't me to tell him anything then I won't." 

"Shall we? I'm scared we'll get caught." Minwoo didn't want to disobay his father but his curiosity was just too strong. "Let's go! Quickly!" He decided and said excitedly.

"As you wish."

The two packed their books and pens, cleaned the study room and left for the libary.

~

They talked a little bit more on the way to the library. Jeongmin said that not only is he good at History but Psychology as well. That he's good with advices and listening to others.

"So that's why you told me about the 'letting it out' thing." The Price remebered when he was crying earlier and how he told the older male everything.

"Yep." he laughed. "Why do like horse racing?"

"I always horse with my eldest brother whenever he's not busy or working. We are both really good and we both know that I'll always be better than him. Hahaha!" Minwoo answered sarcastically and laughed.

"You must love him."

"Of course I do! I love all 3 of my sibilings!"  

"That's good."

"Oh! We're here!" Minwoo pointed at the huge wooden door at the end of the long corridor. "Let's race! The one who looses will get a pinch on the cheek! GO!" The Prince sprinted towards the door as soon as he said 'cheek'.

"Y-yah! That's not fair Minwoo-ah!!" Jeongmin sprinted straight after 'GO', trying to catch up with the boy (which he easily could but didn't want to sadden the Prince).

In the end Minwoo won. They were in front of the door, panting as they leant on the wall for support.

"I *pant* w-won!" 

"Good for you boy, you're still young and your legs are young as well." Jeongmin pointed out to the boy. Indeed he was younger than him. Much younger.

"Can you help me open the door? It's pretty heavy!" 

Jeongmin stood up to see the Prince struggling to open the door.

"Hahaha. You're quicker but not strunger than me."

"Whatever." Minwoo just shrugged and continued on pulling the door's handle. Jeongmin finally helped the boy. The door wasn't as hard to open for him as it was for Minwoo.

Immediatly after the door opened the jaws of the two males dropped to the floor and their eyes widened.

"Whuuaahh~" The two said in unison.

"It's gigantic!" Minwoo exaggerated. He immediatly ran in and put his stuff on the big round table in the middle.

The library was huge but fancy, it was a big round library with ladders all around.

"WoW" was all that Jeongmin could choke out after 5 minutes of staring and glaring around.

"I know! I haven't been in here for ages!" Minwoo wondered around the room, never stopping to take a rest.

After a while of exploring and touching the books from different shelves, the younger of the two stumbled upon something that really took his intrest and the same time confused and shocked him.

"W-what in the world is this? Who are these people?"

Jeongmin stood up to check what the thing that Minwoo saw was and was as suprised as Mniwoo.

There were pictures of people all over the wall. Each one had a date underneath. The first one went 16 years back and the second went 32 years back-they each had a space of 16 years.

Prince Taemin was the the picture from 16 years back. It was a boy that looked around the same age as Minwoo. He had auburn hair tied up in a pony. What shocked Minwoo the most was that the boy was a Prince...And he hasn't seen him before! All of the royal family members had a picture in the corridors, but the ones that he saw here, in the library, didn't.  

Prince Heechul was another one, he went 32 years back.

"What? How is..? Who are they..?" Minwoo was attacking Jeongmin with questions. He was too shocked to see this people and the fact that he never heard of them.

"These black ribbons..." Jeongmin pointed out, "...suggest that they passed away."

"This is impossible! It's ridiculous!" The Prince protested.

"Come on Minwoo, you should sit down and rest. We can't continue your learning if you're like this. Sit down and I'll bring you a book, maybe you'll relax after reading." Jeongmin suggested as he put his arm around Minwoo's shoulder and moved him away from the pictures, he sat him down and walked away to a random book shelf.

The older male wandered around the library looking for a book, pretending to go through random shelves. When he finally decided it was time to stop, he chanted some words under his breath, not loud enough for the younger one to hear, and a book appeared in his hand. He walked back to the Prince with a wide evil smirk on his face. Perfect- He thought.

"There you go, a fantasy book." Jeongmin handed the youngster the book that he found. 

Minwoo stood up, took the book effortlessly and started walking around the table. He was so bored and tired suddenly, that he didn't want to seat down not to fall asleep.

"VAMPIRES...What is this book?" he read out loud and looked at his tutor with a what-the-hell look.

Jeongmin just shrugged, "I found it one of the shelves, it might be quite interesting." A Lie...

Minwoo just opened the book and looked at the first page.

It was simply blank...the only thing on that first page was a gold key in the middle. He stopped walking suddenly feeling weak. Why am I so dizzy?-he thought.

He raised his hand to touch the weird key. A strong wind began to blow in the library. Minwoo closed his eyes covered them with his palms.

"Close the windows!!!" but the thing was-there aren't any windows in the library. When the wind stopped, Minwoo opened his eyes. What he saw in front of him confused him.

A door.

A big piece of rotten wood.

He didn't know what to think. He walked up closer to the door 

"Where did that come from?" he asked himself. "What is going in with me today?"

He turned around and saw Jeongmin dangerously close. He had a wide grin on his face.

"Y-yes?"

"Oh boy~ What do we do now? I think it's time to go!"

Minwo didn't understaand what Jeongmin was blabbering.

"Time to go where..?" 

"Go to him!"