1

I Called You Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Things are really ty right now.  I need you.”

He had used that tone of voice that I was weak for.

 The one that he knew I would deny nothing to.

I contemplated my limited options.

I had a ton of homework sprawled on my desk.

“Please.”

I sighed and silenced the reprimanding voice in my head.

“Call me when you reach…”

I ended the call and threw my phone on my bed.

Grabbing my little pail of toiletries, I raced to the communal bathroom at the end of the hall.

I had exactly 20 minutes left.

A quick freshen up and wardrobe change later, my phone stopped mid-ring.

He was 5 minutes away.

I took a breath and a final glance at my reflection in my wardrobe mirror.

I didn’t like the person I saw.

The person who had changed so much.

But he did.

At that seemed to be enough right now.

I made myself turn away before my conscience kicked in again.

I grabbed my phone, keys and purse and switched off the light before stepping out.

The air was cool that night and the weather pleasant enough for the walk to the hostel entrance.

I smiled at the guard on duty and stood at my usual spot near the front gate.

The sky was clear and the moon was full, giving a soft glow to everything below.

I kicked at the pavement and bit my lower lip wondering how long it would take this time.

Though I loathed the subject, I had to get at least the Math done as it was due tomorrow.

I never understood how he could like it, what more excel at it.

Please log in to read the full chapter