Chapter 4

Story of the Day I Died

 

Taemin’s POV


Maybe I could finally bring it to the Father. He told me that if I remembered the person’s name, he’d tell me something. I began my journey yet again across the mountains. As an angel, I never really got tired. And I could always manifest any needed necessities.

I climbed the stairs and wiped the dirt off my wings, appearing before God. "Hello God." I greet, and bow my head to him.

"Hello Lee Taemin." He replies. "I see you remember his name. Now would you mind telling it to me?"

"Kibum, sir, Kim Kibum."

He chuckles. "Well done."

"Now... can you tell me anything about him, sir?"

God sighs. "He saved you from hell."

What the- 

"What do you mean?" I nearly scream, cutting my own thoughts off. What did the Father mean? Me? Go to hell?

My heart raced and beat unevenly in my chest. I balled my fists to keep from screaming and gritted my teeth. When the Father said nothing, I tried again. “What does that mean?” This time, more softly.

“He saved you.”

I felt a rush of guilt, remembering my previous dream. Kibum… me… . Weren’t people supposed to marry before doing things like that? I rubbed my eyes furiously and shook my head, I didn’t want to think about it.

“Taemin. I know you’re feeling guilty. I know what you’re thinking.” God says. He seemed sad.

“Well, how would you feel?” I ask, still rubbing my now puffy eyes.

“Not good.” He replied. I felt his hand rub my back. It was invisible, of course.

“But then what happened to him? Is he still alive?”

God snorted. “Lucifer wouldn’t be that nice, Taemin, dear. He’s where you should have been centuries ago. He sacrificed himself for you.” God paused, and spoke again. “Kind of like my Son, saving mankind. Such a good kid…”

My eyes widened. “But what did I do?”

“You saw the dream, didn’t you? Hmm… I made sure to give you that one.”

“Is that it?” I ask.

“Is that it?!” God exclaimed. “You committed adultery! And that’s only the beginning Taemin-ah! You did it to him and others continuously. And there was that time when you-“

I began staring at the ground and kicked a pebble. “Sorry…”

“Yes you should be sorry.” The Father replies. “But that’s okay. You are a much better person now. I’ve noticed you changing. And I thank my child Kim Kibum for doing this.”

I look up. “What do you mean?”

I’m thankful for him. I owe Kibum one. He saved you, and because of him, you are here with me. My child.”

Silent drops of water escape from my eyes. “But why would he do that when I did all that bad stuff to him? He deserved you. I certainly didn’t.”

God sighs. “Because he loved you, my child. He loved you over his own self. And he was willing to give you everything.”

“So he did.” I reply, and wipe my nose with my white sleeve. My wings begin to flap. “Thank you, Father.” I say, bowing, and turn to fly away.

“Wait, Taemin.” He said. I felt a light force push me back.

“Yes?”

“Don’t you want to see what he’s going through?” God replies, and immediately a blank screen appears. “I think you should know.”

I nod unconsciously. The screen begins to play images.

I scream.

 

~

 

I updated! (Finally...) My chapters are short... I know. But to give you a heads up on the next chapter, I think a lot of it will be centered on our dear Kibum! I know you've all been waiting to hear what he has to say. And lastly, ebbiechan reviewed me! I'm quite happy with my results and will try even harder now since I know my weaknesses. The link to the review is below:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/145836/5/ebbiechan-s-reviews-and-graphics-like-a-boss-hiring-reviewers-and-graphic-artist-graphics-jongkey-review-tutorial-tips