Prayer

My Name Is Kim Heechul

Siwon had a rather annoying habit of praying at night.

Heechul had lost count of the times he’d thrown him from his bed after waking because of his damn pious need to talk to nothing in the middle of the night, but lately he had started praying for him.

 

Not that Siwon hadn’t prayed for him before.

He often prayed that his hyung and lover would accept the Lord into his heart, completely disregarding the fact that he was committing sin in the eyes of his religion by even being with Heechul.

But such as the hypocrisy of Christianity, Heechul reasoned.

 

No, this was different. He had laid awake, pretending to sleep, just to hear Siwon’s words.

The religious younger had taken to thanking his stupid God for having Heechul with him.

He would spend hours just talking about his perfection, how much he loved him, how he was a gift from the Lord himself.

 

Well, if he must drive himself crazy talking to nothing, at least he has something worth-while to talk about, Heechul thought to himself, satisfied to have the younger suitably wrapped around his little finger.

Heechul enjoyed the midnight speeches about him, but after a while, they turned to confessions.

Siwon always talked about his insecurity about their relationship with "God". The only reason Heechul ever found out he was so terrified of the idea of him leaving, was from his eavesdropping.

Heechul figured that was an arrangement that needed to stop. 

He knew he wasn't the sweetest lover ever but he truly did love Siwon, and despite Siwon's assurances that he knew that, Heechul knew better.

But he was never good at the emotional stuff in their relationship. How could he possibly reassure Siwon he was the only man for him?

Heechul flirted shamelessly and relentlessly with other men, with other women, anything that showed him the tiniest bit of interest.

Even those who didn't, usually did after a few minutes of him flirting with them.

But he flirted only to boost his ego, to reassure himself that he is in fact, that good, that he could have anyone if he wanted.

But he didn't want anyone else other than Siwon. How could he make the insecure man know that without going beyond his boundaries of comfort?

Heechul smiled to himself suddenly, getting up from the couch from where he was pondering, and went into his bedroom.

As usual, since the sun had gone down, Siwon was praying before he went to sleep.

He stopped when Heechul came into the room and turned, looking curious.

Heechul always made it a point to be as far away from him as he could get whenever he did "God-ly" things.

But tonight Heechul closed the door to the bedroom, and came to kneel beside Siwon.

He glanced at the younger man as his hands copied the position of prayer that Siwon was displaying.

"You said once you wanted me to pray with you. Can you show me how?" he murmured.

The smile on Siwon's face was worth putting himself through half an hour of torture every night.

So they prayed together, and really Heechul just used it as an excuse to muse of Siwon's handsome looks and built body, and think of all the naughty things he could get the religious man to do with him.

But Siwon didn't need to know that.