『삼』

『WHEN THE DARKNESS COMES』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[241 AD | 1772 years ago]

Yi Yun tried, but sleep had decided to escape her tonight. The moment she closed her eyes the face of the young Commander Kim would appear. Yi Yun wanted to pull out her traitorous heart. She was promised to marry the nephew of this Commander’s king, but her heart betrayed her duty and had chosen to beat strangely for this man, Kim Jong In. 

Yi Yun’s living quarter was located in the inner palace, which was well protected. She never considered that anyone would be up or walking around her living quarters at this late hour of the night apart from her own guards, which are all women. 

Without hesitating she pulled on her silk cloak – modesty was still required even if this was her own living quarters – and stepped outside with her erhu in hand. Erhu is a two-stringed bowed musical instrument also known as the Chinese violin.  

Yi Yun had found that when she played the erhu it helped take away the terrible feeling within her as well calm her restlessness. 

She took a seat on a stone bench under a large tree just outside her bed-chamber and started to play her favourite tune. The moon was full tonight and instead of complete darkness the moon provided the perfect lighting for Yi Yun. Her long dark hair, which hung loose danced with the breeze. 

Closing her eyes and losing herself to the tune Yi Yun didn’t realized that she had an audience.

It almost startled her to death when he spoke, “Haegeum? I didn’t know that you can play that.”

Yi Yun’s eyes rapidly opened. He was the last person she wanted to see. The cause of her sleeplessness was standing there right in front of her. He was no longer armoured. He wore a loose shirt and breeches. The moonlight shining on him made him look even more striking than before. 

Yi Yun blushed. She then realized the state she was in. The silk cloak was hanging loose on her shoulders. Her hair which should have been up when in a presence of any other men other than your husband was hanging loose as well.

She clutched the erhu to her chest and used it almost like a shield.

“What are you doing here Commander?” her voice squeaked out, which was not what she wanted to sound like and it caused her to blush even more than she already was.   

Whether he felt that she was uncomfortable or not he turned away from her and gazed at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter