『십이』

『WHEN THE DARKNESS COMES』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

『Se Hun,

No words can express how sorry I am. After what I’ve done, I don’t expect you to believe me, but I never meant to hurt you. I truly loved you and even now you still hold a special place in my heart. 

However, I’ve been holding back too many secrets from you. I can never share with you the truth of my life. I know I’m not giving you a chance to prove yourself. It might not be fair, but I know I can never give you all of my heart. I can’t repair the damage I caused. I don’t regret falling for you, but I regret allowing myself to hurting you. I thought if I let you in then maybe you can help me erase his presence, but his presence in my heart is just too great to erase. 

I’m not asking for your forgiveness - I don't deserve it. 

I just wanted you to know that I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you.

- Amber

P.S. You don't have to worry about the house. You can stay there as long as you like. 』

 

『Present Day - Seoul, South Korea』

『Dressed In Black - Sia』

It has been over a thousand years since she last stepped foot in Korea. The shadow of the past lurked everywhere she looked.  She had travelled to this part of the country before when it was still known as Goguryeo. The city was not called Seoul back then. 

Amber stood in her hotel room as she looked down at the city. The memories of the past came rushing in, like a movie playing in her head. She tried to block the memory of that faithful night when everything began, but the memory easily overwhelmed her. She closed her eyes and gave in, allowing herself to relive those moments. 

『243 AD - The Past Goguryeo』

She slowly opened her eyes, the moonlight shifted as the sheer curtains were blown around by the ocean wind. Dawn had been yet still far away, but she knew sooner than later she would have to return to her room before anyone noticed she was gone. She lay curled snugly against his warm bare chest. His hand was in her hair, twirling it round and round in his finger. His small even breath kissed the skin of her . 

She closed her eyes and remembered what had transpired between them.

The kiss they had shared in the ocean under the moonlight. She remembered how he swept her up into his arms and carried her to this secret cottage by the ocean. 

She remembered him pulling her down toward him, his lips connected with hers, his mouth sweet, warm and wonderful. The kiss obliterated her. All thoughts melted into nothingness. His warm fingers traced down her bare arm, which sent shivers throughout her body. 

For a moment he stopped and looked down at her, as she bare everything, down to her soul for him to see. A small smile escaped his lips and he leans in and kissed her, the collar bone up toward the small of her neck, lingering there, his lips warm against her skin. 

The rest was a whirlwind of passion that she would remembered for the rest of her life - eternally.

“Yi Yun,” he said as he turned her toward him. He hooked his finger under her chin and tilted up so that she was staring into his mesmerizing eyes. “I need you to know that I had fallen for you from the moment I laid my eyes on you. I love you a thousand times over and I’m not sorry.” 

She placed her hand gently on his cheek and kissed him. She couldn’t help but smiled as she pulled away, “My heart was yours from the moment our eyes met.” 

However, the painful truth hung between them. They both knew that their love can never truly come to fruition. She could never allow herself to choose love over the innocent lives that would be lost if she allowed herself to cancelled this marriage with Jun Hoe. Her heart will always choose Jong In, but her sense of duty for her nation and its people will always choose the path that had been laid for her by her brother. She must sacrifice her happiness for the good of her nation. 

Yi Yun slowly got out of bed and dressed herself. The tears escaped and before she knew his arms were around her, pulling her back against his chest, “I wish to be selfish and keep you all to myself, but I know the burden of a nation is upon your shoulders, but I'm an immortal god and I will wait for you in this life and the next, forever. I will always find yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter