『십』

『WHEN THE DARKNESS COMES』
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

『Present Day - London, UK』

『Almost Lover - A Fine Frenzy by Jasmine Thompson』

For the past five years Se Hun had slowly chipped away at the wall of ice Amber had built to protect herself. By the time she realized it Se Hun had already carved out a spot in her heart for himself. She was in love with him, cared for him and his presence made she feels at home. However, another presence was engraved much deeper within her heart and no matter how hard she tried to force him out, he latched on even tighter. 

For five years she silently fought with her emotions. Loving two people at the same time wreck havoc on your soul. Every touch, all the shared kisses, every smile, every happy moment was always tinged with guilt.

Like how she was feeling now as she walked hand in hand with Se Hun. She couldn’t help, but feel like she was cheating on Jong In. She knew better, but she just couldn’t help it. 

Jong In was like a dark shadow that hovered over her, but he was also the source of light in her life. There is no point denying the bond she shared with Jong In ran deeper, a great deal deeper than the bond she had recently created with Se Hun. Not that the bond she shared with Se Hun meant any less, but he deserved better than this. He deserved someone that will love him wholeheartedly and that type of love was not something that Amber can give him.

He glanced sideways at her and smiled a smile that sent her heart racing. It made what she was about to tell him harder. The tightness that was surrounding her chest seems to tighten itself. She couldn’t breathe. Hurting Se Hun was the last thing she wanted to do.

She grasped his hand tighter in hers, “Se Hun, we need to talk.”

He must have seen the pained look on her face, for the smile quickly disappeared from his.

“Can we sit on that bench over there?” It was a nice sunny summer day in London and instead of passing on this nice opportune moment she had asked him to go for a walk in Hyde Park. She led him to a bench and they sat down next to each other.

“What did you want to talk about?” he sounded nervous.

It was hard to look at him straight on, instead she has chosen to look at the passerby instead. “I’ve got a call from one of my Researchers the other day.”

“And?” he took both of her hands in his and turned her toward him.

She looked down at their hands that were entwined together. “They’ve found the artefacts that I’ve been looking for.”

She felt him relax and she felt terrible for it. For she had realised something when she received the call, she realised that the prospect of her breaking this curse would mean she would be able to see Jong In again. She realised that she couldn’t wait to be in his arms again and that she can finally fulfil the dream she had since she was just a child. 

“That’s a good thing isn’t it?” Se Hun's smiled returned to his face a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter