Orphanage

Just quietly looking over you

It’s the 3rd Friday of the month, and as usual, you would deliver free pastries and tea to the orphanage that you always visit. You’ve been delivering free pastries and tea for the kids on every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, it started since you started your business. Before that you would go there with your childhood friend every weekend because he was an orphan from that orphanage. He live in there for 3 years, and found new parents to raise him, the parents were nice and caring towards him. You met him in elementary school and both of you became best friends, but unfortunately he had immigrate to the states when both of you graduated from high school, since then you’ve never heard any news from him. But you continued to visit the orphanage because you somehow became friends with the owner there and the kids. You love kids, you’ve planned that when the café is more stable and when you wouldn’t have to commit so much on it, you would apply for a kindergarten teacher position.

Your worker drove you to the orphanage and dropped you there, you’ve ask her to pick you up once you’re done. You didn’t want him to stay because you knew that Friday is one of the peak days in the coffee house. You were worried that your workers can’t handle the crowd, so you decided to do all the work by yourself instead, and you wanted to have some time with the kids too, interact with them and know how they’ve been.

Once the van stop at the entrance of the place, kids started running to it knowing that you’re going to come here today. As you step out of the van, you felt a pair of tiny arms wrapping on your leg, you look down and saw your favourite kid grinning at you.

“Oh.. Junnie annyeong!” you called his name and squat down giving him a hug and brush his bangs to make it neat.

“Noona! I miss you so much! Can you come and play with me now?” the 5 year old spoke, pulling the end of your dress.

“Noona will play with you after you have your tea break ok?” you said pat his head. He nodded.

“Now go play with the rest of the kids first k? Noona have to bring these in.” You pointed to the boxes, which was half gone as your worker is carrying it in.

“I’ll help noona!” He chirped and ran towards the boxes, trying to hug one of it with his tiny arms which were hardly touching the corners. You giggled at the sight of it.

“It’s alright Junnie, noona can carry it.” He pouted.

“You can help noona when you become bigger. Now go and ask the rest to wash their hands, I’ll prepare tea for you guys.” you lightly pinch his cheeks. And he smiled to you doing a salute sign and ran back in to the building.

“Boss, it’s alright, I’ll carry the boxes into the room, you should go and greet the kids. I’ll let you know once everything is set up and ready.” Hyun Woo, your worker said.

“Are you sure, you can settle everything yourself?” you asked getting a little worried.

“Boss, I’m stronger than you please!” He said and pretends to show you his biceps and you just laugh at him. Though both of you is the worker and boss status, your age are the same. You see him as a friend, you could talk comfortably with all of them, but when it comes to work, all of you would be serious with it too.

“Arraso, you’re very strong! Just tell me if you need help.” You smiled to him and walked to the principal office to greet Mrs Oh, the principal first. Both of you had a little talk and walked to the garden.

“Kids, guess who’s here to see you guys?” Mrs Oh shouted as both of you went nearer to the garden gate, the kids saw you and started running towards you. You smiled at the sight of small angel running towards you, you squat down and opened your arms widely waiting for them to come to you.

“Noona!”

“Unnie!”

“Angel Noona!”

The kids shouted these as they ran to your embrace, all the kids threw themselves onto you which made you and the kids fall back on the ground. You giggled as got up, you miss these angels so much, they seem to grow a bit every time you came here. But every time you came, there would be new faces and the missing faces which you can’t see anymore. You felt upset that you wouldn’t be able to see them again, but you were happy for them because they found a new family that would love them. You always tried to interact more with the new kids, as most of them have a reason why they’re here, maybe accidents, irresponsible parents or kids that lost their way. You tried as much as you can to give them warmth. You played with the kids awhile and soon you saw Hyun Woo standing at the gate signalling you that everything is set up and he’ll leave first, asking you to call him when you’re done. You nodded, thank him and waved goodbye.

“Alright kids, it’s time for tea! Who wants strawberry, chocolate and cheese bread?” you clapped your hands to get the kids attention, everyone was like “me me me” raising their hands and jumping in joy.

“Alright alright, if you want to have tea, first you must wash your hands! Come on and follow me now, let’s do the ‘tu tu train’ to the basins!” you announced and they started forming line towards the basin. Mrs Oh can’t help but smile at the sight, she hope that you could find a boyfriend or husband that have a kind heart as you. Mrs Oh was walking to the canteen when she heard someone call her name.
“Mrs Oh!” A dark hair male ran towards her direction and stopped in front of her, panting as if he just ran a marathon.

“Mrs Oh, I’ve been looking for you, you weren’t in the office. Anyway where are the kids?” He said while still panting slightly, but then straightens himself up again.

“Oh, Yong Guk-ah you’re here! It’s your free day?”

“Nae… Came to see how the kids are doing, it’s been a month since I last saw them.” Yong Guk gave Mrs Oh a gummy smile.

“Ah... Remember I mention to you about a girl before?”

“Nae, that ‘Angel Noona’ that the kids always talk about?”

“Nae, she’s here today, to deliver food for the kids and workers tea break. She helping the kids wash their hands now, do you wanna help her up?”

“Sure! I’ll like to see this ‘angel noona’ too.”

 

Yong Guk’s POV

Mrs Oh and I walked to the canteen and saw the kids washing their hands. I saw a female back facing my direction, helping one of the shorter kids to press the water button so she could wash her hands. I  was mesmerized by the back view of this lady, long wavey hair tied up high, with a white floral dress and flats. Even from the back view she looked like an angel, no wonder the kids name her angel. I stood there observing this lady, suddenly I saw a little boy pulling the end of her dress asking her to help him get the soap.

Sun Hee’s POV

“Nae, Junnie, give me a second ok? After I dry Minah’s hand.” I turned to face the little one and smile. I was done drying Minah’s hand heading to the little boy, but a sudden voice made me stop my movement. A tall male was standing behind me “Let me help Junnie instead.” He spoke in a deep and low voice. “It’s fine, I told Junnie that I’ll help him o—Y—Yong Guk-shi!” I answered as I turned to face him and my eyes widen in shock, not believing that Bang Yong Guk is in front of me now. I instantly greeted him and bowed.

Yong Guk’s POV

“Let me help Junnie instead. I spoke, while approaching the lady. She was replying me when she turned to face me, I got shock, I can’t believe Sun Hee is here and she’s the ‘Angel Noona’ that all the kids are talking about. She greeted and bowed to me, I could tell she was shocked to see me too.

“Annyeong Sun Hee-shi, so you’re the ‘Angel Noona’ that the kids talks about.” I spoke and gave her my gummy smile, I couldn’t explain how happy I was to see her again. She was blushing again, that’s so cute, I thought to myself.

“Ah… Nae…” she replied nervously. She was about to ask something but she turned her head to Junnie who was pouting.

“Noona, you said you’re going to help me after Minah, why are you talking to Gummy bear hyung?” He pouted.

“Gummy bear hyung?” Sun Hee asked.

“Nae!” Junnie pointed to me and Sun Hee stared at me and chuckled softly, I blushed to the name that the kids gave me.

“Ah… Mianhae, come on, let’s go wash your hands and we can start having our tea break soon.” Sun Hee held Junnie’s tiny hands and walked to the basin.

“So did you talk to our Ms Angel?” Mrs Oh suddenly spoke behind me which made me jump up.

“Ah.. Nae, I actually know her.” I smiled.

“That’s great, you know, I’ve always thought that both of you would be a perfect match.”

“Ah.. hahah” I laugh awkwardly. *She’s really a good girl*

I saw Sun Hee giving out the breads in the basket to the kids, I walked towards her wondering if she need some help.

“Do you need help with the distribution?” I saw her jump up a little after hearing my voice. I chuckled.

“Ah..N-Nae, could you distribute the teas to the kids and workers? Thank you, Yong Guk-shi.” She pointed the tea pot on the table.

“Sure!” As I was distributing the tea to the kids and workers, I glanced at her a few times and saw her smile to the kids and workers. Her smile was so kind and heart-warming, it’s like there’s a glow coming out from her if it’s even possible. I was done distributing the tea, so I sat at a corner quietly looking at the kids happily eating the bread and tea.

“Um… Do you want some bread, Yong Guk-shi?” Sun Hee stood in front of me with bread.

“Thank you.” I took the bread and she was about to walk off, I grip her wrist. She turned to me and stared at my hand. I quickly let go, hoping that I didn’t give her any discomfort.

“Um… Do you wanna sit with me?” I asked her. I could tell she was debating on whether she should or not. After a few moments, she nodded, I patted the sit beside me asking her to sit here. She sat down beside me, but keeping a distance. There was an awkward silence, but then she spoke.

“Um… Why are you here?” She asked.

“Ah… I always come here when I have the time, but recently BAP have been really busy, so I didn’t have the time to come down.” I answered her.

“I see… how long have you been coming here? I’ve never seen you around.” She asked again.

“About a year plus now, I started coming here after a reality programme BAP did when we first debut, and one of the kid was from here. After the program, sometimes I would come here to see him, but he got adopted after half a year.”

“Are you talking about Min Woo?”

“Nae! How did you know?” I asked her, she giggled a little.

“Did you forget I’m your fan? I have been coming here since I was young, I used to come here with my best friend to visit the principal and kids, but after he left the country, I come here alone.”

“Ah.. Nae.” I chuckled.

“You’re really kind.” I said, now facing her while she’s still staring at the kids.

“it’s nothing much, I’m just doing what I could do for the kids, I can’t really do much for them though.”

“Aniyo, you gave them warmth, this is what they need the most.” You turned to face me, stared at my eyes for a brief moment and shyly turn back to the kids.

“T-Thank you.” She whispered, but loud enough for me to hear. I could see the smile on her face, it made me heart skipped a bit.

Our attention was focused to the front when Mrs Oh talked.

“Alright kids, you have 1 hour to play before taking a nap, arraso?”

“Nae, Mrs Oh~” the kids said unison which made me and Sun Hee smile.

“Ahh, cute~” She said, suddenly tensed up and turned to me.

“Mianhaemida” She said, I guess she forgotten that I was here with her just now. I chuckled and replied her “You’re cute!” She blinked at me with widen eyes and turned away to hide the blush on her cheeks.

“Noona~ Let play!” Junnie came over and pulled Sun Hee’s hand.

“Oppa~ Wanna play with us?” Yun came over too and pulled my hand.

“Nae” both of us said at the same time and we giggled.

“Noona, Hyung! I wanna play London Bridge!” Junnie suggested.

“Me too! Me too! Me too!” The other kids said. So we decided to play that since the kids wanted to. Me and Sun Hee was going to be the bridge, I grabbed her hand without thinking and lifted it up to make it look like a bridge. She was blushing hard and I found it really cute, her hands feel so soft and smooth. I could tell she was trying hard to focus on the kids instead of staring at me, I knew she gave me a few glance during the game. It felt like we’ve gotten closer from today, for the first time I actually had a proper conversation with her and seeing her up close and we even have skinship.

We played different games too, from time to time, I could see her paying attention to the kids, seeing if any of them are hurt, asking the kids to drink water and even wiping their sweat. The scene of it looked like she’s the umma and I’m the appa with our kids. *OMG Bang Yong Guk what are you thinking?!* I thought and snapped out of it once I heard Mrs Oh’s voice again. “Kids, it’s time to clean up and take a nap!”

Both of us gather the kids and made them line up and did the ‘Tu Tu Train’ to the shower room. Sun Hee was leading the way, while I was at the back to keep a look out for the kids, in case one of them decided to sneak out. I helped the workers to bathe the boys while Sun Hee helped the workers to bathe the girls.

“Hyung!” Junnie came to me. I squat down and look at him.

“Do you like Sun Hee noona?” He asked, it really caught me off guard.

“B-Bwo?”

“You like her right?” He repeated.

“A-Ani, she’s a friend.” I said with a smile.

“Really? You don’t like her?”

“Ahh… I like her as a friend.” I replied him.

“Arraso!” and he walked away to dry himself.

*Do I like you?* I didn’t know why I couldn’t answer that question. After showering the kids, we put them to bed and I checked the time, it was already 5:30PM, hyung’s going to fetch me soon. I wonder if Sun Hee needs a ride.

“Sun Hee-shi” I called her name.

“Nae? Yong Guk-shi?”

“Do you need a ride?” I asked while scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

“Um… It’s alright, I can just call me worker to fetch me.”

“Why not I ask manager Kang to give you a ride too, since he’s reaching anytime soon? You wouldn’t have to trouble your staff too.” I tried to convince her. I could tell she was thinking hard, I know she was debating on whether it’s appropriate or not.

“Don’t worry, I will ask hyung to drop you a walking distance away from your destination so no one will spot you getting out of BAP’s van.” You look at me with widen eyes, knowing what she was thinking, I just chuckled.

“Um…” Suddenly we heard a honk and saw it was hyung driving in.

“Come on, let’s get going!” I grabbed her wrist and her bag and lead her to the van. She stood there for a moment, still debating, but I lightly pulled her in and hyung started driving away.

“Oh.. Sun Hee-shi, you’re here!” Hyung chirped.

“Ah…Annyeonghaseyo Mr Kang.” She bowed to him even though she was at the back seat with me and hyung couldn’t really see her. *Ahhhh this girl is so polite*

For the whole ride, hyung asked me and Sun Hee how come we were together and what we did. When Sun Hee talked about kids, she had a wide smile on her face and she was so excited about it. It was like she totally forgotten that I’m sitting beside her when she was talking to hyung about the kids. I just sat back and stare at her, while I smiled to myself.

“The sunset’s beautiful isn’t it?” She spoke, I didn’t know if she was talking to me or hyung, but I just answered.

“You love to watch sunsets, am I right? I remember you mentioning it in the letter.” I smiled at her and she blush again. And there was a long silence again, it wasn’t that awkward though. Both of us just stared at the window looking at the sunset. I think she was tired, she dozed off halfway through the ride, I took out my jacket to cover her, afraid that she would be cold. We finally reached her coffee house, she was still asleep, and I went nearer to her wanting to wake her up, but I started scanning her features. She looks so pure and beautiful, I could tell she only applied BB cream, lip stains and drew her brows. I was admiring her face when I saw her fidget a little and I quickly lean back to me seat.

“You’re awake! We arrived at 10m away from your coffee house. Is that alright?” I asked her. She nodded and passed me my jacket.

“I’m sorry that I dozed off, and thank you both for the ride, drive safely! Once again, thank you!” She said and bowed to us before getting off.

“Sun Hee-shi!” I called her name.

“Nae?” she stick her head back in.

“Thank you for today too!” I grinned.

“Nope, I should thank you for the help!” She smiled.

“Um…. When will you be going back to the orphanage again?” I asked, wanting to see her again, I didn’t want to ask for her number because I know she’ll never gives me, she thinks it’s off limits to do that.

“Every 1st and 3rd Friday of each month!” She replied.

‘I see, you’ll be coming to our next fan sign right?” I asked again.

“Of course!” She said, showing her eye smile.

“See you soon then, Sun Hee-shi.” I waved at her and she waved back.

I asked hyung not to drive off first, at least wait till she gets in the shop. After I saw her getting in, I asked hyung to drive off. I started thinking about what happened today, it felt like a dream to me, a beautiful dream.

“Looks like someone is falling in love~” Hyung sang.

“Ani.. I just think that I got to know Sun Hee more today, she can be a good friend.” I said.

“Whatever you say ~” Hyung teased me.

 

A/N: A super long chapter for you guys! just spent 2 + hours doing this chapter which also took out 7 pages of MW. 

Hope you guys like it! 

anw did you guys listen to Song Jieun's 'False Hope' and 'Vintage' yet? I swear zelo's turning to a man now, his voice sounds deeper now, just like his appa yongguk kekeke

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment ^^

and saying Hi to my new subscribers ^^ annyeong ~