Dadamatolover~ One-Shot~

Somewhere Over The Rainbow~ Imagines and One-Shots! |Open|Hiring|

(ps just so you guys know, you're allowed to use these posters I put for the one-shots. Just remember to credit me and tell me if you're using them)

I stared at the matted carpet dejectedly and huffed. This party was supposed to be fun. The boys and I had been friends for years, so there was no need for me to feel left out tonight. Despite that, tonight had been incredibly lonely. 

I had brought my best friend, Katie, along because I didn't want her to feel left out. Besides, she knew Zelo too. A little too well if you ask me. They were always talking and he brightened when he was around her. I tried my hardest, but I couldn't stop myself from being jealous. I had known and liked Zelo for years and she's barely known him for a month. 

"Why the long face, Fatin?" Himchan asked, plopping on the couch next to me.

"I don't wanna hear it." I mumbled, not meeting his eyes.

"C'mon, we're having a party! Where's the usual bouncy Fatin?" Himchan nudged me. 

"She took the night off." I replied snappily.

"Do I smell jealousy?" Himchan teased and tickled my sides.

"Himchan, stop!" I laughed, unable to hold back a smile.

"Little Fatin is jelly!" He teased, tickling me still.

"Sh! He's gonna hear you!" I smacked his arm, grinning.

"He's never going to know if you never tell him," Himchan raised an eyebrow at me.

"I know, I know. But...he just seems so happy with her. He doesn't act that way around me. He gets all shy and clammy even though we've known each other forever. With her, he opens up. I like seeing that open side of him, but I can't help feeling jealous that I'm not the one making him open up. She's my best friend, so I can't be mad at her, though..." I trailed off, biting my lip.

"You've just got to take that leap of faith. If he doesn't like you, he doesn't; if he does, he does. Either way, you'll never know if you never tell him. You're a fearless girl, be fearless now!" Himchan smiled and stood up. 

Leap of faith, huh?

"Who wants to play spin the bottle?" Yongguk asked, holding up an empty bottle.

Laughing, everyone came over to the middle of the room and sat in a circle. With only two girls and six guys, this would sure be one interesting game of spin the bottle.

"Who wants to go first?" I asked, looking around the circle.

"Me!" Youngjae jumped forward to grab the bottle.

Everyone watched intently as the bottle spun on its axis. Each person was sitting in anticipation, wondering if it'd land on them. The bottle slowed and came to a stop, pointing at Daehyun.

"Daejae is real!" I yelled, laughing.

"Can I kiss his cheek?" Youngjae asked, embarrassed.

"No! It has to be on the lips!" Katie giggled. I couldn't help but notice that Zelo was sitting next to her.

Both embarrassed, Youngjae and Daehyun leaned in to kiss each other incredibly quickly.

"That barely counts as a kiss." Jongup laughed.

"You try kissing your hyung, then!" Youngjae pointed at him, unable to contain his laughter.

After several rounds and a million embarrassing kisses, everyone was all laughed out. My sides hurt from laughing and almost everyone was gasping for air.

"Okay, okay. One more spin!" Yongguk announced.

"Zelo hasn't spun yet!" Daehyun pointed.

"Spin away, maknae!" Himchan handed him the bottle.

Red in the face, Zelo grabbed the bottle and spun it. My heart fluttered as I watched it spin, willing it to land on me. I allowed myself a glance at Zelo's lips and felt Himchan next to me elbow my side. I shot him a glare before returning my gaze to the bottle. Perhaps instead of willing it to land on me, I should have willed it not to land on Katie. Just as I thought of that, the bottle stopped. I traced its neck with my eyes to see it pointing directly at Katie.

I huffed in disappointment and looked at Himchan. He gave me a sympathetic look which only made me feel worse. Katie giggled at Zelo's red face as he leaned in to brush her lips softly. 

"I've gotta pee." I announced, standing up abruptly.

"Thanks for the info." Youngjae laughed.

Rolling my eyes, I stalked off to the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and slid down to the tiled floor. It was just a game! Why was I so upset over a children's game?

The image of Zelo kissing Katie flashed through my mind and I squeezed my eyes shut. He looked so embarrassed, but he didn't turn away. He had flushed, but he hadn't said anything. What if he actually enjoyed the kiss? Did he really love Katie? Now that I thought about it, he spent all his time with her and was always talking to her. He was with her more than he was with me.

"Oh, Choi Junhong you babo!" I banged my head against the door.

No, I'm the babo here. I can't even tell him that I like him.

Shaking my head, I stood up to leave the bathroom. When I opened the door, I saw Zelo standing outside. He was leaning against the wall in such a casual way. When I came out, he turned to me and smiled with that little crinkle in his eyes. His smile was easily my favorite thing about him.

"Uh..." he trailed off.

"Yeah?" I managed, not really wanting to talk to him.

"I wanted to play one more round." He said and held out the empty bottle.

Confused, I watched as he turned around in a circle with the bottle pointing outward.

"Ah! Look who it landed on!" Zelo feigned surprise which made me giggle.

"What are you doing?" I laughed softly.

"Now we have to kiss." He said shyly.

Blinking in shock, I simply stood there like a statue. Zelo leaned forward timidly and kissed my lips softly. His lips were tentative and shy, but warm. They were inviting. His lips felt like home.

"Wha-?" I breathed.

"I love you, Fatin." He mumbled and leaned his forehead on mine.

"What about Katie?" I asked, puzzled.

"I wanted her advice on how to get closer to you. That's why I was always with her." He explained.

"Babo, we were already close." I laughed and leaned into his chest.

"Can we be closer?" He asked, pulling back to look at me.

"I'd want nothing more." I smiled and stood on my toes to kiss him softly.

Maybe tonight wasn't that lonely after all.