1st

~Forever Yours~

 

There were times when she feels like she regrets doing something and wish she can turn back the hands of time but there was one thing she didn’t regret doing at all. …

She was a young 19 year old (Korean age) high school girl, too nice, a little naïve but takes friends seriously. They are like the closest thing to family since she grew up in an orphanage. For a child growing as an orphan, she has always achieved above average in everything. She wanted to become a doctor, get married, have a child, and live happily ever after, well that’s what she thought. Life… Life doesn’t really work that way. There is some destined path that was already carved into her life.

 

Ring Ring Ding Ding (the alarm went off ) 6:45am

“Another day of class”! She said while yawning.

She got off from her bed and into her bathroom. She stood under the shower and starting singing.

Oh I’m curious Yeah!!

She lives alone at her 1 bedroom apartment that was rented, which was very close to school and her part time job as a barista at a coffee shop. It was her last year as a high school student and then college she goes to fulfill her dream.

School was always the same for her, being class president, being #1 in the whole school. The teachers always said that she have a bright future in front of her.  She has many friends, but not close friends. All these friends she has only became her friend because they needed help with school work. The only friend she actually had was a boy she grew up with at the orphanage. He became a very popular idol. His name is Kim Jonghyun of Shinee. When he was a child, he got lost and the orpanage took him in. About 4 years ago, his family found him and he was reunited with them. They still keep in touch. He treats her like family and always check on her when he can. He sometimes calls her to see how she was doing but he’s such a busy person.  Texting works better than calling because of his busy schedule. He is like a brother to her. He listens to her concerns and always helps her out in any way he could. There were a time when he even lend her money.

Ringggggg (End of school) 3:30pm

She grabbed her things and left the school to get to her part time job.

It was so cold out since it was in the middle of December. She tried to walk very fast to the coffee shop. It was freezing outside and it was starting to snow as well.

It was 3:44pm, She got to work just in time since her schedule starts at 3:45pm. She went to put on her work uniform and tied her hair up.  There were a few costumers today but not too many since there was heavy snowfall.  It was almost closing time about 30 minutes before 8pm.

“Isn’t it too cold outside?” She said to herself after seeing a man standing in front of the coffee shop. He was moving and jumping non stop to get warmed up.

She walked outside and tapped on his shoulder. “Sir, you can come inside to wait” She said to the man.

“Oh, It’s ok. My friend will be here anytime soon” He replied.

She did a little bow and went back inside.

It’s freezing outside, he must be crazy. He doesn’t sound Korean but his face was too covered up for me to tell. I can tell he is good looking though from his eyes and nose.

She went outside again, “Here”. She said handing him a cup of hot coffee.

“Thanks” He said while reaching his hands in his pocket to give her money.

“It’s ok. It’s free” She said and went back into the coffee shop.

He bowed to her and his friend came to meet up with him.

“Yah, Sehun, what took so long?” He asked.

“Sorry, I had to find an excuse for the hyungs, so they can let me out since I am the maknae. You’re the oldest, you don’t need permission.” Sehun answered.

“You know how cold it is today?” He complained.

“Sorry Luhan hyung.  ~ At least you got coffee” Sehun said with aegyo.

“The barista gave it to me” He said while waving to her.

Sehun then waved as well.

“Let’s go” Luhan said and they walked off together.

She looks through the screen door, and waved back at them, watching the two friends talking and how much she envied them.

I wish I had a best friend.

She got off work and went home like the usual. She put her bag down and collapse on her bed.

Why am I so tired today?

buzz buzz ( phone vibrate) 9:15pm

Jong oppa : Home yet ~

NaKyung: Yes

Jong oppa: Did you eat dinner? Don’t lie this time. ~

Nakyung: No

Jong oppa: Hungry?

Nakyung: A little..

Jong oppa: Open the door! I bought food.

 

She looked surprised and went to open her door.

“Oppa”! She yelled and gave him a hug. “I thought you have a schedule in Japan”

He gave her a hug back. "It ended earlier than expected". 

He walked in and they sat down and started eating the food he brought.

"How's school"? Jonghyun ask.

"Oppa, it's only been a week since I last talk to you". 

"So how's school"? He asked again.

"It's good".  She replied to him. "How's omma"? She asked him. Omma is Jonghyun's real mother. She treats Nakyung like a daughter. She sometimes bring food for her when she's not busy. She pays for Nakyung apartment that she's living in. She lives a bit far to do travels every day.

"It's only been 1 week since you last saw her right"? Jonghyun mocked back.

"Kyung ah... Kyungie ah" Jonghyun called out her nickname. She seems to be dazing off. He knocked on her forehead twice.

"Yes, Oppa" She answered.

"Are you ok? Tired? Is something wrong?" Jonghyun asked.

"No nothing. It's just... I met a really good looking guy today" She said smiling by herself.

"Better looking than your oppa"? Jonghyun joked.

"Yes" She said nodding. Which got her a soft tap to the forehead.

"Just becareful with guys though, ok? You're still in school." Jonghyun lectured.

"Yes oppa. Don't worry. Anyways, What's up with your scandal all over the news" She asked him.

"It's nothing" He said cheesing off by himself.

"ooohhhh, oppa got a girlfriend. Who's the lucky lady"? She asked him.

"She's an actress, but she's just a friend right now" He replied.

"Does omma know"? She asked.

"No. It's not like I'm actually dating her, We're just talking" He said. "We'll it's getting late. You have school tomorrow. I'll head back to the dorms".

"You're not gonna sleep here tonight"? She asked.

"No, I have an early schedule tomorrow morning". He said. "I'll see you later".

"Oppa, Wait" She said as she ran into her room to get a bag."Omma, told me to give this to you. It's vitamins like always."

"Where's yours"? He asked.

She pointed to the top of the refrigerator which had about 10-15 bottles of vitamins as well.

He grabbed the bag and put it in his backpack. He put his hoodie up and his sunglasses on.

"I'm leaving now. Lock your doors and don't open it for strangers" He commanded before closing the door.

As he left, she locked the door and went to lay down on her bed. It was already 10:47pm.

My oppa is too overprotective...... I wonder if I'm ever going to meet that guy ever again....... 

She closed her eyes and went to bed.