5

Back Off, She’s Mine
|| Chapter 5 ||
U N E X P E C T A T I O N
 
 
“Answer the phone, babe” JiEun hissed, walking back and forth in front of a café as panic took over her body.
After minutes of ringing, YongGuk finally answered “Babe! How was your touring of JiHae in Hongdae?”
“Babe… What should I do?” JiEun said with her cracking voice as she started crying.
YongGuk panicked as he began to worry “Why? What happened?”
“I lost JiHae” JiEun answered, continuously crying.
“Ok. Just calm down and wait for me. Text me your exact location” YongGuk instructed JiEun before hanging up.
 
 
JiHae walked on the street she doesn’t know with her heart pounding hard in her chest as she finds the place where she last saw JiEun. She was already crying and all she could think about is to see JiEun and go home with her. It’s almost been half an hour since they lost together. Because 30 minutes ago, they were roaming around Hongdae, happily shopping and buying the things that attract them. They mostly bought things for JiEun, the things only in Korea can be found. It was a happy time until they lost each other. It was when JiEun became excited when she saw a very gorgeous dress that would fit JiHae and quickly ran to the shop. JiHae was only few steps behind her but some girls accidentally bumped onto her who shifted her attention to them, losing sight of JiEun. Panicking, she hurriedly looked for her on that certain shop but she’s not already there as she began searching for JiHae too after realizing she lost her.
 
She walked and walked, not realizing where her feet would take her.  She just wanted to find her unnie and go home. Sun was about to set when she reached an abandoned alleyway. She brought her hands hugging her arms as shivers suddenly ran down her spines, feeling both cold and fear. Turning around, she suddenly heard noises. Those were mixes of moans and groans. She became curios as those noises are new to her ear. She stopped crying and wiped her tears away before approaching to where the noises are coming from. Making her turn to the left, a guy and a girl making out are on her sight.
“Omona!” JiHae gasped and suddenly screamed, making the ‘couple’ stopped and looked at her.
The guy’s eyes widened as at the sight of JiHae “It’s her” he mumbled. He quickly grabbed his clothes and dressed himself up to chase after her.
“What are you doing? We’re not yet done, oppa” the girl said.
The guy pulled out some money from his pocket and shoved it onto the girl’s palm “Take these and never bother me again”
The girl huffed “Yah! You’re the one that bothered me!” she shouted but the guy didn’t care to look back “DaeHyun-oppa!!!”
 
“Miss!” DaeHyun called JiHae and grabbed her arm to turn her around.
JiHae quickly bowed and apologized “I’m sorry, mister. I didn’t mean to see it. I’m sorry if I disturbed you”
DaeHyun mentally smack himself for never learning about having public . Now that the girl he’s looking for saw how he’s living, he’s regretting dragging that random girl and asking to make out with him. Sure, he want to see her very sooner but not in this kind of situation. He must have obeyed his grandmother to stop having with different girls.
“I-- I’m go-- going no-- now” JiHae said, stuttering while carefully struggling under DaeHyun’s grip on her wrist.
DaeHyun let go of JiHae’s wrist and noticed how she is shaking “Oh please, don’t be afraid of me. I’m not a bad guy” he defended himself but she doesn’t seem to believe him. He just made a bad impression and tainted her innocence.
JiHae was with head hanging low as she slowly took steps backwards as DaeHyun took steps forward. She looks obviously uncomfortable with DaeHyun in front of her.
“Don’t you remember me?” DaeHyun suddenly asked, looking at her eyes.
JiHae looked up, meeting his eyes “…Ha-- Have we-- we me-- meet before?” she hesitantly asked back, still stuttering as she thought *Is this is one of his tactics to get a girl?*
“Have you forgotten?” DaeHyun asked again with anticipation.
“Forgot about what?” JiHae asked again and shook her head and as soon as her back touched the wall, with him now only inches apart from her, her heart bumped more rapidly. She decided to push him with all her strength and was about to run. But having fast reflexes, DaeHyun caught both of her wrists. And that was the time JiHae panicked and began to scream and vigorously struggle for him to let go of her.
“Hey, hey, hey. Relax. I won’t do anything to you” DaeHyun said, alarmed at her sudden actions. “I promise” he said as Jihae slowly calming down.
 
“What are you doing here, by the way? It’s already dark and you’re alone” DaeHyun asked, after a long silence.
JiHae hesitantly answered “I’m lost” she answered and started walking.
DaeHyun’s eyes widened “What?! You’re lost? How?” he asked too and followed after her.
“Me and my unnie lost each other while we were shopping at the market of Hongdae” JiHae answered with teary eyes.
DaeHyun looked at her as soon as he heard her sniffing “Omo! Please don’t cry! Don’t worry, I’m going to help you” he assured her and thought of a solution “I think we should go to where you last saw her” he suggested.
“But I don’t know where it is” JiHae shyly said.
“Better!” DaeHyun beamed “I can spend more time with you” he carelessly said and as soon as he realized it, he immediately chuckled awkwardly “I mean… I can help you more. You know, I’ll tour you” he defended, scratching the back of his head.
 
They continued walking as JiHae described the place where she last saw JiEun and as DaeHyun saw JiHae rubbing her arms with her palms, he pulled out his jacket and placed it around her.
*Omo! That’s another tactic. Don’t fall for it, JiHae. He might you!* JiHae reminded herself as they walk, keeping enough distance from him.
“I told you, I’ won’t do anything bad to you” DaeHyun repeated when he noticed how conscious she is around him “Regarding the incident a while ago, just please forget it” he pleaded and he mean it. He anticipated for her reply but he heard nothing.
 
As they reached the Hongdae market, JiHae beamed, seeing the shop she last saw JiEun “That’s the shop!” she shouted and ran inside, finding for JiEun. After searching at the whole shop, she sighed hopelessly as there were no signs of JiEun.
“Should we wait outside? There’s a bench there that we could sit on” DaeHyun suggested, as he lead JiHae outside “I’m sure they’ll be back here after they didn’t find you anywhere” DaeHyun suddenly felt awkward because this is the first time he encountered this kind of situation. He wants to make a conversation with her but he couldn’t bring any topic. He doesn’t know what to say. “Ahmm. I’ll just buy us something to drink. I’ll be back” he nervously said and quickly left for a store.
 
“My god, JiHae-ah!” someone shouted from a far.
JiHae immediately looked up and as soon as she did, her face brightened and instantly ran to hug her “JiEun-unnie”
“Where did you go? You made me so worried” JiEun said, hugging JiHae tightly.
“I’m sorry” JiHae apologized with her voice cracking as she started to cry.
“No, JiHae-ah. I am sorry. It’s my fault, not yours” JiEun said.
“Let’s go home first, girls. It’s cold” YongGuk interrupted and took the girls into his car.
 
 
“Here’s your order, sir” said by the waiter and hand him two hot coffees and donuts “Thank you. Come again”
The moment DaeHyun grabbed his orders and turned around, his heartbeat double its rate “Ok. Relax, Jung DaeHyun. You are just gonna ask for her name. Then her mobile number, address and-- wait…” he paused from his walking as he doubted “Am I not too obvious? She might suspect me” then he continued “But this might be the last time I’m going to see her if I’m not going to ask those”
 
As DaeHyun reached the place he left JiHae, his shoulders deflated when he didn’t see her there.
“She’s probably found. Too bad, I didn’t have the chance to ask for her name” he sadly mumbled, putting aside the coffees and donuts he bought “Just for her name!” he repeated, stomping his feet on the ground like a little kid “Why am I so unlucky?”
 
 
“Oh, where did you get this jacket?” JiEun asked as soon as then ascended into the car after noticing the cloth wrapped her shoulders “Isn’t this a guy’s?”
JiHae gasped, almost forgetting about DaeHyun “The guy! He just left to buy food. Let’s go back, he must be looking for me already”
JiEun frowned and asked “You met a guy?”
JiHae nodded “Ne. He helped me get through directions and lent me this jacket”
“He must have taken you in advantage if we haven’t found you” JiEun said, being judgmental.
“Could be. But he promised that he won’t do anything bad to me” JiHae said.
“And you believed him? You know, that’s the problem with you. You can easily trust someone, and that will lead you into trouble” JiEun started scolding.
“I’m sorry” JiHae whispered but audible for them to hear “But can we go back and give him back his jacket?” she suddenly said.
“No” JiEun coldly answered.
 
 
 

 
 
Hello there, my sub-babies \O Updated, at last! I'm so sorry if I always took so long to update. I've been busy with school, it's stressful. You understand me, right? /nods with anticipation. Oh! I'm busy with here too → ❝ L O V E and L U S T One Shot Request Shop. Would you mind to check that out? You can request and we are hiring for a Resident Reviewer that will review every one shot posted in the shop. We are close at the moment though. But we'll be opening as soon as the requests are done.
Anyway, have you enjoyed the latest chapter? Please comment then :D Subscribe and never Unsubscribe. Mwehehe. Upvote too, please :3 Thank you. Lovelots. Mwuah, mwuah :*
 
mrs_henrylau89