1

Back Off, She’s Mine
|| Chapter 1 ||
O F F  T O  S E O U L
 
 
[JiHae’s POV]
 
I was in the car with my driver in front, driving me home after fetching me from school. I was already a high school graduating student in an all girls’ school and I was planning to take Business Administration in college though Music is my interest. I only live with my Filipino mom at home with a bunch of maids and helpers. Now if you are wondering why I am living such a princess-like life while I only have my mom, well my very rich Korean father is the one supporting us but isn’t living with us because we are an illegitimate family. According to my mom, they accidentally made me way back when they made love when Dad came here to the Philippines to have a partnership with my mom’s family’s company which is now under the management of my uncle since my grandparents doesn’t exist anymore.
 
When we reached home, maids welcomed me “Welcome home ma’am”
“Your mom is waiting for you at the living room, miss” the head informed me.
I smiled and thanked the maid. I headed towards the living room and saw my mom talking to someone at the phone. She saw me approaching and quickly bid goodbye to whom she is talking to at the phone and ended the call.
I kissed her and asked me “How’s school?”
I smiled “Fine mom. You were waiting for me?” I asked.
“Yup. Do you wanna go to Korea?” she started, rather straightforward.
My eyes widened “Really mom?!” I squealed in excitement. Korea is my favorite country though I haven’t been there but I’m into K-Pop. Oh~ how I love Super Junior so much.
“Let’s live in with your dad” my mom continued.
My excitement fell and I felt worried “But what about his family? …auntie GaEun, especially JiEun-unnie?”
“GaEun is into this too. And in fact, she is the one that suggested this. Don’t worry dear, GaEun had already forgotten what I and your father did. As what I told you, we are good friends and she wants to meet you, personally. Your dad too”
 “JiEun-unnie, I know she never liked me” I worriedly said.
“Don’t say that! Of course she likes you” mom said.
 
I didn’t add anything more. I know she’s just saying that for me not to worry. I know she’s lying. My dad calls even though he’s busy with the company. Auntie GaEun, JiEun-unnie’s mom, talks to me too when dad calls. But JiEun-unnie? She never tried to talk to me even once.
 
Another thought came into my mind “Mom, don’t you think it’ll be awkward?”
“Dear, please stop thinking about the negative side. Just think that… finally, you’ll be able to experience a complete family. Don’t you like that?” mom said. Of course I would like that.
I hesitantly agreed “Ok. But mom, please, let me spend the vacation here” I then pleaded.
“Sure, dear” my mom agreed.
 
I smiled before walking towards my room. While walking upstairs, I can’t help but to feel sad. When I got into my room, I sat at the edge of my bed and stared at the picture of me with the closest friends I have at my side table. “Guess I have to leave you soon” I mumbled then sighed.
 
 
I was staring by the window, looking at the clouds. I am already at the plane, heading towards Korea with my mom beside me. Though I am really excited for Korea, I still can’t help but to feel sad that I have to leave my friends and my life in the Philippines. I sighed deeply when I felt mom patted my shoulder.
“It’s ok, dear. I’m sure you can adjust yourself immediately there” my mom said, trying to comfort me.
I decided to sleep to avoid thinking more.
 
 
After a few hours of sleeping at the trip, I felt mom shook me gently as she tries to wake me up. Since I can be easily awaken, my eyes drifted open “We’re here” mom informed me excitedly.
We got down the plane and I inhaled the fresh air as the cold breeze touches my skin. I can now feel Korea and I suddenly felt the excitement.
 
[End of JiHae’s POV]
 
 
[DaeHyun’s POV]
 
“Do you really have to go already, DaeHyun-ah?” my grandmother asked, sadness can be heard in her voice.
I nodded “Though I wanted to stay for more days, school starts in a week”
“You know, you can attend school here” my grandfather told me.
I frowned “As much as I want to stay here with you, Appa and Eomma surely won’t allow”
 
I’m in the last day of my vacation here in Busan where my grandparents are. They called me back in Seoul and said they missed me so much so I decided to come by and spend the vacation here. It was almost 5 years ago since the last time I’m here and the last time I saw them. Of all people, they are the most important ones of mine. I love them as much as they love me. I spent my childhood years with them and grew up with them as the ones took care of me, not my parents who are always busy working to make money. The company is always their priority. In fact, I don’t see them often at the mansion. We don’t even talk frequently whenever they are at home. That’s how close we are.
 
I saw them sigh “Arasseo. Just always watch your health, ok? It’s very important. Never skip meals especially breakfast” grandma instructed as I nodded.
“Our DaeHyun? Skipping meals? I don’t really think so, honey” grandpa shook his head and chuckled.
“Ah, right. Food is always your priority” Grandma chuckled too. They know me pretty well.
 
“I guess I have to go to the airport now” I said after checking on my wrist watch. Their happy faces faded.
“Ok. Be sure to come back” grandpa said.
“Of course, I will” I said and hugged each of them.
“Oh, DaeHyun-ah” grandma called as she remembered something “How many girls have you been dating… at the same time? Could you stop on playing with them?”
I laughed “What are you saying, grandma? I only have you” I playfully said as I lay an arm around her shoulders.
Grandpa chuckled again “What can he do? He inherited my handsome face”
I laughed again and high-fived grandpa “That’s so true, grandpa”
Grandma hit grandpa’s shoulder and said “I was so shocked to see a lot of girl’s numbers when I checked your phonebook. And your inbox consists of I love you's, I missed you's, Last night was fun and even Are you going to sleep here tonight? from different girls” she cited and then eyed me strictly “Tell me DaeHyun-ah, are you sleeping with different girls every night? Are you having with them?” she straightforwardly asked which made my eyes popped out.
I choked at her question “Grandma-- I-- Ahm-- Well…” I stuttered as I was trying to think of a good reply while trying to avoid her frightening gaze “…” I accidentally cursed as I cannot think of what to say “I really have to go now. I’m going to be late with my flight” I quickly said and kissed them goodbye before riding the car as fast as I can, leaving my grandma dumbfounded with my grandpa laughing. I know she’s not yet done scolding me and I know it will never end.
 
Minutes passed after the car took off, I received a message from grandma on my way to the airport. I chuckled, reading her text.
 
Yah, I’m not yet done talking to you. Who taught you to be that rude, DaeHyun-ah? I’m serious with what I said, ok? Stop it already. And oh, stop cursing. Anyway, have a safe flight. Take care on your way back to Seoul.
From: Grandma
 
I shook my head and decided to call grandma.
“Mianhae” I playfully said as soon she picked up, but I mean it.
“Don’t ever come back here unless you’ve changed, arasseo?” grandma threatened “I want you to change that attitude of yours”
“Ne” I briefly answered.
“I am serious” she sternly said.
I chuckled again “I know”
“Be a real man, ok?” she said.
“I am a real man” I whined on the phone.
“No you’re not” she said more firmly “Playing with different girls is not being a real man, I am telling you”
I sulked, continuously listening to her talk. I’m not sure if I can obey grandma this time but I’ll try.
“Find a girl that suits you, a decent one please” grandma pleaded “If you already found the right girl, that’s the only time that you could already come back here”
 
[End of DaeHyun’s POV]