It's Been A Year Pt II

Hyosung's Oneshot Collection

'Hyosung rose up abruptly, tears that were running down her face when she was unconscious. It was all just a dream, nothing more than a memory. Even though it wasn't real, she wished that it lasted a bit longer. So that she could fall down in his arms again and tell him what was bothering her, that she missed him. That she felt like she was losing herself without him. But it was too late, she didn't say anything at all, and she regretted it.

Going back to her original position, she let her mind drift off... hoping that she could see him again.

People say that history repeats itself, that no matter what happens, you will make the same mistakes over and over again. Hyosung woke up in her original position on the wooden table, this time it was different. She was dressed in a blue dress and a beige cardigan, reading a book while the sun was shining into the kitchen. At that moment, Yongguk came into the dining room, pouring coffee into two white mugs. It was exactly how he used to do it, and Hyosung automatically remembered this day. And how it left a deep scar in her heart, a scar she tried so hard to hide.

Hyosung turned back to her book, and listened as Yongguk approached her. Smiling brightly, and handing her the cup.

"You look beautiful today." He whispered to her, his hot breath on her cheek. It immediately raised the tiny hairs on her neck and gave her goosebumps all over. Yongguk backed off a bit just to spot a loose piece of hair and he tucked it behind her ear. But before he could do that, she ran her hand though her hair. Like I said, it was a habit.

Hyosung stared at him, and she felt a wave of nostalgia hit her. It was sad, how everything was different now, because of how bad everything was. She missed him, but there was a dangerous side to missing him, to being to attached to him.

"Did you take anything this morning? Trust me Yongguk, I'm not that pretty..." Hyosung could hear her voice, it was slightly muffled, like it was far away. You can expect something to happen like this since this was just a memory. Things weren't going to change, no matter how hard she tried.

'If we meet again, how should I talk to you?' He looked so happy, since the last time she saw him. How could he just leave her like that? Like it wasn't going to affect him either?

'Would you ignore me and pass me by even if you see me?' The smell of freshly brewed coffee made her even sadder, remembering how he would always make her breakfast, and shower her with compliments throughout the day.

 'All the guys that pass me look like you.' It was hard for her to get out into the real world and socialize with people. Nobody wants to be friends with a depressed twenty-year-old person, that was hung over some guy. Even if she went out into the real world, any guy that she passed by would remind her of Yongguk.

The setting changed, Yongguk opened the door and was walking down the hallway. Hyosung was in the living room, waiting up for him. You'd think everything was the same, but Yongguk wasn't smiling and looking happy anymore. Hyosung was sitting on the couch with a worried expression on her face. The sun wasn't shining through the kitchen, you could hear the rumbles of thunder, and see the flashes of lighting. The air got heavier and colder, but that wasn't rare since it was December after all.

Hyosung was dressed up in a plum tulle dress that matched her hair, sitting on the sofa, waiting up for Yongguk. The next thing she knew, Yongguk was standing in the kitchen's doorframe, like before, yelling at her. She stood up and fought back, screaming insults to his face.

It wasn't the present her that was fighting with him, but the Hyosung in the past. All of her shoutings were muffled, and she could hear Yongguk's shouting. About how she was useless, why she was so needy and attached to him. She remembered how much it hurt her, and how she wanted to hurt him.

So she kept on screaming, to the point where Yongguk pointed at her and told her to watch it, throwing his black cardigan on the floor. He headed into the kitchen, and Hyosung just stood there, looking at the thrown piece of clothing.

Walking slowly to the kitchen, Hyosung tried to be cautious, not wanting to throw his off the edge. She took and deep breath, and instantly recalled what happened.

"Oppa, are you okay?" Hyosung regretted saying that, Yongguk glared at her. He stood up, pushing her in the process.

'Like a poem written with tears.' She tried to walk away, as he yelled at her. But he grabbed her wrist, and spun her around, her hair and dress twirling in the air.

Hyosung attempted to push him away, she clutched his shirt and screeched back at him. Finally, she succeeded in shoving him aside, trying to get some distance between them.

'If this sad love ends, I will end too.' Walking towards the door, Yongguk once again rotated her and kept on asking her, why she could just do something like that to him and get away with it. His hard grip on her wrists were hurting her, and she whimpered, knowing that she'll get bruises the next day. Hyosung looked into his eyes, they're weren't captivating like before. They were depressing and agressive, the total opposite of the Yongguk she saw this morning. 

She was now terrified about what was going to happen next, and he did something that she never thought he would do. He shook her a bit more, and accidently slapped her. Hyosung cried out, and grasped her cheek, turning to the door. She tried to open the door as quickly as she could, running to the other side of the apartment.

'I miss your smile the day we broke up and the day before.' But the scene changed again once more, where Hyosung was in Yongguk's arms, smiling, and the sun was shining once more. She giggled and ran to the opposite side, as soon as she did that, it changed once more.

Hyosung was standing near her bedroom, Yongguk leaning against the wall. She ran into the bedroom, and Yongguk was now a bit cooled down.

For some reason, Hyosung was just there pushing him. At that moment it all felt right, she knew what she wanted to say to him. 'I wish you would have known what you were doing to me. Did you think I'd be okay if you randomly stepped out of my life? Did it ever cross your mind that I needed you? I thought you'd be one of those few I would always have in my life..'

After a few more shoves, Yongguk tried so hard to handle himself, and he fought back. He punched the full-length mirror and growled once the glass cut his fist. Hyosung was by his side, sobbing by what had just occured.

The next thing that she reminisced about that night was that he left, he put his promise ring in a tall glass of water, leaving beside a note. Telling her that even if she didn't forget about him, and if she ever saw him again, he wouldn't go to her. Telling her to find somebody who didn't hurt her like he did. Telling her to find someone who treated her better than he ever did.

And that was the last time she saw him.

After that long journey inside her head, Hyosung finally understood why it didn't work out. People change in relationships, and sometimes they just can't help it. It wasn't entirely her fault, but she couldn't help but believe that she was the problem.

She wiped away her tears, and took off the ring on her left hand. Throwing it into the cup, and watching it sink. Hyosung was finally over him.

 


 

Like something I can't do by myself

A farewell without you is too hard

If you're not satisfied with me and need to love another person

If that's good for you, then it's good for me too

 


» A/N: I finished it!~ I actually didn't know what to write, but... I did it. lol. /high fives myself/ I hope that this is okay. like there wasn't that much dialog. so, yeah. i wanted to do a happy ending, but the song wasn't like that at all. so request, subscribe, or comment! cause you guys are awesome. i was going to put this up earlier, but i had to do this rollercoaster project for science, and i was like at a friend's house for like four hours. i didn't even have time to do my homework. lol. but this isn't that angsty. i hope you like it!~ <333

Inspired by: For A Year - Zia