I Wish.

Hyosung's Oneshot Collection

Retrieving the plates, Hyosung scraped off any of the excess food and placed it in the plastic bin. It was any typical day at the diner; the customers were chatty, the smell of hamburgers and french fries filled the air, the sound of plates being pushed aside bounce off the room, and some servers had a pitcher of coffee in their hand, delivering it to anyone who wanted a refill.

In the background, you could hear the faint strumming of guitar playing. About two weeks ago, the diner decided to hire a musician to hopefully get more customers (like it wasn't busy already), and help people unwind after a long day. 

Most waitresses were giggling or daydreaming on and on about him, it really stuck a nerve in her. Mostly, because they wouldn't pitch in and help her as much anymore. They were to preoccupied, and caught up with some random guy that just got hired. The second thing was that Hyosung didn't really see much in him. Yeah sure, he was attractive. But other than playing the guitar and singing what else could he do? Jonghoon was probably just another pretty face; the type of person who thought they had a higher status than everyone else. Besides, even if Hyosung wanted to get into a relationship with him, she would just be too busy and it would complicate her life.

Hyosung pushed the cart back into the kitchen, hopefully someone was already assigned to do the dishes. After dropping off the plates and emptying out the trash, she decided to take her break outside of the diner. Glancing down at her watch, she still had about three hours left to go `till she finished her shift. Reaching for her phone from her apron, she unraveled her tangled ear buds and turned up the volume, secretly hoping to escape from this world for a moment.

The imaginary state of mind was cut short once Hyosung felt someone tapping her shoulder. She let out an upset groan, "Are you serious right now?! Is it wrong for me just to have a moment of peace?" Letting out an irritated expression, her eyes travel to strap the was supporting the guitar. The guitar that belonged the only Choi Jonghoon.

'This day couldn't any worser.' Hyosung rolled her eyes, and released another cry of misery and anger.

"Well, if you didn't want me here, then you could've just said so. No need to be so rude." A cold voice stated.

Her attention was immediately captured to the now-annoyed musican. The corners of her lips were dying to be turned into a smirk. It wasn't like she wanted to piss him off, but it was just amusing to see the virtuous performer all in a rut. Hyosung responded to his reaction with a teasing laugh, and resumed back to her previous actions. Jonghoon raised his eyebrows and took a seat down next to Hyosung.

That really surprised her, since she expected him to just walk back into the diner and probably chat with some of the other waitresses.

"Yah! What are you still doing here?" She exclaimed, pushing his shoulder a bit.

Jonghoon scoffed, and pulled out one her ear buds. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'd rather be here with you, despite your obnoxious behavior. Ever since I've gotten hired here, most of the servers have been talking my ear off... like they really don't see me."

Hyosung removed her earphones and hastily shoved her phone back into her pocket. This would be an interesting evening. "So basically, you're telling me that you don't enjoy all of the attention and compliments?"

For a moment, Jonghoon just sat there, deep in thought. "I mean, it's nice and everything. But there's this one girl who really caught my eye ever since I've gotten here."

Covering with her hand, Hyosung gasped and a wide grin threatened to make its way to her lips. "Oooo, I knew it! Who is it? I bet it's Bora..."

Jonghoon shook his head, and Hyosung continued to list more names. A few minutes passed, and she gave up. Jonghoon was probably lying, and trying to get her all worked up on this 'mystery woman.' Jonghoon explained to her that he was working on a new song for this 'mystery woman,' before going back inside the diner.

During her break, she found out that he was actually a decent guy. Jonghoon wasn't the arrogant guy she thought he would be, he was hardworking and talented. The total opposite of the guy in her head.

Hyosung pushed herself off the concrete stairway, and dusted off her hands and bottom. A few customers eyed her once she entered the diner, turning her head, she spotted Jonghoon on the wooden stool, practicing his new song on his guitar. She flashed him her gummy smile and waved, and a thumb's up after he waved back.

It was funny, how all of a sudden you can see someone in a different light. Just like how Hyosung saw Jonghoon in a different light today, a part of her wondered if he saw her as a good person? Maybe not. But maybe he did. Hyosung made her way to an empty seat, keeping her eyes on Jonghoon. Hoping that everything was going well with the 'mystery woman' and all. Hopefully, the mystery woman would accept his heart, but she couldn't help but feel a spark of jealousy erupt through her heart.

"Hey, everybody... if I could get your attention. This song is dedicated for this woman who really touched my heart." Jonghoon murmured through the microphone.

Clapping in the distance was Hyosung, cheering him on. Along with some of the servers. Then Jonghoon started playing.

You’re so pretty, I want you
You’re so nice, I want you
I usually don’t look at girls but why am I acting this way, like a fool?

Every single day, I only think of you
Even when I close my eyes, I only think of you
Each time I see you, my heart trembles and I can’t breathe

Baby, I wish it was me, I wish it was so
Lonely lonely oh my love
I wish your love was me uh uh uh uh uh uh
Baby, I wish it was me, I wish it was so
Lonely lonely oh, love me
I don’t wanna be alone anymore uh uh uh I love you

Jonghoon finally finished the song, and the room was filled with applause and encouragement. Hyosung slow-clapped as she made her way towards the stage, "So... who is this 'mystery woman'?"

Reaching Hyosung for an embrace, Jonghoon leaned in and whispered, "So you really haven't figured out now?"

Hyosung giggled and replied, "Do you really think that I'm that stupid?" Before leaning in and kissing him on the lips gently.

 


I guess it’s love – I can’t catch a wink of sleep

I guess I love you – I keep thinking of you

When I meet you, I get happy like a kid


REQUESTED BY: superstarhyo

» A/N: ugh, i'm so sorry i took that long to update. i was just way too tired. or maybe i wasn't in the mood. so, this , cause i at writing fluff. omo. i really tried, and i didn't know what kind of personality jonghoon had. ;o; the banghyo one is after this, if i can get an idea. but i'm working on daehyo, it's angst again. sorry. so if you're reading this, remember that i at writing, and that i love you guys. I'm too lazy to capitalize all of these letters, so it's a hundred percent possible that i made a mistake. lol. stay postitive!

Inspired by: FT Island - I Wish feat. Secret