Have A Drink.

Hyosung's Oneshot Collection

Hyosung watched as another group of students enter the BBQ restaurant, it's been about an hour since she's been waiting. But she'll know that it's been worth the while once she sees him once more. She shivered inside her oversized hoodie and took a bite out of the piece of meat that's been on the grill for a while.

The weather was already getting colder, but that wasn't much of a surprise since winter was a month away. Winter was perfect for warm soups, and maybe a glass of soju. She laughed quietly to that thought, it made her sound like she was some alcoholic. But maybe in some cases, she was.

She looked across the room, and her eyes met a plain, white analog clock. It was already twelve past nine, and he hasn't been answering any of her calls. Hyosung knew that today was his day off, so he had plenty of time. If he couldn't make it, then she'll lend him her time. Sadly after he left, she's had a lot of time to spare.

Scrolling through her phone, Hyosung redialed his number again. Hoping to hear his soothing voice, she pressed her ear into the cool surface of her touch screen, and once she heard his automated voicemail, Hyosung suddenly felt knots forming in her stomach.

"Daehyun-ah... It's past nine now, I've been waiting for you. If you can't make it, I understand. Don't worry about me, I just wanted to say I love you..." Hyosung hesitated for a moment before hanging up.

Drinking another glass of soju, Hyosung closed her eyes for a few seconds before opening them. She knew that it was stupid to think that he'll show up, but her mind desperately held onto this small thought, this small dream.

Daehyun must have thought of her as a senseless woman after hearing all her messages she'd left for him. And that was okay if he thought about her that way, because she wouldn't disagree. All she wanted to do was just be comfortable with him, and have a drink. Just another chance to see him again.

Oh, how their love was passionate. She missed his warm arms embracing her, and somehow his scent always comforted her. His thick lips, and his adorable Busan accent whenever he would get surprised or angry. Hyosung missed his huge appetite, and how he would always joke around in bed saying that he was still hungry before kissing her lips. They practically raised their love, going through their ups-and-downs.

Hyosung focused her nostalgic eyes on the half-full bottle of soju, she still wasn't feeling tipsy yet. Not that she was trying to get flat-out drunk. Hyosung grabbed the bottle, and refilled her shot glass before shooting it down again.

The more she thought about him, the more she drank and drank. As the sound of her cup landing down on the wooden table increased, tears were already forming in the corners of her eyes. Hyosung sniffed, and used the edges of her sleeves to wipe them away. Thank god she wore waterproof makeup today.

Taking few minutes to steady her breathing, Hyosung went back to her food. Knowing how much Daehyun loved food. It was his one and only baby. She reached for the pair of chopsticks beside her and began digging into her plate of kimchi.

'Hyosung...' a voice called out to her.

Instantly, her head snapped up to the man who had summoned her. It was him, Daehyun. He looked the same with his light brown hair. He smelled exactly the same, like his usual cologne with a hint of lavendar. It seemed like he was right in front of her. Deep down inside, she knew it wasn't him. It was just some stupid hallucination. Just the effect of drinking too much.

Yet again, she tried to hold back her tears again. Like a fool, she couldn't forget him. Was he going to keep acting this cold to her? Even the warm soup was cold as his heart now.

'One more glass.' She informed herself.

Filling up her cup, she chugged it down and searched for her satchel. After slipping it on, she struggled to push herself up from the table. Hyosung just stood there, caught up in thinking about how she looked right now. Her trembling appearance. Her tousled hair that wouldn't be considered pretty. Her skin made it look like she didn't sleep enough. Her face was slimming down, showing how skinny she was getting. Daehyun would hate to see it.

Today was the first time she saw him every since he left her. Well, if hallucinations could count. But it didn't matter, she needed him. Sitting back down, Hyosung looked around. The place was almost empty, since it was already 10-something.

Hyosung stared down into the empty glass cup, and sighed. He wasn't coming, he was probably out getting over her. The total opposite of what she was doing. Each second passed by slowly, and soon she let herself go, wasting all of her energy on him... Tears in her drink, Daehyun in her heart, were both overflowing.

She just wanted him to embrace her in his arms. Falling down in his arms. Breaking down in his arms. After leaving her heart, she just wanted to cry. Like her previous wish, she wanted him to still meet her. For him to come over even if he was late. He shouldn't let her cry alone like this, because they were always together.

"I love you, I love you." She muttered.

But she didn't want to love either. So what did she want? 'I'm going crazy...'


Leaving my heart, I want to cry

Come over even if you are late

Don't let me cry alone like this

Because we were always together


» A/N: idk, if this is angsty enough. i thought that this would fit daehyun, since he loves food. since the mv was shot in a restaurant. lol, i'm running out of ideas!~ xD ugh, i hid this for months now. but i just couldn't write anything. /cries/ i promised that there would be a banghyo one, and i'm halfway done with that. /cough/ i cannot write fluff/ i can't promise that i'll update soon, but this is better than nothing right? i'm going back to my other oneshots and editing all of that, cause i made alot of mistakes. *careless me* so if anybody spots a mistake just tell me. please. aha. please comment and subscribe!~

Inspired by: Have A Drink - Zia - MV