Part Five

100 Paper Cranes


 

PART I

 

 

Dara felt a thousand numbers of butterflies rumbled inside her stomach when he spoke. Did she hear him right?

 

 

She blinked and turns her body to face him with a mystified expression.

 

 

“M-mwo???”

 

 

This is it. Chanyeol swallowed the mixture of embarrassment and the lack of courage that almost stopped him from confessing his feelings.

 

 

He bit his lips before standing up and reaching for her arm.

 

 

Their eyes widened with the electric flow that they felt when their skin touched.

 

 

“I s-said, use me.” He stuttered.There! There’s no turning back now!

 

 

A blush immediately crept up to their faces, burning their cheeks to the maximum shade of color red. In a snap, Dara pulled her arm away from him.

 

 

 

She hugged herself defensively with widely opened.

 

 

“I’M NOT YET READY! I’M TOO YOUNG FOR THAT!! I WILL ONLY DO IT…W-WITH MY HUSBAND!!!”

 

 

 

What? What?! Chanyeol’s mind erupted.

 

 

The spirit of the smart Park Chanyeol within him awakens, he looked at him while shaking his head, disappointment pasted on his face.

 

 

‘What did I—Did I say something wrong?” He asked the smart Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Still shaking his head, the smart Park Chanyeol took out something from his pocket and showed it to him. A foil with something inside it.

 

 

 

His eyes bulged out with the sight of the ‘thing’ he’s holding.

 

 

 

She misunderstood?!

 

 

 

‘OH NO WHAT THE K AHGJBAKBASHGCAH! ERTED THOUGHTS OMG, SHAKHAKJAK ASDFAJHBAKJASK, NOW SHE’LL HATE ME.JXGSHSJS, I’M SO STUPID. OMG, WHAT TO DO?! WHAT TO DO!?’

 

 

 

The smart Park Chanyeol smiled and pulls out the other part of him, cool Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Cool Park Chanyeol raised an eye brow and crosses his arms over his chest.

 

 

Oh, he’s shining with the blinding spot light focused to him.

 

 

And what the heck is with the heart and diamond shaped things that floats around him?? Chanyeol stupidly thought.

 

 

‘Just ask her out already, you pabo.’

 

 

After saying those words, cool Park Chanyeol turned around putting his both hands inside his pocket bringing the shining spot light away.

 

 

H-hey, what's cool with his adivice!? He retorted.

 

 

 

“CM? CM? HELLO? CM????” 

 

 

 

He was dragged back to the real world when he saw Dara waving her hands in front of his face. He stepped back— and almost stumbled down with his clumsiness.

 

 

 

She held onto his arms preventing him to fall on his back.

 

 

 

“You’re really creepy.”

 

 

She smiled and pulls him with all her strength, and there, they’re faces almost clashed into each other.

 

 

 

“But it’s wrong to use you to forget him.”She whispered in his ears.

 

 

DUB DUB DUB. Chanyeol’s heart is exploding with feels.

 

 

What a relief, good thing Dara figured out what he means with the ‘use me’ slip of his stupid tongue.

 

 

But—what? Oh, she doesn’t want him.

 

 

He looked down after realizing what she just said.

 

 

Maybe she likes Luhan that much that she doesn’t even wanted to give him a chance? Yeah, Chanyeol, just give it up.

 

 

 His soul is slowly flapping his wings to heaven with the thought of him being rejected; he hasn’t even said that he likes her. Oh this cruel world. He straightened up his body and moved away from her face.

 

 

Dara sighed. She can’t be mad at him, she knows that Chanyeol doesn’t want to see her getting hurt, of course, they’re friends.

 

 

She tiptoed and reached for the back of his neck, wrapping her arms around it.

 

 

“But thank you, for being a friend CM.” He stiffened. His heart is melting, but at the same time, breaking.

 

 

A friend.

 

 

“But… I like you.” He said after pushing her to face him.

 

 

Another heart attack, Dara felt her stomach tightening. What’s this feeling? It feels so painful yet delightful. The paradox collapsed inside her chest, it’s confusing.

 

 

“Like me? I like you too, you’re my friend!”’ She beamed and ignores her feelings.

 

 

Chanyeol’s jaw clenched. His face darkened.

 

 

He turned around and hastily grabbed his back pack.

 

 


“Sunday, 10 am. Meet me at the park.” And he walked away leaving her dumbfounded.

 

 

 

A date?

 

 

 

"A-ani! A friendly date. Neh! A friendly date it is!" She mumbled as she looked at his back fading from her sight.

 

 

 

To be continued...

 


 

SORRY FOR THE ERRORS!

DizzzGuyy.