Part Four

100 Paper Cranes

 

 

Chanyeol can hear her sniffing several times before he felt her tugging the edge of his shirt.

 

 

 

He looked down and saw her rubbing her eyes like a kid.

 

 

 

His lips curled into a smile with her gestures.

 

 

 

“Feeling better?”He asked making her look up to him. Her big brown eyes were still wet from tears.

 

 

 

“Ice cream…”She voiced out, showing off her puppy eyes at him.

 

 

 

Chanyeol let out a soft chuckle before ruffling her hair.

 

 

 

“Arrasso.” He said then grabbed her wrist, dragging her out of the soccer field.

 

 

 

Luhan stepped back and hid himself on the navy blue painted bleachers.

 

 

 

When he was already sure that they wouldn’t see him, he carefully peeked out.

 

 

 

He saw how she blushed when Chanyeol’s hold from her wrist slowly slid down until he was already touching her hand as they walked out.

 

 

 

She’s blushing?

 

 

 

He shut his eyes closed as his fist gradually curled into a fist.”No, Dara…”

 

 

 

 

The two finished ordering their ice creams.

 

 

 

Dara ordered the flavor for them; Well… Chanyeol is always powerless when it comes to deciding what flavor of ice cream it should be, although he was the one who always pays for it.

 

 

 

“Hmm! This tastes good!”Dara beamed and takes another at her strawberry flavored ice cream.

 

 

 

Chanyeol snorted and looked at the pink substance inside his ice cream cone.”But it’s pink”

 

 

 

“I like pink!”

 

 

 

“I hate pink.”He retorted earning a bitter scowl from the girl beside him.

 

 

 

“What’s your favorite color CM?”She asked while narrowing her eyes at him.

 

 

 

“Black!”He automatically answered.

 

 

 

“Then I hate Black too!”He grimaced with her last statement and looked at her unbelievingly.

 

 

 

“After paying for your ice cream you have the guts to tell me that? This girl, you’re unbelievable!”

 

 

 

“It’s because you hate pink! And you like Black because you think its cool right?”

 

 

 

“Black is cool! I am cool! Perfect combination right?”He smugly said; wiggling his perfectly shaped eyebrows.

 

 

 

“Cool? Luhan is cooler—Oh…”Dara covered when she realized what she said.

 

 

 

 

An awkward silence soon filled the place.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol pretended not to hear her and just continued on eating his ice cream while Dara just stared at the blank space.

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry…”She apologized with a sigh.

 

 

 

“Sorry for? I didn’t hear anything so don’t be bothered by it.”Her eyes focused on him, why is he so nice?

 

 

 

 

She felt like the guilt will swallow her anytime soon and she can’t do anything but cover her face with her hand to hide her embarrassment.

 

 

 

Chanyeol saw a drop pink liquid dropped on the ground. His eyes instinctively flew to Dara and he saw her hands trembling.

 

 

 

She must be really upset to the point that she didn’t notice her melting ice cream. He sighed.

 

 

 

 

“Its fine…--“

 

 

 

 

“No it’s not! I’m with you but a part of me still thinks of him, it’s unfair!”

 

 

 

 

 

“Then forget about him.”

 

 

 

 

She froze when she heard his voice.

 

 

 

 

It’s like he’s demanding for her to do it, like it’s the easiest thing to do when it’s not, for her…forgetting Luhan is the hardest, the most difficult thing that anyone could tell her to do.

 

 

 

“I can’t.”She answered and faced him.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol felt something pricked his chest, truth hurts, and it hurts like hell.

 

 

 

 

“You can do it.”He said and tossed the ice cream cone away.

 

 

 

 

“Creepy man, it’s not that easy!”She stood up annoyed and looked at him.

 

 

 

 

 

“You can do it.”He repeated without looking at her.

 

 

 

Dara felt pissed that he kept on insisting that she can, because she knows it to herself. She can’t and she won’t.

 

 

 

“Thanks for the ice cream but I think I need to be alone.”

 

 

 

 

She grabbed her backpack and turned around but Chanyeol stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

 

 

 

 

 

Dara looked at him over her shoulder and saw his face.

 

 

 

 

His eyes looks like it’s pleading, hoping.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Use me.”

 

 

 

 

---------------

Sorry for the errors.

I don't really have the heart to write these past few days, I feel down and to tell you the truth, it took me three days of typing, erasing everything, then typing again for this update. (TTUTT) WAEEE.

------------