Part Three

100 Paper Cranes

 

 

"Luhannie!"Dara called him.

 

 

 

It was the first time she called him again after a week of sticking with Chanyeol.Luhan who was still pissed--confused, in denial of his jealousy rolled his eyes as he turned to face her.

 

 

 

"What do you need this time?"He said sternlya and looks at her sharply.Dara flinched when she saw his eyes, he looks mad.

 

 

 

"Umm-- I just want to ask..D-did you see CM?"

 

 

 

"Who's that?"He asked and turned his back to her again to pick up his soccer ball.Dara tiptoed to see him but failed--she pouted and scrunched her nose.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol?Remember?"

 

 

 

Hearing her, Luhan's hold to his soccer ball loosened until it dropped on the well trimmed green grass of the soccer field.Dara made an 'o' shape with her pinky little lips and tried to peek at him again.

 

 

 

"Luhannie?"

 

 

 

"I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE!"He blurted out and kicked his soccer ball as strong as he can.Dara was startled.

 

 

 

"Are you okay?"Dara asked and touched his arms but Luhan shove it off and pushes her away making her fall.

 

 

 

"You know what?! I'm so tired of you! Can you just disappear from my sight?!"

 

 

 

"L-luhannie..."Her eyes forming tears, she sniffed and tried her best not to cry.

 

 

 

"You're an eyesore."With that, he walked out leaving her dumbfounded.Dara looked down and sniffed.

 

 

 

Chanyeol who was silently watching  earlier decided to walk to her.He saw her biting her lips to avoid her cries to be heard and slowly wiping her tears with the edge of her big shirt.He wanted to punch Luhan for being a jerk but he can't--he knows how much he means to her.And if beating him up would cause her to despise him, he would rather be calm and just stay by her side as she cry because of him.

 

 

 

Dara saw the familiar pair of cool shoes infront her.She looked up with teary eyes and saw Chanyeol looking down at her--probably pitying her.

 

 

 

"WAAAAAAAAH!! CM! L-luhan he--! He!"She spread her arms asking for a hug and paused to sniff one more time.Chanyeol couldn't help but smile.Dara will always be cute no matter what she does.

 

 

 

He kneeled down and gave her a hug.Dara enveloped her arms around his neck and burried her face on his chest.Chanyeol could feel her wet tears--and some other liquid that he doesn't want to know.

 

 

 

"It's okay Dara-ah, CM's here." He then started tapping her back  to comfort her like a baby.

 

 

 

 

Luhan stopped on his tracks and realized what he have done.He stared at his both hands.

 

 

 

"I pushed her away again."he said and closed his eyes in disappointment.

 

 

 

--

 

A little girl barged in from the big door and flew her whole body to the 5 year old kid named, Luhan.

 

 

 

"OMOO~! Luhannie! Momma told me that we can marry each other soon!"She squeeled, jumping up and down still holding his arms.

 

 

 

Luhan looked at his mother with teary eyes."But ummaaa~! I don't like Dara!"

 

 

 

"Luhan!"His mother shot him a warning look .

 

 

 

"WE'LL GET MARRRRRRRRIEEED!!!"Dara repeated with a big smile on her face.

 

 

 

"I DON'T WANT TO! UMMAAAAAA!! I DON'T WANT TO MARRY DARAAA!!"Luhan started crying.He was constantly shaking his head as he begged his mother.Dara looked at Mrs. Xi and pouted.

 

 

 

"I thought moma in law said Luhannie loves me too?!"

 

 

 

"Ofcour---"

 

 

 

"NOO~! I DON'T WANT TO MARRY YOUU!"Luhan pushed her aside and run away.

 

 

 

It was the first time he pushed her, Dara who was hurt that time didn't showed up for a week.For dara to resist the eagerness to see him for a week,  Luhan considers it as one of her few life accomplishments.

 

 

 

 

He admitted that the whole week without Dara made him feel lonely.Since he was the only child and his parents are always away, it was Dara who always runs from no where and hugs him tightly to the extent that he can't breathe anymore.

 

 

 

A day without her makes him empty.

 

 

 

 

He opened his eyes after realizing that he was wrong.He quickly run back to the field only to see a scene that made him realize something more--

 

 

 

 

 

He needs her.