Part Six

100 Paper Cranes
 
 

 

 

Dara was walking back and forth inside her bed room; her steps were slow and careful since she doesn’t want to make any noise that would wake up her dorm mates.
 
 
 
 
She stopped then eyed the clothes lying on top of her bed. 
 
 
 
Big shirts and long pants, these types of clothes are the only ones that she has INSIDE her closet. What should a girl wear on a date— Erm, a… ‘Friendly’ date? Her lips pursed in frustration. The thought has been bothering her since the day she last saw her CM, Chanyeol.
 
 
 
Yes, she hasn’t seen him for like—three days already, and she misses him so much. She’s always alone and when she sees Luhan… it’s either she ignores him or he ignores her, that’s the cycle. 
 
 
 
“AIGOOO I CAN’T DO THIS!” She used the palms of her both hands to wipe her face. If she won’t get dressed right now she’ll surely be late for their date. 
 
 
 
Three girls were peeking at the small opening of the door. They are Bom, Suzy and Yoona, Dara’s dorm mates.
 
 
 
 
Each of them giggled while looking at Dara who was now messing up her own hair as she buried her face on the mattress of her bed.
 
 
 
Bom couldn’t help it; Dara looks like she’s going to end up looking like an idiot on her first date. She poked the two other girls at her side and gave them a meaningful look.
 
 
 
 As if they understood each other just from exchanging meaningful glances, Yoona and Suzy winked at her as a sign of approval. They slowly pressed their hands on the body of the wooden door and then pushed it making a loud thud as it opened.
 
 
 
 
 Dara hastily turned her head in shock, dropped on the ground as she saw a dangerous aura coming out from the three girls in front her. They grinned as they slowly closed the door; Dara gulped hard, a drop of cold sweat rolled down from her temple to her cheeks.
 
 
 
 
“Dara Park, we’re giving you a makeover!”
 
 
--
 
 
Chanyeol runs his finger on his hair for the nth time, note; need to look good. He compressed his lips together then looked around the place. It’s a sunny day in Seoul, fortunately, it seems like the weather is on his side.
 
 
 
 
 This date will be perfect, everything is well planned.
 
 
 
Adark circle was visible under his eyes, he was searching for places where they can go, foods that they can eat and everything that he needs to do while on a date all week. What are the do’s and what are the don’ts, he memorized it all. 
 
 
 
 
It’s not his first date but why does he felt like a 10 year old kid who’ll meet his childhood crush after a long time? This feeling of him towards Dara is just crazy; it feels like a tornado of butterflies grumbling inside his stomach. His eyes fell on his wrist watch; his lips automatically formed a genuine smile.
 
 
 
 
Dara is a girl after all huh? She’s late for almost 5 minutes already and it’s not a big deal for him. As what Google says, if a girl is late for a date, it’s either she’s taking too much time on getting herself ready or she just want to test the guy’s temper.
 
 
 
 
Easy. His inner subconscious puffed his chest of confidence, nothing can go wrong, of course, it’s because he is Park Chanyeol. 
 
 
 
--
 
 
Dara almost fell on her knees when she lost her focus on walking, damn high heels. Her hair that was fixed in smooth curls slowly went to her cheeks as she looked down to see her aching legs. Ah, too much exposed skin, Dara thought.
 
 
 
 
She was wearing a cute colorful dress paired with clean white heels that was given to her by Bom. Her cute curls were done by Yoona while her simple yet glowing natural looking make up was tasked to Suzy.
 
 
 
 
 
They’re not that close but she’s really thankful to them, they’re like fairies to her.
 
 
 
 
Since she can’t pay them with money, she decided to thank them in a different way. The Dara way. She slapped her hand on to suppress the laughter that was about to escape from her when a flashback of what she did earlier flashed on her mind.
 
 
 
 
What did she do? Simple, she kissed them on their cheeks after hugging them so tight that they souls almost flew to exo planet.
 
 
 
After she released them from her kiss, the girls went running around her room yelling how weird and gross it feels to be kissed by a girl on their cheek, well, it’s kinda common for girls to kiss on their cheeks but not how Dara did it, it’s just—weird, too weird.
 
 
 
 
“D-dara?” That voice. Dara looked up and saw him looking at her in amusement. 
 
 
 
 
“CM!” Chanyeol felt his chest contracted, he missed her cheerful voice so much, especially when she calls him ’CM’, that half insulting half flattering pet name given to him by her.
 
 
 
 
He wanted to walk towards her but his feet… it feels like it was glued on the ground. Her brows furrowed when he didn’t moved, what happened to him? 
 
 
 
 
She’s so beautiful. He thought.
 
 
 
 
Dara slightly rotated her head to see his face, is there something different to him today? He doesn’t look creepy…at all.
 
 
 
 
He’s uhh.....handsome today. She thought.
 
 
 
 
The two looked away when they realized that they were actually staring at each other for some time. Chanyeol swallowed hard then bit his lips while Dara just looked down blushing. 
 
 
 
 
Awkward.
 
 
 
 
“Uhh—you look different today…” Chanyeol said, Darn, I can’t even say that she’s beautiful. C’mon Park Chanyeol, what happened to your practice with Kris?  Don’t tell me you’ll waste everything! 
 
 
 
--
 
“You look really pretty!” Tao was trying his best not to laugh so loud by biting his lips as he looked at the most ‘romantic’ scene in front of him. Kris grabbed a bottle and threatened him by pretending to throw it to his face but Tao just continued on enjoying the show.
 
 
“Damn it Tao! Can you just leave us alone?” Chanyeol blurted out. 
 
 
“What for? You want Krissy to be alone with you so you can do a…miracle?” He his lips then winked at them seductively.
 
 
Kris and Chanyeol slowly looked at each other. 
 
 
“Not my type!” They both said in unison.
 
 
They continued their practice all day same goes for Tao; he was teasing the two all day long.
 
 
--
 
 
 
“Erm—Y…yeah, my dorm mates helped me.”Dara answered. Chanyeol looked at her as if he was waiting for her to say something. 
 
 
 
 
Dara flinched. ‘Don’t forget to compliment him okay?’ Bom reminded her before she left their dorm.
 
 
 
 
 
“Ah! You look handsome CM!”
 
 
 
Chanyeol wipes the tip of his nose using the back of his hand to hide the blush that crept to his cheeks. Dara looked confused, ‘Aigoo, did I say anything inappropriate?’
 
 
 
“Is anything wrong?”
 
 
 
 
She asked innocently, completely unaware that the guy beside her was now drowning with self confidence. ‘Handsome as ever, Chanyeol! Kkkkk~~’
 
 
 
 
“CM?”
 
 
 
 
“Oh! Ha-ha-ha, c’mon now, let’s start this date!”
 
 
 
 
He grabbed her thumb and held it as they walked inside the park.
 
 
 
 
Dara was looking down at their hands while walking, she then looked up and saw Chanyeol’s back, she suddenly felt the urge to touch it but Chanyeol suddenly looked over his shoulder only to see her staring at him.
 
 
 
“Dara?”
 
 
 
Thump.
 
 
 
 
 
Thump.
 
 
 
 
Thump.
 
 
 
 
 
She blinked several times before looking up to his face again.
 
 
 
 
Looking at his face...
 
 
 
 
 
Touching him...
 
 
 
 
 
Hearing him call my name...
 
 
 
 
 
It all makes my heart ache.
 
 
 
 
 
 
What's this feeling?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hate it.