Dinner Time

Shots Collection

 

“Ap-Appa!” a 5 years old MinAh runs towards her dad, who is currently facing the stove. It’s Thursday night, it means dad makes dinner. MinAh always love it when her dad cooks, it makes her happy, waiting for dinner with no boring activity.

“Rabbit!” Seunghyun teases his daughter as he lifts her up, and sat her in the counter next to him.

“Appa what are you making?” she leans towards the big pot with bubbling sound on her left. Seunghyun caught her just in time before she fell and hit the pot with her head.

“Dinner” he mumbles kissing MinAh’s cheek and opening the cabinet above him. MinAh swings her legs, taking a big fish shaped gummy candy that she got from her friend and shove it into her little mouth.

“Omma said to make it pretty” she looks at her dad, crouching and opening more cabinets with furrowed brows. “Pretty?” he repeated.

“Umh! Pretty!" she then mimics her dad’s expression as he pulls out a bag of brown stuff. Seunghyun messily throws some in the pot and stir it. MinAh scrounges her face at the sight of the food, but so is Seunghyun. “I don’t think this can turn out pretty, baby” he grins worriedly.

“Then make it delish appa!” she giggles, and tries to grab a bag of biscuits next to her. Cooking with dad always makes her happy, because she can eat snacks while waiting. Unlike mom, who keeps telling her that she won’t finish her meal if she ate snacks before dinner. But MinAh has no problem finishing her meal every Thursday night. She has her mom and dad’s appetite,  in one tiny body.

“Where did Bom put the sugar now..” she can hear her dad mumbles while holding the empty sugar container with one hand and opening the fridge looking for sugar. “Well, apple is also sweet, right MinAh?” he cuts the apple into a small pieces and throws it into the pot, stirring for a few minutes and taste it. “Mmmh, I’m a genius!” he mumbles, making MinAh smiles in delight.

Appa’s dinner is always yummy, but it is always messy. “Appa what is that?” she finally ask what is the menu tonight. “It is a beef stew! Or…curry rice?” Seunghyun read the label of the brown stuff he just added a few minutes ago, then glancing at the stove “ Fried curry rice?” he added, noticing that he put the stove on high. It’ll burn in no time.

A few minutes passed, some more ingredients being added, MinAh watches as her dad took out a very large pan, and scrap out the now thick and dark sauce from the pot and mix it with rice on the pan. “Well, fried curry rice it is!” he hums to a song only he knows. “Do you want cheese MinAh?” he asked. MinAh nodded, and looks around her. It is a complete mess! Her dad always ended up dirtying more pans and pots than her mom. And needless to say, her mom will never step into the kitchen- at least not until she had her breakfast.

But usually, if her mom got no plan on going out with either Aunt Chaerin and Uncle Jiyong, it will be spotless the next morning and she can have a very nice breakfast. Even luckier if her mom doesn't have to teach the next day. Chocolate chip pancake with honey, whipped cream and banana will be MinAh's request.

Ring! Ring!

MinAh looks as her dad as he answers his phone. “Ah, honey what’s up?” he greeted coolly, It must be mom! MinAh grins and tries to get closer to her dad. “Mmm, so Ji can’t come over tomorrow, because he’s going to take Chae to the hospital?” MinAh's grins slowly disappeared.

No good, if Aunt Chaerin or Uncle Jiyong not coming, it means she needs to deal with soggy cereal. Bom won’t touch the kitchen until Seunghyun cleaned it, and he usually can pestered the leaders to clean them while they’re watching over MinAh. Bom has a morning class to teach, so that’s why Aunt and Uncle leader are rescuing MinAh’s dad.

“Appa, I don’t want soggy cereal tomorrow” MinAh whines. Seunghyun seems to be flustered with MinAh’s respond after he hung up.

“Uh…Happy Meal for breakfast isn’t bad right MinAh?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: If some things don't actually make sense, i am sorry :c. will try to upload Baby Time (that old story sobs)  after 18!