Just when everything is perfect

Kiss Me

 

 

 

 

Am I hearing things again? Or is this real? Did … did Jessica just said that she wanted to be the person who can make me happy?

 

I breathed out still staring at the girl in front of me who’s probably waiting for my response. Wait, she is definitely waiting for it. Pabo, Taeyeon.

 

“Are you for real?” I asked her still not believing about the fact that she likes me. I mean, how? Why? When? I got so many question that is needed to be answered but I need the answer for this certain question first.

 

“Yes, Taeyeon. And I’m hell serious about this.” Jessica said while giving me the strong face that she always wears when she’s determined to prove something. And right now, she’s proving to me that she likes me and she’s that person who can make me happy. How can I reject her offer if she looks this determined?

 

“Like, serious-“

 

“I already told you. I’m hell serious about this.” She cut my words with her own sentence. I sighed in defeat. I can’t really compete with her. Wait, why am I even competing? I want this right? So, I should be happy. But … why can’t I feel the happiness that I’m supposed to feel?

 

 “Okay. I believe you.” I said in defeat, “But, Jessica” I looked deeply on her eyes letting her feel how serious I am right now. “I can’t promise you that I will return your feelings.”

 

She smiled sadly at me which made me feel guilty about this whole thing. Now I’m starting to regret to even start this conversation with her. Sighed. I’m so hopeless.

 

“Don’t worry about it Taeyeon.” She held my hand and rubbed the back of my palm with her thumb soothingly. This feels so nice. Her caring act is so nice to experience. I feel so lucky right now. “I’ll make you love me. I promise.” This time she smiled sincerely at me which made me smile back softly to her. I can tell that she’s not that hard to love since she’s already lovable from the start. Now I can really admit that I’m lucky right now. So lucky. I mean, the almighty Jessica Jung just said that she will make me love her. If other people heard her words they will probably die in jealousy and have thoughts of killing me. Scary.

 

“Thank you, Sica. You don’t know how much this means to me.”

 

“No, Taeyeon. Thank you. Because this opportunity means the world to me. Just wait, you’ll fall in love with me. So hard that you can’t get up from it.”

 

“Yes, please do.”

 

***

 

 

I can see my breath come out from my mouth as I exhale.

 

Its winter right now and Christmas is nearing. It’s already been three months since that happened. And I can say that, I’m enjoying Jessica’s company so much.  She’s so caring to the extent that I told her that she could be my Mom. And right after those words came out from my mouth I quickly felt a pain at the back of my head.

 

Right now Jessica and I are going to buy some things for Christmas. So here I am, sitting on one of the bench at the bus stop that we’re supposed to meet. I feel really bad because I should be fetching her in her house while using my motorbike but since it’s broken we have to meet here.

 

I looked at my wrist watch, ‘4:43 pm’ There are still seventeen minutes before the time we set up.

 

I shift my eyes from left to right to see if the girl I’m waiting for is there already. I rested my back on the backrest of the bench. I relaxed in my sit and my shoulders sank. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the silent surrounding.

 

I know I shouldn’t be worrying about this but, for the past months that I’m not hanging out nor talking with Tiffany she really looked so depress. Yes, I think that’s just normal since I’ve been her best friend since forever but being depress is not the only word that I can describe how she is now. She looked, wasted. She looks … lonely.

 

I mean, why should she? She had him the person she loves the most. And I’m just her best friend. The second option when it comes to the person she can run to when she’s sad. Just the second option. So why?

 

I don’t understand.

 

Whenever I’m together with Jessica and when we accidentally encountered Tiffany and her boyfriend, she will always looks at me with a somewhat jealous eyes.

 

This is not helping me understand at all.

 

Why will she look at me with those eyes? She shouldn’t look at me with those eyes.

 

She shouldn’t.

 

“Taengoo?” I shot my eyes open as soon as the familiar sweet voice entered my ears. I smile crept on my face the moment I saw her gorgeous face.

 

“Sica.” I said then stood up from sitting and walked towards her. The moment I got in front of her, I quickly wrapped my arms around her, enveloping her in a sweet hug. I kissed her left cheek before breaking the hug but got stopped when a pair of arm encircled around my waist.

 

“Just a bit more…” She mumbled and I can’t help but to let out a sheepish grin. I quickly hugged her back and buried my face in the nook of her neck. I inhaled her intoxicating scent which sent shivers down through my spine the moment the scent entered my nostrils.

“I missed you.” She said then the both of us broke the hug. I chuckled at her while she pouts at me. Aigoo. So cute!

 

“But we just saw each other yesterday.” I said while trying hard not to laugh when she made an annoyed face.

 

“So you don’t miss me?” She said with her cold voice which made me gulp.

 

“W-What? O-Of course I do…” I stuttered. Maaan. This side of Jessica is really scary. She grinned at me and let out a cute giggle which made me smile like an idiot at how cute she is.

 

“Good!” She exclaimed then went to my side and wrapped her arms around my right arm and cling onto it. She tugged my arm which made me look at her.

 

“Let’s go now, Taengoo!”

 

“Sure.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

We we’re strolling around the district market. While occasionally stopping at one shop to another and we’re having so much fun right now. Or more like, Jessica is having so much fun right now. Don’t get me wrong it’s not like I’m not really having fun right now it’s just that this girl beside me who’s busy looking at the clothes loves shopping a lot. And I really mean a lot.

 

Right now we’re just buying some clothes to wear for Christmas since we’re already done buying gifts and decorations which leaves me to what I am right now carrying five paper bags on each hand. Sigh. Such a tough work for this little body of mine, Poor me.

“Taengoo! How do I look with this?” Jessica asked gaining my attention. She was placing a red knee length red dress with white frills on it in front of her. I smiled at her, “You look really good with it, Sica.” I said sincerely. I can clearly see a tint of pink shade on her cheeks. Aww, she’s blushing at my simple compliment! How cute.

 

“T-Thanks I should but this then.” She said then excused herself to buy the dress.

 

“I’ll wait for you outside, Okay?” I half shouted at her when she’s already walking away from me, I heard her say an ‘Okay’ and I made my way out of the shop.

 

I tapped my foot on the ground while patiently waiting for her. Wow, she’s really taking long in there.

 

A few more minutes passed and she still hasn’t come out yet. Maybe the line is long that’s why she’s taking too long.

 

Hmm… this happening seems so familiar like it already happened in the past. Me, waiting someone to arrive who’s really late… this really seems so familia-

 

“Taetae?” I heard a very sweet and familiar voice. I looked towards where the voice is coming and there I see her hastily making her way towards me.

 

No way. Just when everything is perfect.

 

 

 


 

So, here's my update guys.

Right now I really feel like finishing this story first before updating my other stories. Sorry for that.

I guess, two chapters more and this short story is finished. ;)

Leave a comment for me ~ <3