J'ai juste besoin...

I Would...143

Amber watched the snowflakes fall outside the windows of the studio as she snuggled herself into blankets on the couch.

She still felt lonely, but now it was sinking into her like the cold draft-uncomfortable, but familiar.

"Hey Amber, you doing okay?" Gen sat next to her.

"Yeah. Sorry I just have no inspiration for today."

"No worries. This isn't the only place for you to work, it's a haven. Feel free to gather your thoughts here."

"Thanks man."

Gen nodded. "I'll be in the studio with Henry and the others. Let me know if you need anything."

She watched him leave and close the door behind him, then looked back out at the sky.

"If I only had a time machine..."

She stood up and went through the CD racks. These CDs were special-they contained demos from all the songs that Noize Bank produced. She took one out and put it on the CD player.

"Tell me why tell me why I can't help but I need to sink it in, Baby."

Amber clutched a pillow as Henry's voice came crooning through the speakers. She closed her eyes and let the memories from 2011 fill her up.

"Freaking bout thinking bout the times that we were endless lovers yeah, you're killing me.

Every day I feel like giving up, why'd you wanna let me go,

Baby I told you no but you let go, now I'm picking the pieces now that you're gone.

Laying awake at night cause my bed is getting cold,

Nothing at all in my arms for me to hold,

Still I'm hoping that you'd be here but you won't come back, you won't come back

Now I only see you girl when I'm asleep,

Now the closest thing to you is when I dream,

So let me wake, Andante~"

The melody that used to soothe her was now useless. It failed to block out the words that now plagued her mind. Even this song with such grace was laced with his grief of his first love. She got up and pressed next.

"I just wanna love you, Give me that chance I wanna hold you, Baby you know that I need you, I need you"

Amber smiled at the song she had composed this summer. It was amazing to hear it now sung by Luna, Krystal, and D.O. besides herself, but sometimes she missed the English words that she had christened with the tune.

"You're still here?"

She looked up to see Henry close the door the recording room. "Yeah. Just reliving the memories."

He crouched next to her in the CD player. "Ah, all the demos we made for SM." He looked at her. "Have you ever listened to Noize Bank's original content?"

"No."

"Aw man you're missing out. Neil made this awesome song and we all produced it. It kinda got pushed aside though since it was around the time my debut album was released and you were guys were preparing for your comeback. Here..." he ruffled through the racks and pulled out a CD.

Amber took it and put in the drive. Soon, guitar strumming filled the air.

"Tell me how our love like this could be so timeless, all the times I have felt that love could be so hopeless, then you came into my life, and turned it around, around, around," Neil's voice crooned.

"His voice is great," Amber commented.

"Yeah, I already asked the manager if we could do a duo. He wrote the lyrics too."

They fell silent as the song continued to play. "You're my Diamond Girl," it finally rang, before breaking off into silence.

"What are you thinking of?" Henry asked, finally breaking the quiet.

"I'm thinking..." Should I be honest? Um... "that was beautiful," Amber finally said.

"Nah that's not what you were thinking."

Amber sighed. "Okay, I was thinking a song like that would suit you."

"Are you trying to be a mom here and delving into my love life, Amber?" Henry teased.

"Hey whoah escalating quickly here aren't we? I'm just saying!" Amber put up her hands in the air. "It kinda reminds me of My Everything. But it also just has this American feel that I can't put my finger on."

Henry nodded. "Yeah, I think we produced that after we were in NYC for a while and jammed with some people. So, hey, I know you've been down this whole week. Are you feeling better now?"

Amber shrugged. "I think I still have some things that bother me, but most of them I can handle."

"Well hey, if I can help with anything, let me know, okay?"

"Okay."

Should I ask him? That one thing that has been bothering me this whole time?

[A/N] Andante lyrics credit to stringswithhenry, I wrote down the lyrics to "I Just Wanna" by listening to the clip, and same with "Diamond Girl." Just search for "Goodbye summer fx english version" and "Noizebank Diamond Girl", highly recommend you do, Amber's voice is beautiful as always and "Diamond Girl" is an awesome song. It has entertaining clips from Betty Boop too.

Well as usual youtube clips totally changed my plan and delayed what I wanted to write by a chapter. Be thankful for the snow day I have today :P