Chapter 22

A New Beginning at 26

You made a sleepy groan as you felt your husband extricate himself from the sheets without waking you up.  Your mind was floating from dreamland towards consciousness as you rolled in his direction and burrowed into his side, draping one arm over his stomach stopping him from leaving the bed.  Your eyes drifted open and a gentle smile crossed his face as you kissed his jaw softly.

 

You have both worn your pajamas in bed, which was quite a rarity since you started doing it – or each other – or however you want to put it.  The corners of your mouth slowly turned up as you realized that you had fallen asleep while waiting for him to get out of the shower last night and rather than wake you up and demand his due from having you incessantly in the hospital, he had let you rest.  It was an unexpected tenderness that made you feel his affection even more.  To him, you were more than just a partner or a play toy, to him you’re his wife and friend.

 

After a few minutes, Taecyeon kissed the top of your head while your eyes closed once again.  “I have to get up now sleepyhead.”  His voice was rough with slumber as he your arm over him.

 

You shook your head and opened one eye to look at the clock on the wall and then closed it again without really seeing the time.  “Don’t want to.”  You whined and held on to him tighter.

 

“Well my dear sweet Snuggles.”  He said with a chuckle as he tipped your face up so he could see your face.  “You don’t have to get up just yet, but unfortunately I have to.”

 

You forced your eyes open to stare at him.  “You’re leaving me in bed?”

 

He took a deep breath letting your scent fill him.  “You don’t know how much that pains me.”  He said with a pout.

 

“Why do you need to get up this early anyway?”  Your eyes narrowed at him.  Your cheeks pudding as you blew out your frustration.

 

“Actually it’s not that early anymore sweetheart.”  He took your hand from where it lies and kissed the back of it gently and pointed to the clock on the wall.  “It’s quite late already.  Aren’t you supposed to be in the office too?”

 

You thought for a moment, your mouth twisting to the side.  “Not really.  I have capable people under me who could do the work quite as good as I can.  You should get more people like that.”  You squinted at him at your best impression of irritation.  “Besides, you have that George fellow who calls every so often.  You should delegate more work to him.”

 

“You know I can’t do that.”  Taecyeon grinned at you, a smile that quirked one corner of his mouth.

 

You took a deep breath and let it out.  “Fiiiiiine.”  You mock complained and rolled back over to the side with your back facing him, to let him free to go.

 

He bent over and kissed you with the lightest of touches.  “Are you mad at me?”

 

“Nope.”  You closed your eyes as you curled to the side.

 

“If you really want to know why I am leaving, I have to be in the office for an early meeting.  And I still have a lot of other things I need to get done so I can free up some time in the afternoon to visit Chansung and then make sure I go home early to my beautiful wife.”

 

“You’re visiting Chansung?”  You rolled back to face him.

 

“Uhm.”  He nodded as he stood up and walked over to your side of the bed and you followed him with your eyes.

 

“Why?”  You sat up and raised your head to look at him with curious eyes.

 

“You said you wanted us to get along.”  Taecyeon rested his hands on your waist.  “And I want to give you everything you want.”

 

Taecyeon caught you as you jumped at him, throwing your arms around his neck to hold on tightly as you wrap your legs around his waist and started peppering his face with kisses.  Taecyeon tried to kiss you back but your mouth was moving too fast that all he could do was smile widely as you buried your face against his throat.

 

“Are you that happy?”  He asked as he sat at the edge of the bed knowing that you’re unlikely to let go of him any time in the near future.  He slipped his hands around your waist making you sit on his lap.

 

“Very.”  Your word was muffled from being spoken into his skin.  “You two are my best friends and having you fight each other pains me.”

 

“But – “  Taecyeon said as pulled back to look at you, grabbing your face with his hands.  “That doesn’t mean I fully trust him enough for you to be alone with him.  I mean I trust you, but he’s still a man who harbors feelings for you and you’ll never know what might just happen.  So, I think all I’m saying is – be careful.  Alright?”

 

“Alright.”  You smiled and nodded letting your hair fall in your face.

 

Taecyeon then smoothed your hair back from your face, it as he spoke.  “Do you have any idea how much I love you?”

 

You planted a kiss on his mouth and before you stopped, he caught your face in his hands once again and kissed you back.  He held you still, brushing his lips against yours and kissing you tenderly over and over until you finally pulled back to face him, your hand resting on his chest.  “You have to go get ready.  I’ll make you breakfast.”

 

“Now you want me to leave?”  He arched his eyebrow at you and tightened his arms around your waist.

 

“Uhm.”  You nodded playfully.  “I’ll just make sure to have something special ready for you when you get home tonight.”  You said just before his mobile buzzed alarmingly.  “George?”

 

Taecyeon reached for his phone and tapped at the screen.  “Uhm.”  He nods.

 

“I really have to meet this George one of these days.”  You said as you stood from his lap.