Chapter 6

Change of Program

Myungsoo was spinning around in his desk chair when he heard a knock.  Slowing his orbit, he saw Kibum leaning against his room door.  He debated for a moment whether he should leave it open or not in the future.

“Your friend came by earlier.”

“Who?”

Kibum walked in and sat on Myungsoo’s bed, looking back at him with an unamused look on his face.

“Who else?  Your loud choding friend.”

Myungsoo started spinning around in his desk chair again.  He may or may not have been avoiding Sungyeol as of late, but not because he was mad at him or anything.  Well.  Not that much, at least. 

Kibum leaned back on his hands and started tapping his foot on the floor.  Myungsoo was just about to ask why Sungyeol had dropped by when Kibum decided to surprise attack him.

“He likes Sungjong.”

Myungsoo stopped spinning and turned his chair towards his desk, facing away from Kibum so he couldn’t try to analyze his face at that moment.  This wasn’t exactly news to Myungsoo though.  Not really. 

The reason why Myungsoo had been avoiding Sungyeol lately was because Sungyeol went ahead and took pictures for his photography project without telling him.  It wasn’t until later when Myungsoo happened to pass by Sungyeol excitedly showing Sungjong some photographs that Myungsoo realized who the model of Sungyeol’s project had been.

Kibum let out a sigh behind him and got up from Myungsoo’s bed.  Myungsoo waited a moment before looking over his shoulder.  Seeing that Kibum had left, Myungsoo got up from his chair and faceplanted onto his bed.  He supposed he couldn’t avoid either one of the two forever, not with one being the brother of his hyung’s boyfriend and the other sitting next to him in class every other day.

~~~~~

Myungsoo still hadn’t taken any pictures for his photography project yet, and the deadline was starting to creep up on him.  He patched things up with Sungyeol quickly, because really, it was kind of hard not to when the other boy kneeled before him and apologized for leaving him out of the loop.

“Hey!  The professor said that he doesn’t mind the same model being used for multiple projects, just as long as the pictures aren’t similar,” Sungyeol announced as he started walking backwards in front of Myungsoo.

“And?”

“And~” Sungyeol turned and walked back in step next to Myungsoo, putting an arm around him.  “I’m sure Sungjong wouldn’t mind modeling for your project!”

Myungsoo weighed out the pros and cons in his mind about this situation.  On one hand, he really needed someone to take pictures of for his photography project.  On the other hand, he was pretty sure dancing twin #2 was terrified of him.  His train of thought was interrupted when Sungyeol started flailing his arms and shouting.

“Oh!  Sungjong-ah!  Over here!”

Sungjong walked towards them, promptly bowing and greeting both boys with a chirpy ‘hello’.  Sungyeol smiled back a ‘hey’ while Myungsoo just nodded in response.

“Sungjong-ah, remember when I asked to take pictures of you?”

“Huh?  Ah.  Yes.  Why?”

Before Myungsoo could even say anything, Sungyeol wrapped his arm around Myungsoo’s neck and pulled him down face-to-face with Sungjong. 

“Let this guy take pictures of you too!”

~~~~~

Myungsoo wasn’t sure whether to thank Sungyeol or blatantly ignore him again for the next week as he sat across Sungjong in the living room, the latter currently looking everywhere except in Myungsoo’s general direction.

“Can you look more…”  Comfortable?  Less terrified?

“But I am looking…?”

Myungsoo sighed and patted the space next to him on the couch, signaling to Sungjong to come over and take a seat.

“Let’s watch a movie.”

“I thought you were going to take pictures?” Sungjong sat a bit further away from Myungsoo than he would have liked, but Myungsoo didn’t comment on it.

 “I’m going to take candid portraits of you while you watch,” Myungsoo said before he realized how utterly creepy that sounded.

Sungjong seemed to let it slide though, and picked out a horror-romantic-comedy from the dvd shelf.  Myungsoo was silently thankful that it wasn’t a full blown gorefest like the last one they watched.

It was about 15 minutes into the movie that Myungsoo felt that Sungjong had settled comfortably into watching, so Myungsoo began to snap pictures of Sungjong’s side profile while still sitting by his side.  Sungjong turned his head after a particularly funny scene, and Myungsoo hoped he was able to capture that smile without it turning out blurry.

“Have you seen this before?” Sungjong asked, small smile still on his face.

Myungsoo looked over to the tv and watched as the lead male character talked on the phone to (he guessed) the lead female character about replacing an expensive shirt or something when a sudden ghastly image of a girl popped up on the screen, causing Myungsoo to jump a little in his seat.

Sungjong started shaking from laughter and fell back on a pillow behind him.  Myungsoo got up from the couch and nearly shoved the camera in Sungjong’s face, laughing as he snapped away while the other boy tried to calm himself down.

Myungsoo then carefully set his camera down on the table in front of the couch and reached both hands out to Sungjong’s face, pinching and squishing his cheeks.  Sungjong placed his hands over Myungsoo’s in an attempt to pry them off when they both heard a sharp cough come from the hallway entry.

Their eyes met with some very surprised hyungs, before taking note that their hyungs were also holding each other’s hands.

“Hyung!  What are you doing?” Myungsoo giggled and pointed, to which Minho and Taemin let go and looked away from each other.

Me?  What are you doing, you kid!” Minho pointed an accusing finger at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo turned back his attention to the situation at hand.  He was currently laying half on top of Sungjong at the moment, one hand still cupping the other boy’s cheek.  Myungsoo noticed that Sungjong’s face was very red…and very close.  Clearing his throat, Myungsoo moved away to the opposite side of the couch, rubbing the back of his neck and looking back to the tv screen.

“We were watching a movie.”