Chapter 2

Change of Program

Even while surrounded by seemingly constant chatter, Myungsoo was still able to zone out into his own world.  It wasn’t that he found things around him to be boring, quite the contrary, he found himself thinking about a lot of things. 

After the initial chaos that was meeting his hyung’s friend, Myungsoo was quite happy that this new school wasn’t turning out to be so bad after all.  Sungyeol was great company to be with, and things weren’t so awkward with Minho-hyung nowadays either.

Myungsoo was walking home early since his last class for the day had been cancelled, when it started to lightly drizzle.  He picked up his pace and hurried inside the house, shaking off the drops of water from his head.

“Myungsoo, is that you?” his mother called from the living room.

“Mm.  My last class was cancelled – “he stopped in his steps when he saw that there was more company in the room than just his mother.

“Myungsoo, you remember your cousin, Kibum, right?”

Not really, no.  “Mm,” was all he replied.

Myungsoo’s mother looked back and forth between the boys, sensing the air of uncertainty and moving to avoid that.

“I’ve talked with your stepfather about this already, but Kibum will be staying in this house as well now.  He’s also transferred to the school that you and Minho are going to, so please show him around as well.”

But I’m new too.  “Okay, I’ll tell hyung.”

Myungsoo’s mother let out a small sigh of relief and gave both boys a warm smile.  She motioned for Myungsoo to sit opposite Kibum, and said she had to go off to work now, leaving the two alone until Minho came home.

“What’s your major?” Myungsoo asked.

“Dance.  I’m a third-year,” Kibum replied.

“Another hyung then,” Myungsoo hummed.

“You know…” Kibum started and Myungsoo looked up at him.  “I don’t think we’ve…actually ever met before…”

Myungsoo blinked.

“Yeah, I didn’t think so either.”

The two of them sat across each other in silence for a moment until the rattling of keys at the front door were heard.  Myungsoo ears perked up when he heard two voices other than Minho’s in the hallway.

“Myungsoo, are you – Oh, uh” Minho stopped when he saw Kibum, causing Taemin and Sungjong to bump into him from behind.

“I’m here, “Myungsoo replied.  “This is my cousin, Kibum.  He’s gonna stay here too now.”

Minho nodded and exchanged greetings with Kibum.  Myungsoo averted his attention to the two guests that came in with his hyung.

“Dancing twins,” he said aloud.

Taemin and Sungjong turned to Myungsoo, as did Minho and Kibum.

“Ah, sorry for intruding into your home!  Minho-hyung offered us shelter here until the rain let up,” Sungjong bowed and Taemin did the same.

Myungsoo looked over at Minho and just noticed that his hyung’s clothes were slightly wet, meaning he probably offered his only umbrella for the twins to share.

“Excuse me, but are you two Dance majors?” Kibum spoke up and broke Myungsoo’s train of thought.

The twins smiled and nodded, and Kibum walked over excitedly to them, introducing himself and quickly getting to know Sungjong and Taemin.

Myungsoo watched with amusement at their conversing when he felt a tap on his shoulder.  He looked up to Minho motioning to go into the kitchen, so he got up and followed after him.

Minho leaned against one of the counters, brows slightly furrowed in thought.  Myungsoo opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water to drink, leaning on the counter next to Minho.  He waited for his hyung to say something, but seeing as that was not likely, he spoke instead.

“Which one?”

“Huh?”  That seemed to snap Minho out of his thoughts.

“Which dancing twin?”

“Uh…  I’m not following?”

Myungsoo sighed and turned to face Minho, who looked genuinely confused at what Myungsoo was asking.

“Which dancing twin do you like?”

Minho scrambled forward and placed a hand over Myungsoo’s mouth, looking in the direction of the living room where the other three boys were still chatting.  Myungsoo visibly rolled his eyes and pulled Minho’s hand off his mouth.

“Is it the smiley one?”

Minho frowned.  “They’re both smiley?”

Myungsoo blinked.  He really only referred to them as “Dancing Twins” in his mind, not sure which name belonged to which face.

“The…one who fell on you, then,” and Myungsoo was probably more delighted by his hyung’s flustered reaction than he should have been.

Minho lightly shoved at Myungsoo and tried to cough his embarrassment away.  He took the water bottle from Myungsoo’s hand and drank from it.

“And what will you do with this newfound discovery?”

Myungsoo mused for a moment and smirked. 

“Blackmail?”

Minho’s eyes got hilariously wide and Myungsoo found himself laughing aloud at the sight.  Minho started laughing as well, happy to see Myungsoo laughing for the first time since he moved into their house.  The laughter brought over the others from the living room, who were curious about the sudden outburst, but neither Myungsoo nor Minho let on what their conversation was about.

It was then they noticed that the rain had let up outside.  Taemin and Sungjong bid them farewell, Kibum exchanging numbers with the two before they left.  Myungsoo caught Minho peering at Kibum’s phone, and started to giggle to himself over his hyung’s silly actions.  He’d be sure to tell Sungyeol about this later, and started laughing to himself more when he imagined his friend’s reactions to this story.