Chapter 3

Change of Program

Minho was starting to question Myungsoo’s judgment in people as it seemed to be the third consecutive time that Myungsoo’s friend Sungyeol has laughed not-so-inconspicuously in Minho’s face.  Then again, Minho was friends with a certain Kim Jonghyun, so he couldn’t really judge.

After wheedling Taemin’s number out from Kibum’s phone (and facing some teasing by said phone owner), Minho was able to keep more in contact with the first-year Dance major.  If you asked him, he would say that he was concerned about Kibum adjusting in a new school, but that would be an apparent lie seeing as Kibum quickly got to know others around him.

His best excuse (and probably the cheesiest one) would be that he was merely looking out for his dongsaeng, which wasn’t a complete lie.  Taemin kept to himself a bit more than Sungjong did in situations with new people, and Minho wanted to be that pillar of familiar comfort for Taemin in those times.

Both Taemin and Sungjong had been coming over to the house frequently to hang out with Kibum, much to Minho’s delight, but also much to his mortification as Kibum and Myungsoo would send knowing stares.  Minho pulled out his phone and discreetly sent a text message.

To:  Myungsoo

From:  Minho

hey you kid, why don’t you come and interact

Minho watched as Myungsoo took out his phone from his pocket in surprise.  He glanced at Minho with a confused expression and swiftly texted a reply back.

To:  Minho

From:  Myungsoo

with who?  taemin?

Minho almost bit his tongue as he tried to stop himself from shouting.  He saw that Myungsoo was trying to stifle a giggle from where he was sitting.

To:  Myungsoo

From:  Minho

no!!  go talk to his brother or something

Myungsoo read the text with an unreadable blank expression.  Minho worried for a moment that he might have been asking too much of his stepbrother.

To:  Minho

From:  Myungsoo

ah you want me to separate them.  hyung you’re cruel…

Minho near about banged his head against the wall when he received another text shortly afterwards.

To:  Minho

From:  Myungsoo

i got it

 Myungsoo unceremoniously tapped on Sungjong’s shoulder and merely said “Follow me” before walking away into the kitchen.  Minho actually facepalmed at how blatantly Myungsoo was carrying out the favor, hoping his little plea didn’t end up digging him a grave later.

“Um…”

Minho looked up from behind his hand and noticed that he and Taemin were the only ones in the living room.  Where had Kibum gone?

“Kibum-hyung went to go spy on them but told me to stay behind because it wouldn’t be as noticeable if it were just him,” Taemin explained.

Minho was about to reply when his phone suddenly received a text message.

To:  Minho

From:  Kibum

hurry up and ask him out or something

Minho couldn’t help the laugh that came out of his mouth, and Taemin seemed more than confused as to what on earth was going on right now.  Minho pursed his lips together and tried to think of what to say.  Yes he had wanted to be alone with Taemin, but he hadn’t gone as far as to think of what to talk about now that the chance had come.

The second interruption came that moment in a shrill “What?!” and Minho and Taemin turned their heads in the direction of the kitchen.