End

A thin line between the Perfect and the Best

Ever since Kyuhyun joined the group, Siwon already had his eyes glued towards the magnae. He didn’t know why but the quiet and mysterious aura that the shy young man exudes back then piques his interest in ways he can’t explain. And then he heard the man sing and he knew by then that his heart was captured.

He wanted so much to act upon his feelings and let the building love inside him be heard, but he stopped as he saw the undeniable romance springing between the man he admired and another person he adored and cared so much, Sungmin. He saw a certain happiness that the two only exudes when they’re together.

Kyuhyun, who used to be so quiet and unsure, started coming out from his shell, those hesitant smiles that he used to spew during awkward times started to become real and genuine ones.

Sungmin, who used to be so resigned to himself once the cameras stop rolling, those smiles he shows onscreen so different from the real ones, started changing, he started to see a glow in the man’s eyes that only sprouted when the magnae came in their lives.

He saw the great things that the two brought to each other. Most importantly, he saw how happy they we’re when they landed in each other’s arms, and Siwon wasn’t stupid to be a hindrance to such genuine and beautiful love.

But as he saw the miserable state of the magnae crying one day, he didn’t had the strength to control himself as he brought the young man’s body in his arms, setting a goal from that day on to never let this man cry again, to wash away all those sadness and pain he knows the magnae shouldn’t be feeling. He feel this sense in his heart to protect the young man from everything and he would be lying if he said he wasn’t elated when the younger let him inside his shield of glass.


He knew it was just another one of those drunken-mistakes, but he can’t help himself but respond as he felt Kyuhyun’s tasty lips into his, he knew how much thirsty he was for this that he didn’t had the courage to deny himself from its begging pleads. He wanted this so much, that no matter how much he doubted that that “I love you too” that the magnae replied to his confession was for his, he let his heart screamed in joy, hoping, hoping so much that it was just his crazy imagination that he heard a faint Sungmin in the end.

He had a strong inkling inside him that the only reason why Kyuhyun kissed him that morning was because of the pain that shoot in his eyes when he saw the magnae waking up with a horrified and regretful look on his face as he saw what happened between him and the older man. He also had a strong feeling that the only reason why Kyuhyun started to act lovingly towards him was because of gratitude. But he ignored all those feelings, hoping, hoping at least that the magnae could also love him. Why? Doesn’t he deserve to be loved as well? Can’t he have his own love-story too? Doesn’t he deserve to be happy?

He’s just human, he has a heart that wants to be acknowledged, that also feels pain. What? Does everyone think that just because he acts happy and content he can’t feel pain? Not just because he’s the “villain” in this story doesn’t mean he’s not hurting as much.

He was happy at the little attention and love the magnae gave him, but he’s not a fool to not feel that it was another man that’s occupying the man’s heart all along. He tried to ignore all of it, but as he saw how Kyuhyun’s slowly crumbling lately, all the more when he heard the conversation that the two had earlier, he knows he have to give up. He chuckled as he thought how much the readers of this love story must be hating on him right now, it hurts him because just like them he loves these two deeply, just as much as he loves each one of this fifteen-member group that had been a family to his.

A smile crept to his pained face as he knows what he needs to do, he wiped his tears as he stood up, ignoring the own weeping of his heart.

*

Sungmin was crying his heart out as he sat by the rooftop, the early morning air that hugs him, makes his heart calm as it coax him to let all the pain out. He was too caught up in his own sorrows that he only noticed the other man’s presence when it sat beside him, caressing his back in such a comforting way that he can’t stop himself from bawling all the more.

“I’m sorry.” Siwon whispered, his heart breaking at the sight of Sungmin like this.

“Why are you saying sorry? You haven’t done anything. If anyone should be saying sorry, it should be me. I’m so sorry Siwon. I should’ve controlled my feelings. I’m so sorry.” Sungmin cried, truly feeling bad, he wanted so much to blame the tall man for stealing Kyuhyun away from him, but he knows that Siwon didn’t really did so because he and Kyuhyun had been long over when Siwon stepped in the picture.

“That’s what I’m sorry for, that I haven’t done anything. I already knew that Kyuhyun still loves you, but I chose to ignore it and.. which brought us to this.” Siwon started, pausing a bit as he chokes from his tears. He looked at Sungmin’s confused eyes and it gave him the will to continue as he smiled at the small man. “You’re such a good soul Sungmin, and I know you never held any grudge against me even if you’ve been hurting all the while me and Kyuhyun we’re together. And I’m entirely grateful for that. But you know what? I never really stole Kyuhyun, because until now he and his heart still and would always belong to only you. He never really loved me Min, it had always been you.” Siwon sobbed as it dawned into him.

“Siwon don’t say that.” Sungmin muttered as he caressed the man’s back.

“Reality bites indeed, and I don’t want to fool myself anymore. Aren’t you tired of fooling yourself?” Siwon asked Sungmin who only replied with silence, but Siwon know too well to know what the young man wanted to say as he bowed his head down and avoided his gaze.

“Atleast now I’m happy because I know that two of the most wonderful people I love would finally have their happiness back.” Siwon stated, smiling as he closed his eyes, lavishing the warmth breeze of air that’s caressing his face as if telling him he made the right choice.

“Siwon, I...” Sungmin replied, not knowing what to say.

“Sssh. It’s okay Sungmin. Just promise me one thing. Just this one thing. Please?” Siwon pleaded at Sungmin who briskly nodded a yes, willing to do anything for the man.

“Please bring back his happiness.”

*

Sungmin wanted so much to grant Siwon’s wish right away and ran to Kyuhyun’s arms, but the moment he arrived from their dorm, he was immediately blocked by their furious manager.

“Lee Sungmin! Where have you been! You guys have filming for a talk-show in 2 hours! Go get shower and get dressed! You too Choi Siwon! You and Donghae have filming for Skip Beat!” Their manager screamed, too stressed out as he thinks of the multitude schedules these boys have.
Sungmin just sighed and complied, sadly pushing the reunion to later.

*

Sungmin could feel his heart breaking apart as he throw constant stares at the magnae who was sitting at the other side of the van. He could see how miserable the man was, and it breaks his heart that he doubted the other’s love for him for a minute. But now that the path had been clear, only waiting for him to cross the line, he doesn’t want to let another boulder come their way.

He just wished that he and Kyuhyun could have a moment alone; Although looks like the stars were against them as the moment they stepped inside the studio, make-up noonas started surrounding them, throwing them things to wear while going crazy to fix their styles and then after that, they we’re thrown off to stage without any more words. But looks like Sungmin thought wrong.

Million thoughts of him and Kyuhyun filled his mind that Sungmin wasn’t really paying attention to the interview, but one question directed to the man that’s gracing his thoughts suddenly pulled his attention.

“Among the members, who do you think is the best boyfriend?” The host asked to the suddenly tensed magnae. Kyuhyun’s heart started pumping out loud as it screams only one name and it even increased a thousand-folds as he saw Sungmin’s face as if waiting tensely for his answer. But a new-found courage seemed to grow inside him as he heard the fans screaming the name that his heart had been screaming all the while. And that smile that grew on Sungmin’s face as the small man looks at him with so much hope, definitely gave him the push so he smiled as he control the loud cheers of his heart as he say the name he knows his mouth would love to mutter.

“Sungmin”

That proud smile Sungmin gave and the loud cheering of the fans as if sharing their happiness was definitely worth it as he grins ear to ear from the elated happiness he feels in his heart. And if he thought he was already in cloud-9, he doesn’t know on what higher level of happiness it was called when he felt Sungmin’s arms, wrapping from his back, as if silently reciprocating his love and he needed to muster all the courage he has to not cry then on from the over-flowing happiness that filled him to the brim.

He wasn’t the only one as Sungmin pleaded his heart to stop from beating crazily but he knows he doesn’t really want to because it felt so freaking good! He never felt this alive as if a big thorn was pulled from his heart, enabling him to breathe love inside him and indeed it feels so wonderful.

It felt like hours of torture as the two wait for the taping to be finished, so they didn’t waste time and ignored the screams from their manager as they ran away from that place the second the director concluded the program.

They stopped as they reached a garden, feeling grateful that no one was there. And even though, they don’t think they could still control themselves as they engulf each other in a tight hug. As they cried identical tears of happiness, they know words weren’t needed as they felt the love that beamed so strong from each other. That wonderful feeling that was only present when the other was and yes indeed they don’t know why they have been so stubborn when it had been so clear all the time. Anyone could be perfect, but who needs perfect when Kyuhyun already have the best one all along.

*

Siwon smiled as he stares at the television screen knowing everything had finally fallen in to its right places but no matter how happy he was he can’t help but feel the pain at his empty heart.
“You shouldn’t frown it doesn’t look good on you.” Donghae muttered as he sits beside Siwon, stealing a sip from the taller man’s can of coke.
Siwon pouted at the action and immediately stole the can from Donghae’s grasp. “Yah! That’s mine!”

“And you should definitely not pout because hell that doesn’t look good on you much more than your expression earlier.” Donghae joked, smiling as the other scoffed at his words.

“Well.. well people think it’s cute you know!”

“Of course your fans would think it’s cute, pssh I think the sight of you vomiting would look good for them as well.”

“Yah! Is this a way to treat your heart-broken best-friend?!” Siwon scoffed at his so-called “best-friend”.

“Oh that! You definitely look good when you’re angry!” Donghae muttered as he pointed enthusiastically at his friend’s face.

“You’re crazy.” Siwon scoffed, immediately laughing at his friend’s childishness.

“Want some lollipop? You always give me one when I’m sick, and it made me feel a lot better you know. I hope it could also help.” Donghae offered shyly as he bowed his head down, his hand that’s been gripping the sweet stretched towards Siwon.

“I’d love that.” Siwon smiled as he un-wrapped the tooth-aching treat and on it. “Thanks.”

Donghae looked up as he stares at Siwon and his heart skip a beat as he saw Siwon’s dashing smile, now this, he thought is definitely the best look from the man.

“Thank you.” Siwon repeated, as he sighed, definitely feeling way much better and he doesn’t think it’s just because of the lollipop.