Just not there yet...

Red is...

Just not there yet...

 

“Stop calling me idiot! Just got to hell!” she throws the phone to the sofa, groaning.

“Just get a room u two like seriously.”

She turns to throw her pillow toward Woori, pouted at her while still sulking as she stares at her phone.

“Shut up.”

“What? Did I say the wrong thing, seeing how intense the argument were, if u were in the same room, pretty sure u guys will be making out now.”

“It’s not like that.”

“Yeah sure, just freaking date u two, I mean spare us from all of this nonsense like please.”

“We are not like that at all. I freaking hate him, how could u expect me to date him.”

“Are u sure about hating him, cause seriously I can practically smell how desperate u are wanting to do him, and even from the look in his eyes I know that he wants u too, so what’s holding u guys up?”

“Nothing is holding us up, and u thought wrong, we are definitely not like that.”

“Uhuh, so what are u doing now Jaekyung?” she stops, glancing at the bra she is holding in her hand, pissed at herself realising that even after the argument, and even after saying those things to Woori, here she is getting ready for him nevertheless.

“Getting ready, why are u asking! Leave me alone!”

Woori raises her hand, Jaekyung can be stubborn when she wanted to and she can be blind for most of the time too, though she never likes for anything to be splashed out in front of her.

Raising her hands, Woori started to walk toward her room, admitting defeat, though before she enters it she stops and turn around to look at her, “Whatever u have between u two, don’t u think it’s time for it to stop or something? U have been in this limbo for almost two years already, it’s time to take it up a few steps ahead or just end it all together.”

 

 

“What’s wrong? U’re not even watching the movie.” He softly caresses her hair, tucking it behind her ear, watching her as she shakes her head slowly, burying her face even deeper into his jacket.

“Hey, I thought u wanted to watch this. Are u tired? Do u want to go out and go somewhere else where u can rest?”

“No,” she shakes her head, “let’s stay like this for now.”

“Are u sure?” she only nodded this time. “Okay then.”

Amidst the loud sound of the movie, the empty cinema felt even lonelier to her, against the warmth of his body she felt even colder as she shivers even though he was holding her tight in his embrace. She glances at his wrist watching the needle of his watch moves as the time ticks so fast in times where she wishes it would go slower.

Woori’s words keep replaying in her head, no matter how much she tries to block it or even pretending not hearing it,

End it or take it to another level.

What level?

As much as this, what they have now as a limbo, it takes two to tango, and as much as she knows that they can’t stay like this forever, she is more afraid of the fact that they might be heading for different direction if they decided to move forward with their relationship.

Is she ready to lose him if anything?

If given a choice, she would rather stay like this forever, than not having him with her at all.

She blinks as she felt the warm tears started to run down her cheeks, carefully wiping it away not wanting him to notice it, though it was temporary, looking up to him somehow her emotion all welled up again, like an open faucet she cries even harder.

Biting into her lips, she tells herself to stop, to not making a scene, but it grow hard as her body started to shake because of her emotion, it wasn’t long before she started to choke on her tears.

“What the hell…”

Startled she looks up at him once more, though her vision is now blurred by her own tears, she barely saw him frowning before she heard the usual cursing from him. In an instant he dragged her hoodie over her head, zipping it high enclosing her face into the fabric. She was about to protest when she was suddenly tugged up by her hand, and without a word she helplessly followed him as he dragged her out from the cinema.

Her vision was limited because of the hoodie, and her crying was making it even harder, but still she watches his back as he trudges his way toward the bench at the side of the building.

 

“What’s wrong, why are u crying? What did I do this time?”

She watches as he kneels down in front of him, watching her with worried look, looking at her helplessly as she continues to cry even more.

Watching him like that didn’t help much as she burst into another series of crying.

“The hell Jaekyung, what did I do? I’m sorry okay. I promise I won’t do it again. Stop crying dammit!”

Why the hell he has to be so damn perfect?

“Is it because I ate the last cookies? I’ll make u new one. Or is it because I yell at u before, u know I wasn’t yelling, I just have loud voice that’s all.”

“Liar…” she chokes as she whispered it. He did yell at her earlier when she was pouting at him because he was early and because he didn’t park his car downhill as usual. But it was nothing that could make her cries, she is a girl but she is not sissy, “u were yelling at me earlier.”

“Then what? Why are u crying like this baby?”

She started to cry again then, “don’t call me that!” she hisses at him.

“Are u angry because I call u baby?”

“Yes!” she glares at him, though the tears still won’t stop pouring down.

“Then I won’t call u that anymore, stop crying dammit!”

“U won’t call me that anymore?” she looks at him in horror, and then she started to cry even more.

“Dammit woman! What do u want me to do?”

He watches in frustration as she wipes her eyes with the sleeve of her jacket before hiccupping a few times, “I don’t want u to do anything!”

“Then stop crying please. What do u want tell me?”

“Nothing! I don’t want anything!”

“Then what?”

She shook her head instead then, her crying has stopped now, but her sobbing was still pretty very much there.

It frustrates him even more, the fact that she is crying nonstop and is refusing to look at him, it is making everything seems even worse to him.

“Do u want me to leave?” he asked her again, trying to search for her eyes, that she is trying to hide from him.

“Do u want me to call one of the girls for u?” fumbling he took out his phone, quickly opening it to search for any phone numbers of the girls, he knows he has them with him, they are his link to her whenever she decided to ignore his phone calls or anything.

“Are u hungry?” they did have a light meal before they went to the cinema though, hell, he doesn't even know why he asked that, honestly speaking…

“Is it that time of the month again?” that was his own thought being said out loud, he wasn’t planning to asked her, but since he knows how moody she can be during her cycle, that thought just suddenly popped up. “That can’t be, it should be next week, u were never late or too early, it’s always…” and that was him answering to himself to his own question, counting in his head her cycle date, conjuring the exact time for last month and the month before…

Exasperated he looks at her, holding her shoulder so that she can look at him, he pleads, “Please tell me something Jaekyung ah, don’t do this to me. Anything, just say something. Please…”

 

She glares at him, for no reason, she do felt that everything that is happening to her now is mainly because of him, though after calming herself down, she loudly quipped to him, “I don’t want to say goodbye.”

That caught him by surprise, blinking as he stares at the puffy eyed her, “What?”

“I don’t want to say Goodbye! Don’t make me repeat myself u jerk!” he didn’t even move when she wildly throw a girly punch to his chest while looking as she is about to break another series of crying fest yet again.

“Then don’t! The night is still young, let’s go somewhere else. Do u want to go to club? Or do u want something to eat?” she glares at him again then, at least he did stop her from crying again though.

“U perfectly know that is not what I meant.”

Oh he knows, of course he would know, he is not dense, though, dreading this moment since the first time they met 6 years ago, this, as in this conversation is something he would honestly speaking, never have in his entire life, ever!

Running his hand through his head, he grunted and groans, “Who planted this silly thoughts in ur head this time?” though when he asked that question, he already have a face that now seemingly looking at him and smiling evilly at him.

“Noone…” she softly whispers, suddenly sensing the sudden change in the event, she tries to wriggle herself free from his grip.

It didn’t much effort actually, as she started to move, he suddenly releases his hold on her, getting to his feet, he curses a few times before he turns to look at her again, “Let me guess, Woori and u had a talk while u were getting ready didn’t u?”

Feeling a lil defensive and guilty now, she has forgot all together her tears, instead stomping infront of him, she leveled up to him, “So what if we did?”

“So what if u did? So what? This what… every time, every damn single ing time, this happen! Seriously Jaekyung…”

“This never happen before!”

She wasn’t lying, this really did never happen before…

“Of course not! This didn’t happen before, if not u wouldn’t be see me freaking out like this, but each time that damn Woori had that talk with u, u started to withdraw from me, every single time!”

“I did not do that!”

Who is she’s lying?

Even her own voice doesn’t seem to truly believe what she is retorting.

“Oh really? Remember 6 years back, when we first know each other, remember that?” he glowers at her, his frustration level is too high now.

Looking up to him, she swallows hard “w- what happen then?”

If he wasn’t in his worst mood, that quickly nails it; he knows she remembers, how can someone forget things like that?

Feeling more annoyed than before, he steps closer to her, now vividly towering above her, glowering at her…