Fairy tale ending?

Red is...

Fairy tale ending?

 

The park in front of their dorm was still busy when she hurried down, tugging the zipper up while she absentmindedly pulls the hoodie over her head, glancing at the time on her phone, she grunted as she realised she is 10 minutes early.

There goes the so called he will have to wait cause I’m Kim Jaekyung gonna take my time.

At least she didn’t rush coming down or was breathless now unlike before, and even if she is, glancing round, she realised that he is still not here yet.

She keeps convincing herself that she doesn’t really wanted to go out with him, this whole set up was not about spending time with him, it is because she has the time tonight and the fact that she waited for so long to watch the movie. As simple as that.

Though she did contemplates a little of what to wear, was even thinking wearing the new dress she bought this evening, though she did manages to stop herself frowning as she remembers the promise that she made to herself when she purchases that dress, it was because she likes it not because she wanted to wear it tonight.

As if she can wear a dress for their date.

She groans then watching as a couple walks past her by, the girl was pretty with her hair done, she must have spent the whole morning doing her hair and make-up, Jaekyung ponders.

She seems very feminine with the blue dress, cut just above her ankle, her feet was adorned with a ballet-like shoes, in pristine white.

The hair was let loose with a ribbon just above the left ear, also in white colour, Jaekyung pouted then as she put her hands into her jacket’s pockets.

The couple seems happy as they walk past her, she holding on her man’s arm, tilting her head a little as he her head affectionately.

 

After they pass, she looks down to herself, the first thing she notices was her tennis shoes, then it was the old comfortable jeans that she has always like wearing, she wore a white shirt inside though her upper half was covered with the grey jacket, including her head as she pulls the hoodie lower when a group of teenagers walk past her by.

This is the best she can do, she realised that. As a woman who loves fashion and dressing up, this is the best that she can do.

She glances at her phone again, wondering if she has enough time to dash back to their dorm, at least she thinks that she should put on some lipstick then.

 

He is late, he grimaces as he looks at his watch, it is almost 11 and he is just got off his car that he parked some distance from her place. As always the same routine, parking the car far away, coming up to the hill to pick her up and then they walk separately to the car before heading off to anywhere they wanted to go.

He remembers back then how she argued that he doesn’t have to pick her up, he can just call her and she will come down to him, that would be much easier and less time consuming.

Though he never did it, the least, he always thought that the least he can do was to accompany her for that long walk down to the main street. Even if they can’t have the normal date like anyone else, at least they would take every single journey on their date together.

He smiles then as he grips on the movie tickets in his pocket, he always look forward for any new movie to come out, each time that happen, he knows that he will have another excuse to go and meet her.

They argue all the time, that’s a given, but even that won’t dampen the excitement he got when he knows he is about to spend some alone time with her.

Checking up the time again, he speeds up as the time shows that it is already 11:01 on his watch.

Turning at the corner, he barely can stop when he crash into an oncoming passer-by from the opposite direction.

Grimacing, he curses under his breath as he realised it was a woman whom he has collided with. Bending down to offer his hand, he stops as her partner, that he just noticed standing next to her, quickly steps in to help her to get up.

He bows down then, offering his sincere apology, he only looks up at them when both of them accepted his apology, asking whether she is hurt or not, he glances briefly at her, checking to see if he has done any damage to her.

She, he notices was dressed up to the max, the blue dress, the cute shoes and even that hair clip on the hair, she must have spent time to get ready for the date, only to be ruined by him.

Fortunately, the damage wasn’t much, aside from some pain, the girl and her dress was safe, he breathes in relief.

Bowing down as he watches the couple walked away, he continues with his too, he started running as he is truly late now, cursing under his breath, he takes bigger steps then.

 

Though he stops as he walk past a flower shop, remembering the flower that the girl hold in her arms just now, the one that she treasures more than anything else, even when she fells, the first thing she protected was not her dress, was not that ribbon or even herself, it was the bouquet of flower, a bright red bunch of red roses.

He never got her anything, not flower much less chocolate.

And though she always prepared cookies for him, although as always the excuse was she has extra and doesn’t want to get wasted, she never expected anything from him in return.

She was already happy when he got her that candies; it was nothing much but even that was good enough for her.

Glancing at the watch, he knows he is late already, but, unable to walk away he walks into the shop then, if he is going to be late, its better if he has something for her.

Smiling as he reach out to touch the beautiful petunia and the lilies, her favourite, he frowns then, somehow he got a feeling that she won’t like much if he gets her a bouquet of flower, there’s no way she would like things that is attracting attention now, even he knows what she is wearing now, her usual attire, that y black jeans that he always like, fitting to her legs like a fir glove, she would be wearing some shirt too, most probably his, that she won’t admitted, grinning as he remembers that white shirt of his that has become her property ever since that day, she would also must be hiding her face in that big grey sweater too.

A bouquet a flower, he realised is definitely a no.

He scratches his head, then.

 

He is late, she looks at her phone again, it’s already 25 minutes past 11 and he is still nowhere in sight.

Biting into her lips, she is starting to get worry; she tried calling his phone a few times, but no answer, she groans then, she doesn’t like this feeling at all, not knowing where he is, not having him in front of her. She takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself down, her mind keep saying that he is just running late, nothing happened to him and instead of worrying, she should be angry at him, though she quickly argued that he never late and he never, never didn’t answer her phone, if anything he would definitely message her or calls her back.

Groaning, she turn around and started to walk down the road toward the main, the path that he would be taken if he is on his way to her.

They argued before about this whole path, she remembers then, she was confident that she could take this path down with no problem while he was adamant that she shouldn’t do that alone late in the night.

His overbearing argument finally got to her and in seconds they were shouting at one another, she even called him a ist jerk who thinks that woman are all fragile and can’t take care of themselves, while he quickly counters that she is an ignorant fool who is too arrogant for her own sake.

The argument didn’t end with any side winning, as far as she remembers though, though two days after that a decisive event happen that led up to their current condition.

A failed attempt of snatch thief happen, and although the it was foiled and the thief was caught, the victim was a young girl walking down to get a bus at the main road, and although nothing was stolen, she was bruised quite badly because of the incident.

After that it was almost agreed by all that she would always wait for him at the park in front of the house.

She quickens her steps then, what if something happen to him while he was walking up to get her? What if he is lying down somewhere, maybe he got beaten or worse, what if the other side have knives?

Why the hell he would have all that tattoos, she worried for him sometime, actually she worried for him all the time, those tattoos will do nothing but bring trouble to him

Her steps started to get blurry then, her fears has gotten to her, still walking she quickly wiping her tears then, praying that nothing would happen to him.

 

She will kill him, he grimaces, he is already too late now, walking still in fast pace he quickens the steps, holding on to some stuffs that he has gotten.

He was contemplating on going down to get his phone that he has conveniently left in the car, but decided against it as he was already running late.

He knows she would call him, and he knows she would be fuming mad now too.

No, he realized, dreading it, holding the stuffs onto his chest, grabbing it hard, he started running again, she won’t be mad at him now, instead he knows, she would be worried sick for him.

Fearing that she would start walking down to get to him, he doubles his speed.

 

The met almost at the middle at each path, he saw her first, walking down hurriedly looking around worriedly, no not for her safety, she was looking for him.

He stood there watching her then, unable to call out to her, he watches as she restlessly lurking into the ditch and dark corner in case he would be there.

It was when she comes into the street light, that he notices her eyes were swollen and her lips were red not from a lipstick, but mostly because of her non-stop biting into it.

He smiles as he walks up to her, waiting for her to notice him, afraid that he would spook her off.

She prays and prays each time she lurks into the empty drainage or even behind the dark bushes that she won’t find him there, but she couldn’t stop lurking in just in case she would miss him.

Her tears have stop, though thinking about where he is always makes her quiver in fear still.

She stops under the street light then, getting tired and overwhelmed with worries, she notices his shoes first, her shoes, the one that she made for him, looking up, she saw him standing just in front of her, very much intact.

It was then she started to cry again, half relieved that he is safe and another one is more about her own emotion taking over her.

He quickly walks up to her dropping everything that he has in his hand, to pull her into his embrace, cooing her to stop crying.

 

They forego the movie, there’s nothing they can do about it, she was sweating bullets and after her crying fest, she claims that she is in no condition to go anywhere bright then, he readily agrees as he himself suddenly don’t feel like going to a place where they can’t be alone.

He watches as her head bobbing up and down, blowing soft air to his elbow, he didn’t realise it at first but it seems that he also scratched himself when he got into that accident earlier, most probably scrapped the brick wall when he try to stop himself from falling.

It wasn’t that painful, he barely notices it, but he kept his mouth shut when he saw the looks on her eyes, she was getting angry and also worried but at the same time happy and glad, at this time or moment, it is best if he didn’t mess up her emotions more.

So here they are sitting on the bench at the park, retracing back to her place, they choose the most secluded place that is slightly darker than others but at least will be hard to be seen from outsiders.

After making sure that he would stay there, she rushes up to get the first aid kit from her dorm, not stopping even when he told her that he is okay. How can he be okay, she groans, his elbow looks ugly and dirty and there are scrapped skin there, even she cringes when she saw it.

The others were shocked seeing her messed self walking into the house, but they didn’t say a word as she rushes to get some basic stuff and run back to him.

She frowns even more when she saw him flinching as he touches the raw spot on his elbow, pouting and without saying a word, she kneels in front of him and started to wash the wound with some antiseptic.

They didn’t say anything after that, as she continues administering the treatment for his wound, and he keeps staring at her doing it.

And time passes by just like that.