` 4: Wooram: Midnight Poetry

BLUE --+ | Jellyfish Entertainment Girl Group ( story )

Four: Wooram - Midnight Poetry
 


Saturday, April 6th 2013 -- The Yoo Family Apartment
Seoul, South Korea

 


And as Shakespeare had the world imbued,
To thine self be true.

Yoo Wooram smiled as she penned the last lines of yet another poem. She probably had thousands, all neatly tucked away in several dozen notesbooks. She seldom went back and read them, though. She tucked her brand new Rilakkuma ink pen (one of a set that was part of her birthday present from her good friend, Kyungah) behind her ear and closed her notebook with a sigh.

It was her 20th birthday and she was exhausted... and alone. Her mother and brother, the family members she was closest to were still back in the states, her father was a workaholic and had already gone to sleep, and she didn't fit in well with too many of her fellow trainees. They were too girly, too concerned with what others thought. Wooram was far more strong-willed and independent; probably the product of being raised in a Western country instead of an Eastern one. They liked her, sure, but they never really invited her anywhere beyond practice. In her three years she had only managed to become good friends with Kyungah and VIXX's maknae Sanghyuk.

The two had treated her to lunch and had given her small gifts. And it was very nice and she truly did appreciate it. But now, they were out celebrating Jaehwan's birthday - go figure, she shared a birthday with a member of VIXX, along with a dozen other idols and Jellyfish trainees and employees. While Kyungah and Sanghyuk had invited her, she chose to sit it out and catch some sleep.

Sleep was a rare thing to come by as a trainee anyway. She might as well cash in on it while she had the chance.

She stood up from her desk and stretched her arms over her head, working out her muscles. Her hot pink tye-dye shirt rode up a little, revealing her toned stomach - something she'd acquired since she started dancing three years ago. She groaned and her put her arms down when she heard her phone ringing. Kyungah had already called her once to try and and convince her to change her mind and come out, but Wooram was not in the mood to budge on the idea of sleep.

She picked up her phone from her desk and a huge smile overtook her face when she realized it wasn't Kyungah, but someone she hadn't seen in a while.

"Brian oppa!" She said, happily answer the phone.

"Hey!" Brian replied, sounding equally cheery. "Happy birthday Mimi!"

"I didn't think you remembered my birthday," Wooram teased. "You haven't called in forever."

"Sorry about that," said the older man and former idol. Brian had formerly been at Jellyfish Entertainment until his contract expired. "I went home for a little bit and when I got back I hit the recording studio hard. I've been working on some pretty awesome songs for my next mini-album."

"It's okay," said Wooram.

"So I was wondering if you had any plans tonight?" Brian asked.

"I think I'm just staying in," Wooram replied, tossing her hair over her shoulder with her free hand. "Thought I'd finally cash in on the sleep I haven't been getting."

"Aw, are you in pajamas already?" Brian sounded disappointed. Wooram could practically feel the childish pout in his voice. "I'm actually already outside your apartment building. I wanted to take you to your favorite samgyupsal restaurant."

Wooram's perked up a bit. How could she say no to the opportunity to eat her favorite food with one of her favorite people in the world?

"Fine," Wooram gave in, almost instantly. "Just give me like five minutes and I'll be right down."
 

 


Author's Note

 

Congratulations to Kaye aka wowlikethis and and Blue's main rapper and dancer, Yoo Wooram! I'm loving her friendship with Kyungah and her relationship with Brian already! :D