` 10: Dudes and Dorms

BLUE --+ | Jellyfish Entertainment Girl Group ( story )

Dudes and Dorms


Yoo Dongjo stood in the doorway of his daughter's room, nursing a cup of coffee in his hand as he observed her packing up everything she felt was most important, a small smile on his face. He was proud of his daughter for finally get the opportunity to live her dream as an idol. When she came home a few days before, she had been more excited than he had ever seen her in her life. And she absolutely had every right to be.

"Alright, I think I have everything," said Wooram. She sighed, looking around her once more, just make sure she was, indeed, ready to go.

"You know, this is the second time I've had to sit here and watch you move out of this apartment," Dongjo mused before taking a good swig of his lukewarm coffee.

Wooram gave him an awkward smile. "At least this time I'll just be on the other side of the city and not on the other side of the world, right?"

"I suppose so, kiddo."

The young girl rushed up to her father and pulled him into a tight hug, which the man happily returned. Wooram was going to miss seeing her father on a daily basis. She already knew life as an idol wouldn't afford her much personal time and while it was what she wanted more than anything, she knew she was going to grow to resent being constantly busy and constantly shuffled from schedule to schedule for the next few years.

"Love you, Daddy," Wooram whispered.

"Love you too," Dongjo replied, warmly. "But hurry along now. We can't be late for move in day. I'm sure all of the other girls are excited to fight over bedrooms and bathrooms with you."

Wooram rolled her eyes. "Dad, you're so lame... but actually, would you mind if we stopped by Brian oppa's apartment? He has my skateboard, I think."

Dongjo frowned. "What is your skateboard doing at his apartment?" His overprotective father mode had been effectively activated with that little comment.

"He... borrowed it," Wooram lied. She knew her father wouldn't be too excited to know that she was close with (and crushing hardcore on) a man twelve years her senior. "He used it as a gag for some show he was on."

Not entirely believing his daughter, Dongjo agreed to make the pit stop. They loaded up his car with her two suitcases, and a few pillows and blankets and headed out. They made light conversation, Wooram telling her dad about the girls he was going to probably meet and their new, far more intense rehearsal schedule as they prepared for their upcoming debut.

They finally stopped at Brian Joo's apartment, Dongjo simply pulling up to the curb and telling her to hurry.

Wooram nodded and rushed into the building and into the elevator, nodding her head along to the upbeat, but relaxing elevator music that accompanied her on her ride to the twelfth floor or the building to Brian's rather luxurious apartment. She vaguely wondered if their dorm would be nice; but judging by the fact that they hadn't debuted yet and that their labelmates VIXX just got bunk beds installed in their dorm a full year after their debut, it wasn't likely.

And she shuddered at the thought as she rang the doorbell to Brian's apartment. She hadn't lived at the trainee dorm, so she wasn't used to life without a full-fledged mattress.

"Hey, Mimi?" Brian asked, opening the door and giving Wooram a confused look. He hadn't been expecting her, which was evident by the fact that his hair was a mess and he was still in his pajamas. It was his day off.

"Hi!" Wooram chirped, immediately walking around him and letting herself in. "Don't mind me. Just came to get my skateboard."

"Not a problem," Brian shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm ... moving into the dorm today," Wooram added, casually, as she scoured the room for her missing skateboard. She wasn't a good skater, but she did like to use it to coast down the street from the Jellyfish building to the best little coffee shop nearby.

Brian raised an eyebrow. "You're moving into a dorm? ... But wait, that means... you're debuting!?"

Wooram was a bit shocked when Brian screamed (read: squealed like a little girl) and rushed up to pull her into a bone-crushing hug.

"Congratulations!" He cried. "Why didn't you tell me sooner! Oh my God, I knew you were going to be in the group! This is so cool! I'm so proud of you!"

"Oppa!" Wooram shouted, but she couldn't contain her laughter. Brian was always so easily exciteable. She had kind of expected him to react like this.

What she didn't expect was for Brian to just suddenly stop hollering and hugging her, step back and hold her at arm's length and gaze at her with a look she hadn't really seen from anyone before - a look of absolute longing mixed with uncertainty and a defiant sort of bravery - before pulling her back closer to him and kissing her softly on her lips.

 

 

"You're not peaking, right, Gongju?" Hakyeon said. "Don't spoil your surprise!"

"I'm not!" Taeksoo protested.

She couldn't peak even if she wanted to. Hakyeon had covered her eyes with his own large hands as he steered her blindly through her new dorm. She wanted to just kick him in the leg and run away so she could get a good look at her new home, but he was so excited about something he had planned for her, so she figured her curiosity could wait.

"Ready?"

"I think so?" said Taeksoo. "There aren't any spiders, are there?"

"I would never do something so mean to you!" Hakyeon laughed. "I like you too much and know you too well."

He grinned when he felt Taeksoo's cheeks heat up beneath his hands; she was definitely blushing. He felt accomplished already and he hadn't even shown her the surprise yet.

"Alright, get ready to open yours eyes!" said Hakyeon, excitedly.

Taeksoo nodded, nervously before he counted 1 ... 2 ... 3! and uncovered her eyes.

"Awww, Hakyeon!" Taeksoo squealed. "You know me so well!"

"Happy belated 100 Day anniversary and congratulations on your upcoming debut!"

Hakyeon had convinced the CEO to give him the code to Blue's new dorm which was five floors down from VIXX's very own apartment so he could decoarte Taeksoo's bunk bed before her arrival. He prided himself on actually doing a good job by her standards; her comforter was pitch black and her pillow cases with black and patterned with silver skulls making various facial expressions. He had hung up the swords she used for her infamous sword dancing and posters of Game of Thrones and VIXX (in which he was positioned front and center, of course).

Taeksoo kissed him on the cheek before jumping into her new bed, careful not to hit her head on the bunk above hers.

"I'm jealous you guys already have beds and you haven't even debuted," Hakyeon mumbled before joining her. He sat down, bouncing on the mattress while he recalled all the nights he and the rest of his group members spent hunting for the most comfortable pieces of hardwood floor at his dorm after long rehearsals or promotion schedules. But he knew Hwang Saejun would treat his nine princesses as hard as he treated the boy band.

Taeksoo smirked. "I can't help it appa likes us better."

"Hah!" Hakyeon snorted, he gently shoved Taeksoo. "I'll let you believe what you want, my little Gongju."

"Because when I'm happy, you're happy," Taeksoo said cutely.

"Naturally," Hakyeon replied. He reached out and arm to wrap around Taeksoo's small shoulders and pulled her close. He gently kissed her forehead, crinkling his nose a bit as it brushed against her short blonde hair. Taeksoo eagerly hugged him back. "I'm so excited for you to become an idol. It'll keep you busy while I'm busy so you won't miss me so much."

"It'll be hard to miss you when you're right upstairs anyway," Taeksoo pointed out.

The pair's conversation lapsed into silence as they simply sat there in the calm before the storm, enjoying each other's company for the first time in a while since Hakyeon was busy preparing for VIXX's next comeback. In fact, they were making their first comeback performance the very next day... Taeksoo sighed and closed her eyes, relishing the warmth of her boyfriend's embrace while she could.

Before her eight new roommates had the chance to interrupt.

Which they most certainly did.

"Jung Taeksoo, I'm calling Taekwoo-oppa right now and telling him you already have a boy in your bed!" Kyungah screeched as she entered the room. She was staking out the bedrooms, trying to pick the best one for herself. "What kind of example are you trying to set for the maknae, huh?"

Taeksoo rolled her eyes behind her closed eyelids and fought the urge to shout back at her slightly annoying, overly energetic unnie.

"Stop being so dramatic, Kyungah," Hakyeon groaned. "Are you the only one here?"

"Nope," Kyungah answered. "A bunch of us just showed up from the trainee dorms. Me, Jiwon, Hyunjin, Florence, Sungrin..."

"Aish," Hakyeon shook his head. "I better head out then. You girls are going to have a lot of bonding and fighting over rooms to do. I'll just leave you to it."

He stood up, straightening himself out before leaning over and kissing Taeksoo ("Good grief, you guys!" Kyungah pretended to gag at the adorable scene), and leaving the room.

"We were just getting ready to try to start figuring out rooms," Kyungah told Taeksoo when Hakyeon had left the room. "But, obviously, you've sort of already got your spot figured out. Lucky duck. Hakyeon is so good to you."

"He is," Taeksoo quietly agreed.

"Alright then, come on, we're all in the living room. You can join us while we figure this all out!" Kyungah quickly grabbed Taeksoo by the wrist and made her follow her.

In the spacious living room, Jiwon sat in the middle of the floor beside Florence who was drawing on a piece of paper. Hyunjin sat beside the maknae, watching with great interest as she drew dozens of lines on the paper, curious about what she was doing.

"Hey guys," Sungrin greeted sweetly. She was sitting on top of her large suitcase while she waited for Jiwon and Florence to finish up their little project.

"We decided the fairest way to split up the rooms would be by playing the ladder game," said Jiwon.

"Done," said Florance, pushing the paper over to the leader.

"It's just a little game of chance so no one can really get mad about it, right?" Jiwon continued.

The girls around her nodded and with that, she picked up her pen and began following the little ladder rungs Florence had drawn from one girls name all the way down to a room assignment. Hyunjin had never seen the game before and watched, unblinking, as Jiwon traced all of the lines and Florence took note of the final room assignments. In the time it took for them to complete the room assignment, Soohyo had shown up, struggling with her large suitcase and a giant Squirtle plushie.

In the end, the rooms were split as such - Jiwon and Hyunjin would room with Taeksoo; Kyungah, Wooram, and Chaebin would share a room; and Sungrin, Soohyo, and Florence would be roommates. Each room was about the same size and had a set of bunk beds and another twin bed on the opposite wall. Closet space was limited, but the girls would worry about that later once they were all there.

Kyungah frowned when she saw the final assignment and Sungrin noticed.

"What's wrong, Kyungah-unnie?" the slightly younger member asked.

"Wooram and Chaebin are gonna kill each other," Kyungah replied. "And I'm gonna end up stuck in the middle of it all. Do I have to share a room with those two? Wooram definitely can't stand Chaebin."

"No better time like the present to put on their big girl pants and work out their issues before our debut, right?" Jiwon shrugged.

"Whatever you say, Leader," Kyungah smirked. "But it's all on your shoulders when you have to explain to Saejun-nim when two of our group members end up getting the cops called on us for domestic violence."

"Oh, unnie, stop being so dramatic," Florence laughed.

"How many people are going to tell me that in one day?" Kyungah sighed, but brushed it off easy. She grabbed her rolling suitcase and made a beeline for her room so she could claim her bed before the other two got there. She was not sleeping on the top bunk.
 

 


Author's Note

First legitimate chapter! Woohoo! Sorry it was kind of Wooram and Taeksoo dominated, but I had some scene requests and couldn't think of a better way to stick them in the story. Everyone will have many chances to shine. :]