` Prologue [Golden Tickets]

BLUE --+ | Jellyfish Entertainment Girl Group ( story )

Prologue: Golden Tickets

Tuesday, February 5th 2013 -- Jellyfish Entertainment Headquarters
Seoul, South Korea

 


The female trainees of Jellyfish were frantic, to say the least. They rushed through the building, seaking out private practice space so they could work on their singing, dancing, and rapping skills. Language, variety, and acting lessons were abandoned in favor of the dance studios and practice rooms. Some girls even managed to break into unused office spaces so they could have their own private place to practice once the studios were full. They male trainees simply sighed and carried on with their own business as usual. But they understood. They had been in just as much of a frenzy as the girls well over a year ago. They couldn't blame them for their excitement and renewed determination.

Their company, Jellyfish Entertainment, had just announced to the pool of young, talented hopefuls that they were ready to develop and debut a new girl group. VIXX, Jellyfish's resident boy group and very first idol group, had been steadily gaining success with each new music release and the company directors wanted to run with that momentum and prepare a sister group while things were continuing to work in their favor.

So, needless to say, the girls were busy preparing for their chance to become a part of the new group. Rumors spread through the building as they began their unyielding preparations. They wondered how many members the group would have, which girls had the upperhand in getting a spot in that group, the concept, everything. They were so curious. They couldn't help but wonder, hoping beyond hope that they had what it takes or that they could stand out in the crowd and be chosen.

It was nerve-wracking.

Especially when their hard day of work didn't yield any immediate results. Despite most of the girls staying until way passed eleven o'clock at night (when they were unceremoniously kicked out of the building by the staff who reminded them all, since most of them were quite young, that it was still a school night). All that practicing and no one heard a word about auditions, potential members, or anything else for that matter. They left, disappointed.

But fourteen of those trainees weren't upset over the lack of news for much longer. Upon returning to their homes and dorms, they were surprised to find blue envelopes addressed to them with the Jellyfish Entertainment logo sealing the evenlopes shut.

Some of the girls tore the envelope open like a child unwrapping a present, bits of blue paper falling to the floor as they tried to get the small piece of cardstock out.

Others panicked. Dancing on the balls of their feet, muttering "oettoke? oettoke?" to themselves while they mentally debated burning the envelope versus gently opening it.

A select few were calm. They simply picked up the envelope and opened it as if it were just any other ordinary piece of mail. But their hearts were still racing.

No matter how they chose to open the ominous envelope, each girl eventually took out the cardstock and read the same message, printing in a medium-sized black font and was overcome with happiness. The message read:

Congratulations.

You are one of the fourteen girls selected to begin the audition process for our upcoming girl group. Please take a few days off from your regular trainee schedule, as you will begin rigorously training for the new group beginning on Saturday, February 9th, 2013. Not all fourteen of you will be in the final line-up. We wish you the best and want you to work very hard to prove your talents and merits.

Sincerely,

Hwang Saejun
President
Jellyfish Entertainment

 

 


Author's Note

 

Hi~! So, I basically just wrote this prologue to hopefully generate more interest for the rest of the story and give you guys a sample of my writing. ^^ So I hope to see a lot of wonderful applicants sooner rather than later because I'm really excited about this story (not even going to lie, I get impatient when I'm anticipating something) and I'll probably do more prologues later just to keep hyping things up.