` 1: Kyungah - The Electric Dancer

BLUE --+ | Jellyfish Entertainment Girl Group ( story )

One: Kyungah - The Electric Dancer

Thursday, February 21st 2013 -- Jellyfish Entertainment Dance Studio
Seoul, South Korea

 


For the first time in a while, Kyungah had the practice room to herself. It was a bit early in the morning. The younger members of the now infamous G14 Trainee Group were all busy with school, the older ones more absorbed in private vocal, variety, and acting lessons. Kyungah had to admit that she was letting her vocal training slip a bit and she never even bothered with acting lessons. But she couldn't help it that dance was her ultimate passion.

Loud hip hop beats blasted through the room as she practiced some choreography that the whole group had to practice. She didn't struggle a bit with it, she had the routine memorized and damn near perfect, in her opinion. She bit her lip, recalling watching one of the G14 members completely butcher the routine - she tripped, was off time, glided left instead of right on more than one ocassion. She vaguely wondered if she should have offered the girl some private lessons, but shrugged the thought away almost instantly. As much as some of the girls liked to avoid the concept, they were all in the middle of a huge competition.

And she had to win. She didn't have time to help anyone else since she was too busy perfecting herself.

When the music came to an end, Kyungah stopped moving and simply stood in the center of the studio. She breathed deeply, in and out, quite pleased with herself. If she kept this up, she would be in the group for sure. Three years of training to be an idol, coupled with the many years she spent dancing, would pay off. Thousands of teenagers around the world would know who she was. She grinned. Being well-known was something she had wanted for a while at this point.

With a sigh, she finally decided to move. There wasn't much else for her to work on at the moment, so she figured a small break couldn't hurt. She sat down on the floor, picking up her water bottle and iphone. She smiled when she saw a short text message in her inbox.

Chaerin Unnie: Free day. Let's do lunch? Minji & Wonki want to come too.

Kyungah tapped the screen, typing out her repsonse.

Kyungah: Yes please! Does the Bean Cafe in Gangnam-gu sound good?

She set her phone down so she could take a few sips of water. Charein always took a lot time to reply to texts. No doubt, the girl was always busy doing something, even on her days off. She pictured her sitting in the studio with Teddy, listening to his new bests and penning raps. She had been working on her lyric writing skills a lot lately.

"Shouldn't you be busy practice or something?" A cheeky male voice called from the doorway. Kyungah looked up and instantly stuck her tongue out at the intruder - it was none other than Hongbin. She was surprised when she suddenly realized he was being trailed by two men with cameras.

She frowned but stood up quickly and smiled.

"Sorry about them," said Hongbin. "It's filming day for MTV Diary... but we aren't really doing much so I snuck away from the group." He turned to the camera. "This, everyone, is one of Jellyfish's many trainees and she's in a group tentatively called G14. The group will be narrowed down to only 6 or 7 members I think? That's the last number I heard. Anyway, she's a good friend of mine and I hope she gets to debut soon! Would you like to introduce yourself to our Starlights who are watching."

Kyungah's cheeks felt hot as she bowed, suddenly a bit shy and embarassed from being caught off guard by the cameramen. "Annyeonghaseyo, Ahn Kyungah imnida. Please anticipate my debut."

Hongbin grinned and poked her lightly in the side, causing her to jump slightly since she was a bit ticklish. "Tell them what you used to do, Kyungah!"

Kyungah shot him an intense glare before smiling back at the camera. "I am a former member of Crazy, YG's female dance team."

"Wow! Daebak!" Hongbin shouted, his face expressing his disblief. "Really though. She's an incredible dancer and I know she will do well. You will do well, right Kyungah?"

"Yes, Hongbin," Kyungah rolled her eyes and playfully shoved the boy. "Now go so I can get back to practicing. "

"You weren't even practicing when I came in here!" Hongbin protested.

"Goodbye, Lee Hongbin," said Kyungah, waving to the cameras as she ushered them out of the studio. She closed the door behind her and leaned against with a sigh. "He is so random. How have I survived being friends with such a pabo for two years?"

She shook her head and smiled. Though she main complain, she didn't know where she would be if it hadn't been for Hongbin. She wasn't close with many of the other trainees at Jellyfish or any of the other VIXX members. While she loved the CEO and company, she had been rather lonely before getting close to Hongbin. All of YG were close but since Jellyfish was rather young, everyone was more concerned with doing their own things. Kyungah had to admit, she was no different. She was definitely more of a loner, but that didn't mean she didn't want friends.

Being the trainee who was apparently the best at dancing didn't help. With the competitive nature of being a trainee, she could see why many considered her a threat to their chances of debuting. She could see the favoritism Saejun already seemed to be showing her in the early stages of the selection process. But that didn't mean anything. If the concept for the group suddenly changed and she didn't fit it, she could easily be booted out of the running no matter how talented she may be.

It was all a gamble, really.

She heared the 'ding' of her phone, signaling she had a new text message and she raced to pick it up. She frowned when she saw that it was only 9:30. She still had a long day ahead of her.

Chaerin Unnie: Meet you there at 12. :) Work hard! Fighting!

Kyungah smiled. Indeed. She would need to work hard to secure her spot in the new group. She put her phone back down and went back to the small stereo system in the corner of the room. The music began blaring again and she took her spot in the center of the room to continue working on the rehearsal choreography.
 

 


Author's Note

 

Intro chapter for my character! Woohoo! Thanks to everyone who's applied so far. ^^ I appreciate it! So far there have been 6 applications turned in, 2 of which were so great that I just went ahead and accepted them as members of the group so Electric, Alice, and Navy are all taken for colors/positions. No one's applied to be the badass main rapper or the loveable maknae yet so I'm hoping someone will be interested in either of those. XD