` 2: Taeksoo - Navy's Chain of Command

BLUE --+ | Jellyfish Entertainment Girl Group ( story )

Two: Taeksoo - Navy's Chain of Command


Saturday, March 2nd 2013 -- VIXX's Dorm
Seoul, South Korea

 


"Hey, do you have a second? We seriously need to talk."

Cha Hakyeon bit his lip as he regarded his fellow groupmate, Jung Taekwoon. Taekwoon sat up in his bed and pulled the bud headphones from his ears and opened his eyes. He frowned a bit when he noticed the worried expression on his group leader's face.

"What did you say?" Taekwoon asked.

Hakyeon rolled his eyes. He refrained from hitting Taekwoon, even though he really wanted to because that wouldn't help his case any.

"I said I need to talk to you," Hakyeon repeated. "It's important."

"How important?"

"Very."

"Oh."

Taekwoon mentally prepared himself for the worst. They had just gotten home from a long day of recording. He thought he had done a great job singing his lines for their next musical release - their very first mini-album. Did he really do a bad job? Did the CEO, producer, and their managers bribe Hakyeon into deliviering the news of his epic vocal failures so they wouldn't have to?

"It's about ... Taeksoo..." Hakyeon bit his lip and shut his eyes tight, creating a little wrinkle in the middle of his forehead, as he waited for Taekwoon's response.

"What about my sister...?" Taekwoon trailed off, not entirely sure where this was headed. But he had a good idea.

"Out of respect for you and in order to maintain a good relationship with you and not ruin relations within our group or our group's relation with our future sister group -" Hakyeon began.

His long-winded introduction was cut short by a rather anxious Taekwoon. "What about my sister?" The usually quiet vocalist snapped.

"Iwanttoaskheroutandjustwantedyourpermissiontodosodon'thitme!" Hakyeon rambled, his words coming out like a jumbled, lightning-fast mess. He threw his hands up in the air in defeat.

Taekwoon blinked a few times, trying to process the word vomit he had just heard, but it wasn't clicking in his exhausted, over-worked mind. "What did you say?"

"Oh my God, man!" Hakyeon shouted, exasperated. He rubbed his forhead, aggravated, before sighing and trying again. "I like Taeksoo. And I wanted your permission to ask her out on a date."

Taekwoon clicked his tongue. "I see." He crossed his arms and looked straight into Hakyeon's eyes, his expression quite stern. His inner Papa Bear and overprotectiveness towards his half-sister (but his blood relative nonetheless, dammit) awaking from his slumber.

"I don't know what happened man," Hakyeon desperately tried to explain himself. "She used to be this little kid but now she's just... not... she's really pretty and she's cool. She's not loud and obnoxious or too high-strung about everything like this others. Did I mention that I think she's really pretty?"

"So you've been ing on my sister?" Taekwoon raised an eyebrow, accusingly.

Hakyeon shook his head. "Not ing... I just so happened to noticed that she's grown to be quite the young woman. I mean that in the most respectful way possible."

"You do know Taeksoo is five years younger than you, right?"

Hakyeon swallowed back his nervousness. He knew Taekwoon wasn't totally pleased with him at the moment. "I promise I will be nothing short of the perfect gentleman with her. Scout's honor."

"You do know that she is preparing to debut soon and that she should be completely focused and concentrating solely on getting through her rehearsals and doing well at her evaluations, right?"

"I'll make sure not to interfere with her practice schedule and we'll have an early date so she can get home at a decent hour and get plenty of rest," said Hakyeon.

Taekwoon continued to glare at him. "You do know you have to be careful taking her out. You're an idol with a decent amount of fans and media attention. It could cause a scandal before she even debuts. A pre-debut scandal would ruin her chances of debuting."

"Oh please," Hakyeon waved his hand dismissively. "We'll go some place more private. We'll arrive separately so no one expects anything. Plus, the CEO treats Taeksoo like his own daughter and she's been training the longest out of all the G14 girls... maybe out of all the girl trainees here. Her debut is basically already guarenteed at this point."

"You do know that I will rip your intrails out through your eye sockets and strangle you to death with your own large intestine, ressurect you, and then repeat my actions until I'm thoroughly satisfied if you screw things up with her?"

Hakyeon's jaw dropped at Taekwoon's rather animated, extremely gruesome threat. When he was no longer in shock from the main vocalist's choice of words he pouted. "If you wanted to say no, you didn't have to be so mean about it." He his heel and stormed out of the room.

Taekwoon rolled his eyes and hopped off his bed, trailing after the offended leader. "Hey, Pabo! I didn't say no!" He shouted. "You have my blessing! I was just teasing you!"


 

 


Author's Note

 

Congrats to Mika aka Sakura19Haruno95 and her character, Jung Taeksoo! Mika had this as a scene request, so while Taeksoo didn't make a physical appearance in the chapter, I thought this would be a cute and effective way to introduce her. We'll actually see her in action a little later. ^^