Reminisced

Eternity

Krystal’s eyes were staring to the front, but no, she wasn’t staring to anything. She just looking far away and let her mind wandered around to all the past. The past when everything was alright. The past when everything was so much easier.

She pulled her legs to her chest and let the tears falling to her cheek freely without hesitation. She thought she had enough of crying, but it looked like her body told her otherwise. She would somehow cry in her sleep, or when she just alone on the way home tears was just dripping to her cheeks.

 

 

 

“Kris, meet my sister.”

He approached a little girl, who nibbling at her lower lip and glanced at him shyly. He crouched down in front of her, and ruffled her brunette hair lovingly. She’s indeed so cute, just like her sister.

“Hello, beautiful. What’s your name?”

She kept silence although Jessica already encouraged her to talk. But no, she was too shy to speak to a stranger, even if he looked so charming like this guy.

“Don’t be shy.” The moment he smiled, she felt butterflies in her stomach. But she was barely 5 years old, of course she didn’t know anything about butterflies and liking someone, she only knew that she liked what she was feeling at that moment.

“I’m Soojung, but you can call me Krystal, and yours?”

“I’m Kris, nice to meet you.”

She batted her eyelashes and smiled cheekily. “Can I call you oppa?”

He grinned widely, ruffling her soft hair again and nodded lightly to her plea. “I’d glad to hear that, Soojungie. I’d like to be your oppa.”

“It settled, then! Kris oppa!”

 

 

They were walking together in the bright afternoon after school. She felt all stares from people were given towards her. At first she tried to ignore it, but when they were started to pointing, she felt insecurities surged all over her body.

She hooked an arm to Kris’ arm and leaned closer. “Oppa, why is everyone looking at us so weirdly? Is there something wrong?”

The 10 years old Kris looked at their surroundings. His lips twitched upwards into a smile, and he ruffled her hair slowly, trying to make the little girl beside him relaxed. “No, it’s just because you look different from them.”

“Is it bad?”

He shook his head, “Of course not, not at all.”

 

 

She leaned his head to his shoulder, sighed out loud while Kris patted her head in regular motions. “Oppa no one wants to be my friend. They said my eyes are scary.”

He stopped his hand movements and just stared at her who nibbling at one button of her blouse. “Who said that? I’m going to teach them a lesson.”

 “Krystal, looked at me.” She ignored him and kept staring at her blouse. A sigh escaped his lips and he touched her chin to raise her head slowly, waited until she finally staring back at him.

“You have the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen. Don’t ever doubt that.”

She stared at him, trying to find a small hesitation in it but no, she found nothing but sincerity.

“Oppa, I love you so so much.”

“How much?”

The 8 years old Krystal giggled at his question and threw her arms to his body, hugging him tightly. “This much!”

 

 

“Krystal!” Kris frantically opened every door while thinking possibility of where Krystal was. Jessica just called him, telling him that Krystal hadn’t come home from school yet. It was 5 pm, and she was unusually late without news. Worry filled his heart until it was hard to breathe, remembering how Krystal always said that she was having difficulty making friends in her new school, and she was all alone.

He heard a noise and he turned his body to the source of the sound which was last door he hadn’t open yet. “Krystal?”

 “Oppa?” He heard a faint reply of her and that was all he got to frantically barged in. And what waiting in front of him were drenched and limped Krystal with a group of girls who were looking at him, scared.

He widened his eyes and crouched down in front of Krystal who was half-lying in the center of the room. “God! What happened?”

“Oppa...” He felt his heart squeezed painfully seeing her state and he wept the tears that were dripping on her cheeks.

“I’m here, okay? I’m here. I got you.” He removed his jacket and put it to Krystal’s shaking body. He put her arms on her neck and lifted her body safely into his arms.

He turned his body to the group of girls who still frozen in the back of the room, narrowing his eyes to them fiercely. “If you ever touch her again with filthy hands of yours, I won’t care if you guys are still middle school students; this is a crime. This is a crime against me and I will make sure you’ll pay.”

 

 

She was always kept everything to herself. When she was really mad, or disappointed with Kris, she would always ignore him till the point he was driven crazy. Like one afternoon, she couldn’t believe her eyes that were looking at the scene in front of her. Kris was hanging out with Jessica and she was sure, both faces were beamed with happiness. She remembered how Kris told her that he was busy and wouldn’t have a time for her. She was okay with it, but then, why he still had time for her sister?

She was mad, and decided to ignore him for the next days. Kris noticed her odd behavior easily, since he could read her like an open book. He was in their home that day, anxious with the fact that Krystal hadn’t speak to her for the whole days.

He grabbed her hand, forced her to look at his eyes. “Krystal, why are you like this?”

“What? I’m not doing anything.” She narrowed her eyes to him, and Kris felt chills on his spine feeling how cold her eyes were.

“You are ignoring me.”

She pushed him hard and made him loosened his grip on her hand. “Just leave me alone oppa, I’m tired.”

 

But then, she couldn’t hold the anger for too long. She noticed how Kris too looked sad with her behavior and she decided to just let it go. She would hug his back out of the blue and whispered softly, “Oppa, I’m sorry.”

“What?”

“It just.. Nothing. I’m sorry. Please forgive me?”

He would chuckled and turn around hugging her back, soothing her back warmly with his hands. “It’s okay.”

 

 

“You looked beautiful.”

She felt heat rushed to her face hearing his compliment. They would have dinner that night and she decided to dress up for a change. “Thank you op--- Kris.”

He that was leaning on her bedroom frame raised an eyebrow, and his lips curved into a smirk. “What? You won’t call me oppa again?”

She turned her body and faced him, staring at him deeply while wondering if he would let her call him by his name. “Yes, I want to call you by your name start for now. Can I oppa?”

He walked closer to her and held her shoulders, smiling. “I like the way you say my name. Say it again.”

“Kris.”

“Again.”

“Kris.”

She was aware of her growing feeling day by day. She noticed how every single thing he did to her make an instant effect to her. Just seeing him smile, or when he patted her head, or just being by her side, she always felt butterflies in her stomach and it was beautiful. She would cherish all the moment she had with Kris, because she was sure she was madly in love with him.

 

 

She always loved their small bickering since she was a whole different person when she was with Kris. Sometimes he would throw a sarcastic comment just to make her annoyed. “Where’s the demure and cute Krystal go?”

She would roll her eyes and cross her arms. “Nowhere, Kris. She’s still here.”

He would flick her forehead and decided to annoy her more. “Stop being a brat or no one wants you to be their girlfriend.”

She would stick her tongue out and shook her head, “I don’t want to.”

 

“Kris, Is it true? I can’t have a boyfriend?”

He chuckled and made a gesture to her came closer. “Come here.”

She complied happily and sit beside him, leaned her body to his. “I’m only joking, don’t take it to the heart.”

“But..”

He threw his arm around her shoulders and ruffled her hair. “Really, everyone will feel honored to be your boyfriend, Soojung-ah.”

 

 

The 15 years old Krystal was really popular in her high school, famous with her cold, mysterious aura that surrounded her. Many boys made a move, but she never let them passed the stage of acquaintances.

It was one day when Kris picked her up in her school and noticed that Krystal was stood in front of the gate talking to a boy. Couldn’t hold the curiosity, he asked her instantly when she was done talking and get to the passenger seat. “Who’s that boy?”

“His name is Kim Jongin, he just asked for my number.”

“You did it again, didn’t you?” He narrowed her eyes, accusing her quietly.

She looked at him dumbfounded. “What?”

“Being overly cute to everyone.”

She widened her eyes, feeling surprised hearing words that just slipped out of his mouth. “I’m not!”

A sigh escaped his lips and he shook his head. “Don’t do it again.”

“I’m not---“

He suddenly pulled her body to him and kissed her forehead softly. “Do it only to me.”

 

 

 

He stared at Jessica’s back and held the tears that were threatened to fall. Kris was never someone who cried, but now he felt sadness overtook his physique and he stared sadly to the girl in front of him. He walked closer to her and circled his hands around her tiny waist, and nuzzled his face to the crook of her neck.

“Kris?” She was making a dinner and she stopped what she was doing when she felt a warm body behind her, and heard his rapid breathing.

She was going to turn her body to take a look when he stopped her. “Don’t turn around.”

She let out a sigh and his hair. “What’s going on?”

He didn’t say anything for few minutes and just tightened his hold around her body.

He felt her hand patted his cheek softly and he found himself leaning closer to the warm of her hand. “I love you.” He whispered.

She smiled and leaned her head to his chest, “I love you more.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update! If you still confused, the italic paragraphs are the past in random situation.

So, this chapter is about Krystal and Kris and the next chapter will be about Jessica! So what do you think?

Subscribe and comment! <3