14

Sun Showers

 

“AWHOOOOO!”

“Damn it Chanyeol can you stop doing that?” exclaimed Baekhyun as he looked back at his friend. “You’ve been doing that since last night!”

Yeol smirked as he stopped blowing into the horn, “But it’s fun! Everyone must be scared!” he giggled in pleasure.

“I doubt anyone would fall for that. It doesn’t even sound like a wolf’s howl!” Baekhyun said as he tried to grab the horn. “I can’t believe you brought this with you.”

Yeol jumped out of reach and glared. “Fine fine I’ll stop. Gosh you should be nicer to me since I carried you for a few days” he pouted.

Baekhyun stuck out his tongue “Whose the one that fell on me huh? And besides didn’t you want to be my best friend?”

Chanyeol smiled nervously at Baekhyun. They hadn’t talked about the Chanyeol’s crying episode since that day and he still wasn’t sure if Baek was going to make a big deal out of it later. He ran ahead and looked around. “Hey shouldn’t we be running into the other groups soon? We’re almost at base camp!” he said trying to change the subject.

Baek laughed at Chanyeol’s nervousness. “I guess we should see some people soon…. Unless you got us completely lost.”

Chanyeol turned back to glare. “No faith.. no faith at all.”

 

Meanwhile….

“Are you sure Kyungsoo?? Are you POSITIVELY SURE? Because I keep hearing that howling sound!?” Jongdae said running behind Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo whirled around and tried to hit Jongdae on the head “I TOLD YOU LIKE A MILLION TIMES THAT’S NOT A REAL WOLF!”

Jongdae ducked and crouched down pouting “FINE I guess ill believe you but you don’t have to be so mean about it.”

He looked back up at Kyungsoo and tried to make his best puppy dog eyes “Can we rest? Please?? My feet hurt.”

Kyungsoo turned around to avoid looking and said “NO! and don’t try to do those puppy dog eyes. It looks creepy and besides you’re lying! You just don’t want to meet the others!”

Jongdae jumped up and hit Kyungsoo on the head “Fine stupid pororo! No sympathy at all!”

Kyungsoo chuckled and ran after Jongdae who had started running full speed into the valley. They were only a few hours from reaching base camp according to the map and they were bound to run into the other groups any minute now.

Everything will be fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, Jongdae and Kyungsoo had reached the edge of the forest. According to the map the base camp was in the middle area of the forest. They were making good time walking until they heard a loud “AWHOOOOO” near them.

Jongdae froze and instinctively moved closer to Kyungsoo. “W-we’re totally going to die!” he mumbled.

Kyungsoo was about to push Jongdae off of him when they both hear a loud “OWWW THAT HURT BAEKHYUN!”

Jongdae and Kyungsoo looked at each other and they started to make their way towards the voices. They reached a small clearing and looked up to see two boys arguing at the top of the rocks.

“Dammit Chanyeol give it to me! No more playing with it”

“You aren’t the boss of me Byun Baekhyun!”

Jongdae smiled, overjoyed to see his two friends. He was about to shout to get their attention when he realized that they were about to see him without his lenses. He let out a long breath as he rubbed his hands together. They aren’t going to hate you. They aren’t. he told himself. He was still looking at his hands when Kyungsoo shouted. “BABY!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol both looked down to see Kyungsoo smiling up at them with Jongdae by his side.

Baekhyun broke out into a big grin as he waved frantically to his boyfriend and best friend. “OMG GUYS!!!!! HIIIII!!!”

He was about to start running off the rocks to meet them when he noticed that Chanyeol hadn’t said anything. He turned back to see Chanyeol looking down at his hands. “Yeol! Let’s go! Soo and Jongdae are here”

Chanyeol looked up at him and softly said “I guess our trip is over huh?” Sure Chanyeol was glad to see his other friends but he was also sad that he was no longer the main person in Baekhyun’s mind. He was embarrassed at his outburst at the beginning of the trip and he didn’t know whether what Baekhyun had said about being best friends was true or if he had just said that to make Chanyeol feel better.

Baekhyun stopped smiling when he saw the look on Chanyeol’s face. He walked over, grabbed Chanyeol’s and gazed up into his eyes.

“Listen up Park Chanyeol. You are important to me. You are my best friend and I can’t imagine not having you by my side. Soo and Jongdae are also important to me but you also hold a special place in my heart. I don’t care if you cry or we fight or if you hate me but I will always be there for you and I will always be your friend.” He said softly yet firmly. He gave Chanyeol’s hand another squeeze. “Now can I have my old happy Chanyeol back?”

Chanyeol overjoyed at Baek’s little speech gave him a large smile, blinked back his tears and nodded.

“Good, now let’s go! I need to see whether Jongdae injured my Soo in any way.” Baek said smiling.

Chanyeol laughed “I’m surprised they’re alive! They aren’t as awesome as us, you know?”

“Exactly,” replied Baek “Now let’s go!”

They both hurried off of the rocks and Baekhyun threw himself at Kyungsoo who easily caught the lighter boy in his arms.

Chanyeol groaned at their public display of affection and looked over at Jongdae to make a joke. They usually made fun of them together. He saw that the other boy still hadn’t looked up from the ground.

“Yo Jongdae did you forget me already?” said the boy jokingly grabbing Jongdae into a bear hug. Hearing no reaction from the boy, he continued “Did you beat up Kyungsoo every night?”

Jongdae softly giggled at the joke but still refused to meet Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol frowned and Baek had come over to see what was wrong. “Are you okay Jongdae?” Baek asked worriedly.

Jongdae let out a long breath and hesitantly looked up at his friends. He didn’t know what to expect but Baekhyun and Chanyeol were some of his closest friends and he couldn’t hide forever. He saw the looks on their faces, it went from shock to surprise and then suddenly a smile.

“WOAH YOU’RE EYES ARE SO COOL!” screamed Chanyeol as he leaned in closer to Jongdae’s face. Jongdae was so shocked at the close proximity that he pushed his hands into Chanyeol’s face.

“Way to invade his personal space Yeol,” joked Baek as he turned to smile at Jongdae. “You never told me you had such pretty eyes Jongdae? And I thought we were supposed to be best friends.”

Baek pouted adorably and opened his arms motioning Jongdae to give him a hug “I guess you’ll have to give me a hug as payment.”

Jongdae was desperately trying not to shed any tears from the relief that was pouring into him. He felt truly blessed to be friends with such amazing people that didn’t shun him away because of his defect. Wiping away a few tears he gave a smile before shaking his head. “noo you know how I feel about hugs Baek.”

Baek folded his arms and frowned. “Oh come on! I know you hate hugs but I feel like this is a moment where hugging is supposed to happen.”

Chanyeol tilted his head to the side with a big smile. “Well I know you don’t like giving hugs Jongdae but that’s not going to stop us from giving you hugs” he said as he pulled Jongdae into a giant hug. Baek laughed as Jongdae started to squirm and joined from the back. “Silly goose! Why were you even worried? We still love you!” he softly whispered into Jongdae’s ears. Jongdae blushed slightly and stopped moving, allowing himself to be hugged. He looked over Chanyeol’s shoulder and saw Kyungsoo leaning on the rock looking at them. When their eyes met, Kyungsoo smiled and slowly nodded his head. Jongdae smiled back at him and he started to feel lightheaded. He turned to lean into Chanyeol’s shoulder and decided that his lightheadedness probably came from being enveloped in a death hug by the other two. A strange sense of calm swept over him and he took in a deep breath. He was right.

 

 

 

 

 

Authors note:

OMG i think this is the shortest chapter I've written but I hope you like it! 

I usually write very long chapters and I wanted to ask you guys whether you prefer reading longer chapters (probably updated everyweek then) or shorter chapters (twice or thrice a week)? Let me know in the comments so I can plan accordingly! 

The next chapter is going to be good (hopefully) and it's going to reveal a pretty big spoiler so be excited hehehe

I just wanted to thank you guys for reading and subscribing! you guys are awesome and I love reading your comments :) One of the other authors i know on AFF suggested that I make this story Subscribers only! what do you guys think? I don't mind doing either but it might be like a little reward for all of you that did subscribe :) 

OT: I've been missing my LuChen OTP! This OTP is one of my favorite (tied for first with chensoo and chenkai) and I have a pretty awesome story for them! Do you think I should start writing it now? or maybe focus on one story at a time?

So many questions! sorry if the authors note bothers or bores you LOL but its a great way for me to get feedback and bounce my ideas off of people!