Chapter 2: Playing Strings

Lost Heroine

I heard someone knocking, but I was too numb to even get up. Maybe this is just a dream...

Nah, I swear someone just knocked on my door. I slowly opened my eys and stared at the ceiling for a good 8 seconds before I got up to answer the door.

Before I could even twist the doorknob, I heard low snickers behind the door. Hmm.. I have a bad feeling about this...

I looked around my surroundings and thought of a plan.

 

 

The door opend itself after a few minutes and as expected, they were leaning down on it and made a thud on the wooden floor.

"What the...?" one of men grunted. The moment they looked around, they realized no one was even home. They gulped. "Madam?"

"Who goes there...?" a soft baby yet scary voice asked. Beads of sweat started to fall from their faces. "Is Madam Jung Roo here?"

"I took her..." the door suddenly slammed shut. "And I'll take you three as well... "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!" they started running around with horrified faces.

But one of them didn't budge. "Madam?" he lifted a curtain, revealing an astonished Jung Roo. Her jaw dropped as she waved her hand. "Hi..?"

 

 

"I'm really sorry! I heard you laughing a while ago and thought you were bad guys!" I bowed on my knees.

Then 2 of them smacked the guy from the middle. "This guy wouldn't get over his stupid joke." "Nice going Junsu."

"You guys! Stop picking on me!" he protected his head. "I'm sorry. There was just a misunderstanding." one of them sheepishly apologised.

I grinned as I nodded. "Oh I see. It's okay!" 

Then silence took over and we got completely uncomfortable after a while.

I clasped my hands. "So! Uhm... can I help you?" They started fiddling. Okay, now I'm nervous..

"Uhmm... Ahjussi asked if you would like a tour around town. Hamelin is the biggest land around." the one on the left explained.

I smiled a little. "That sounds nice... Sure I'd love to! But..." They gaped at me. "But?"

"You guys... haven't introduced yourselves yet." I chuckled. Then they started laughing, agreeing to the situation.

"We're sorry, my name is Kim Jaejoong." the one the left bowed. I bowed in return.

"I'm Kim Junsu, his brother." he pointed to Jaejoong'ssi. "I see.." I only nodded. "And a corny one." Jaejoong'ssi added. "Hey!"

I giggled at the both of them and turned to the last one. "And I'm Park Yoochun."

I tilted my head, amused. "How did you know where I was hiding?" He thought for a moment.

"Madam, even if this place has been barren for I don't know how long, this place holds mysteries that I wanna know and I was sure that there wasn't a bump behind that curtain you were hiding." he explained with a smirk which made me look away as if I lost an argument.

He must've notice how embarassed I became when he quickly apologised to me. "No, that's okay. It's better to be found out than to get more trouble."

"She's got a point." Junsu whisperd to him then received a whack on the head from Jaejoong'ssi. "Shut up."

I giggled once more. "So would you like a tour?" Yoochun'ssi asked. 

"Uhmm.." I blew the inside of my cheeks, trying to think it over. "Is it okay to just bring one?"

They looked at each other in hesitation. "If you wish." Jaejoong'ssi said.

 

 

"Yoochun'ah! If you ever do anything to her, I'll definitely tell Mr. Park!" Junsu shouted while walking away with his brother.

"He's not that violent like you, doofhead." Jaejoong grabbed his head in his arms. "What did you just say!?"

Roo and Yoochun laughed at them while heading off to town. "I'm really glad you chose me." he told her.

"Why?" she asked curiously. "First of all, if you pick them or even one of them, it's hard to discipline them."

"Are you the oldest?" she chuckled. "Uh, Jaejoong is actually a few month's older than me but Junsu is younger than me."

She only nodded. "Hard to see it though." "So second, Girls always pick them most so I rarely get a chance."

She raised her eyebrow. "Why is that?" Before they could proceed to the entrance, he replied to her.

"Because they're... good-looking?" he stated like it was the most obvious thing. "So that means, you're not... good-looking."

"That seems about it." he simply replied. The tour wasn't much welcomed when they entered the entrance, still continuing their conversation.

"Well that's weird." Roo laughed a little. Yoochun raised his eyebrow and politely asked, "What is?"

She faced him while walking. "The moment you found me behind the curtain, I thought you were one of those who gets chased by girls while Junsu'ssi and Jaejoong'ssi were the ones who... you know what I mean... but I never thought it was the other way around."

Yoochun gulped by her bluntness. "I mean, they have looks but if you aske me, you remind me of a prince from a story." she finished.

He looked away from her to hide his red cheeks. He never met a girl who would actually find him charming and wasn't even scared to tell him. The only person who would ever tell that to him was his mom, who suddenly disappeared when he was only three. He stood frozen for a while until he woke up in reality because of Roo.

"I was just kidding."

 

 

I laughed to my heart's content as I stared at Yoochun'ssi's dumbfounded face. His mouth was open and his eyes were slowly getting bigger by the second.

"The things you just said... were all just a joke..?" he asked softly. "I have a hard time noticing the appearance than one's personality." I explained.

Yoochun'ssi looked down and before I knew it, he disappeared. "Huh..?" Where'd he go?

For some reason, I just noticed that we were already in Hamelin town and how much big it is... Man, I really didn't mean to hurt him, now I'm lost. I tried to walk around when I noticed a girl playing the guitar beautifully. Only a few people were listening to them as it was giving them some tips. I can't help but stare at how the girl gracefully played with those strings. I feel like I just want to sing there and then but then, I wanted to touch that thing as well...

"Are you okay, miss?" a voice snapped me to reality. I realised how my face got so close to her guitar and the girl stared at me carefully.

"Uh.. hi. I... uh... really love your song." I stammered. She grinned and bowed. "Why thank you. It's not everyday that someone likes my songs."

"I'm new here. My name is Jung Roo." I shook hands with her. "Jung Da Woon." she said.

"Do you sing?" I curiously asked. She paused for a moment. "No but, I used to play music with my sister, Hye Sun."

"Oh really? Where is she?" I asked, a bit too excited. "She... passed away. " she replied.

I froze. I feel like I just wanna bury myself to the ground at what I just said. Why did I have to ask such a stupid question!

Before I could even apologise, she looked away, "I think it's best if you leave."

I blinked. I actually deserve it and I also wished that I can stay and watch but because of my stupidness, I couldn't so I roamed around town.

 

 

Somehow, I always go back to Da Woon'ssi's location.

My knees gave up so I sat by the fountain, luckily watching Da Woon's playing strings... and how I love singing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20t1xL6Qizk

I sang inside my mind... I sang in low whispers... then in a soft voice... then my emotion got the best of me as I sang to my heart's content.

I was singing across from them and they were staring at me as Da Woon'ssi continued playing with a surprised expression.

I never noticed the people looking at me differently as I stared at how she played her strings gracefully.

 

 

"Why'd you leave her there, you butthead!" the two brothers mercilessly attacked me.

"You don't know what happened!" I defended. "Yeah right! We don't know what happened but we'll definitely know what will happen to you once we report to Mr. Park!" and with that, they ran off. My eyes widened in realization. "Hey wait!" I chased them.

After awhile, I noticed them stop at town square. I was about to grab their hair when I realized why did they even stop here in the first place.

What sweet melody... so unfamiliarly familiar... voice? 

I followed the sound of music and saw a crowd. I bet it's that girl, Da Woon, who plays music for a living but that wasn't the point! Someone was singing with her and I have a feeling that that someone is beside her. My eyes widened when I realised that the girl singing was none other than the new girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoyBigRLhGk