Chapter 1: Characters

Lost Heroine

"Hey miss wake up! Wake up!" someone shook me. It's still pitch black so I wouldn't know where that voice came from but they seem close.

I couldn't remember anything. My head hurts, like a hammer hitting me on the head and I would've thought that my body was already separated from it.

"Please wake up miss!" the voice shouted. By that, a light was blinding me from above, waking me up unconciously.

"She's alive! She's alive!" many people shouted as I slowly opened my eyes. "What's going on? Where am I?"

"You must have hit your head hard, lass." the elder said, kneeling on one leg. "Welcome to Hamelin!"

"Hamelin?" she thought. "What's your name, lass?" the elder asked. "Where've you come from?" "Are you all alone, kid?"

My head throbbed a bit. What just happen? I... can't remember anything. The elder must've notice me in pain as he stopped them from asking.

"Come, you must rest. There's a cottage not far from here. You can stay there at the mean time if you like." he helped me up as I try to get on my feet.

"Th-Thank you..." I smiled truly.

 

 

"How long was I unconcious?" I asked the elder, Won Jae Gil. "I'm not so sure, lass. We just found you by the shore this morning." 

I nodded my head as I look around. The place wasn't that big and nobody seems to use it since it was quite filthy but seems bearable.

"If there's anything you need, my men are usually goofing around somewhere." he walked towards the door.

"M-Men..?" I stuttered nervously. I would care less if it was a lady but men?

"Don't be scared lass. They're the ones who found you but if they do anything to you, I'll surely tell their moms." he chuckled.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Okay. Thank you for... taking care of a stranger." I smiled genuinely.

"Take a rest lass." he closed the door behind him.

 

 

"He's obnoxious, boring, dense, contaminated, and I'm prettier than him. One more thing, he gets on my nerves." I reported in one breath.

"His got abs~!" my butler, Lee Jung Hwan, added and I just looked at him emotionless. "So?"

"Well they do say that opposites attract." he assured me and I glared at him.

He cleared his throat. "Your Highness, in a few weeks, your subjects will have to question if you have the right to be queen."

"I'm the Princess of King Ji Kyung, so I should be Queen of Ivory Castle!" I roared.

"Y-yes... your highness.." he stuttered. I slumped down on my seat. Then someone barged in.

"Your highness! Your highness!" before she could continue, I lunged towards her and grabbed her collar.

"Try not to knock again and I'll make sure you're off with your head." I threatened.

"M-My apologies... your grace." she stuttered. "Let me guess, you have another recommendation." I stated after letting her go.

"Ye-" Before she could agree, I already interrupted her. "Fail this time and I'll burn your home. See? Atleast I won't kill you, but your family will." I smirked.

Her knees were already trembling by my threat and her tears were literally beginning to fall. "Well go on, Jiyul."

She showed me a paper, 5 papers to be exact, obviously the profiles. "There's 5 of them..." "I can see that.." I grumbled.

"3 of them are currently single but I had a talk with their parents for the other 2. One of the most charming Princes in the land-"

"How about in my land?" I asked. "Why of course. Ever since the last SHINing Prince is now on the legal age of marriage, they're the talk all over the world."

My eyes twinkled at their cute appearance. "Interesting." I commented. "I knew you would say that, your highness!" she jumped in glee.

"Don't get too excited." I immediately added. "Sorry your highness." her head hung low.

I slammed the papers on my desk which made them startled. "Jung Hwan'ssi..."

"Yes, your grace?" he bowed. "I expect a ball in a few days, be sure to prepare in less than 3." I ordered and by that, he bowed again and dashed outside.

My eyes averted to Jiyul. "You're safe... for now."

 

 

"I just simply adore the flowers you arranged for me, my prince." the princess smiled gleefully as she took a scent of the garden with her favorite flowers.

Your mother persuaded me to it. "Then I guess you will have to expect me with these flowers in our every meeting?" I took a view of the garden.

"Oh your highness! You're too kind!" she blushed as she covered her face with a fan.

"Please," I removed her fan from her face, "Call me Jinki." and kissed her hand. She giggled bashfully.

"There's no reason for you to be shy, my lady. After all,  we are engaged." I assured her.

She took her teacup down and looked at me softly. "You mean, you wouldn't mind marrying a stranger, Prince Jinki?"

I don't even have a choice... "There is something about you which makes my heart flutter. Does it also happen to you, my lady?" I swooned her.

She blushed bright red. "Why unceasingly, of course." she replied shyly which I only returned with a grin.

"Hyung!" a voice called out of the blue. I turned around as I faced my favorite cousin, Taemin. "What is it?"

"I lost it!" the young one cried. "You lost what, Taemin?" I asked. "My.. my..." Taemin crawled his hands around his own neck.

My eyes widened. "Your mother's necklace?" I gasped. "Excuse me, but what's going on?" my lady, Park Sun Young, worriedly asked.

I turned to her with a smile as if nothing happened. "He needs some assistance about something urgent. Ah, my lady, I think it's way past your curfew!"

She turned to her wristwatch and gasped. "Oh no I'm late!" She quickly stood up and gave me a kiss on the cheeks.

"Thank you for today. I had a wonderful time, Prince Jinki. I'll see you soon." she batted her eyelashes.

"I won't forget your flowers!" I chuckled which only made her blush more as she left.

"Hyung!" someone interrupted me. I ruffled my hair. "Where did you lose it this time?" I asked worriedly.

"It wouldn't be losing if I knew where it is!" he cried. I grumbled as I rest my head on the table, "I stand corrected..."

"Wait, I think I know where it is..." he added as he rubbed his invisible mustache. "...AND I take it back." I hissed.

 

 

"Where is she?" I tapped my fingers on the pristine table. I've been waiting here for 30 minutes, embarassed that I'm alone so now girls kept on staring, and I'm starving!

"Excuse me, are you going to order now?" the waitress asked. I smirked at her which made her giggle.

"I'm sorry for worrying you, maybe 5 more minutes, please?" I winked. "Why of course!" she agreed to quickly as she skipped to another tabled.

I sighed  when 5 minutes have passed. I stood up which startled some girls. I know I'm a bit impatient but I don't really know if this girl is even worth waiting for an hour. I started to leave when someone called me from behind. "Loner loser, bro!"

"What are you doing here, Kibum?" I asked, a bit sour. "Aw! My heart!" he started pounding his chest. "You didn't answer my question." I said sharply.\He sighed. "Your date was erased... by mom... again... obviously." I grunted as I grabbed my jacket. "I should've known."

He slung his arm around me. "Look, I know you're not single anymore but since we both know how vile your girl is, you have to at least be serious to one special girl, so you won't have to marry her in the future!"

"Kibum'ah!" I sniffed. "I don't even want to get married yet! Even if I found a girl to replace Bo Young'ssi, I also don't want to marry a different girl!" I threw a tantrum.

 

 

I guess being younger than Jonghyun'ah isn't so bad after all. I always wondered why mom and dad gave birth to him before me. As soon as I turned to him, I widened my eyes as reality hit me in the face.

"What the!? Get off of me and stop crying! You drenched my favorite shirt!" I growled. I didn't even know I was causing attention.

"Shush! Would you keep it down! You're attracting attention!" he shushed me. "I don't care! I was going to treat you to make you feel better but I changed my mind!" I barked as I marched my way outside.

"Kibum'ah! I didn't mean it!" he sniffed as he ran towards me. Now I'm wondering why mom and dad even gave birth to him in the first place!

 

 

A hand got a hold of my shoulder and spun me around. "Where do you think you're going?" one of my warriors, Choi Jun Hong, asked.

I smiled a little, "Training of course." I tried to walk away but he stopped me again. "Take a rest! You'll need the energy for battle tomorrow!"

He suddenly covered his mouth as I pointed at him. "You! Did you just order your leader?"

"I mean! You can do whatever you want Minho'ssi!" he bowed as he dash off. I chuckled lightly as I picked a big wooden stick from the ground.

Before I could even lift it off from the ground, Jun Hong came back. "One more question!" he pleaded. I raised an eyebrow.

"When are you even going to get married?" I frowned at his question.