3

Sky of Connection

They finally reached high school. Tao, their cousin has been living with them for four years. Of course, Nana is one year ahead of them while Tao and Lizzy were in the same grade.

Nana stayed after school and she visited the soccer field at the left wing of their school. She was waiting for someone to arrive. She was actually watching the guys play soccer. One of them was Tao, her cousin ran to his opponent and he quickly stole the ball from him. He passed it to one of his teammate. As soon as he got it, he kicked the ball straight to the net. The goal keeper tried to catch the ball, but it went passed through his finger tips. He didn't succesfully catch it and the opposing team were unhappy at the game's result. 

"Oh yeah! We won!" Tao and Yixing or Lay did the high five. Lay noticed someone familiar to him who was sitting on the benches and he nudged Tao's side making him to looked at his friend. Nana watched him as he make his way to her direction while a towel was hanging on his shoulder.

"Is there something you need, noona?" He asked and took a seat beside her.

"I think?" She said looking up. "Are you done with everything after this game?" He nodded.

"Yes, I've planned to get home after this anyway. Wanna walk with me?"

"Yeah, I will wait for you to change. I'll be waiting for you here." 

Tao left immediately and Nana waited for her cousin to come back. The latter is quiet straightforward and whatever he says is the truth. That's what she likes about Tao. He is sometimes rebellious like the other teenagers out there. She can't blame him, because his parents are pretty busy in work. She can see how he works hard at school from what he believes that would gain his parents attention. Unfortunately, it is not. Nana felt sorry for the young lad, he sometimes resorted his problems through drinking and smoking. Nana had seen him sometimes doing those sort of things when he felt so down after he had spoken to his mom or dad on the phone. He is seeking someone's love to the other people. Financial is not even a question, because they are wealthy like them. Tao is closed to their family since they were kids, so he decided to study in Seoul although he kind of struggles because of the language. Nana was there to help whenever he needed her.

Nana raised an eyebrow, he didn't even take long to the shower room. He might have thought that she was going to be impatient.

"Why so fast? You could have taken your sweet time at the shower room?" Tao was shaking his head and smiled at her. 

"I don't want you to wait for too long and make you feel bored." Her eyes softened at his thoughtfulness. Nana thought whoever he chose to be his girl would be totally lucky to have him. Nana patted his back before they leave the soccer field.

Nana invited the latter at the small playground around their neighbourhood. The young lad didn't mind though. Tao sees her as his own older sister. The brunette is really caring towards her dongsaengs especially to Lizzy. She spoiled the girl too much Tao thought to himself. Both them sat on the swings, as they watched the sun to set. 

"I wonder where is Nana noona from back then who always spoils her little sister." Tao said.

"You know she's still there, but that little beagle is grown up now. She can't be a kid forever you know. She needs to grow up too." Tao chuckled.

"So true, how's it going with Kris? He hasn't asked you out yet?"

"Geez, that guy? He's always around me, but never even once he asked me out. I won't be the first one to ask someone out. You could probably tell that I'm kind of conservative when it comes to that."

"I'm ok with th-"

A phone call interrupted him. Nana took her phone out from her bag and Tao saw her nodded slowly before she put it back to her bag again. She sighed and turned to her cousin.

"I'm sorry, Tao ah, but do you wanna come? I totally forgot about Lizzy's piano performance today." Hitting her forehead discreetly. "I must have been working hard too much because of our project today and forgetting about her."

"No, it's family bonding for sure. I have been with you ever since I came here and I think you need to be with your family without me just once. Just tell Lizzy noona, fighting." Nana giggled.

"You sure?"

"Don't worry too much, noona. I'll be at home anyway and I have some other things to do also." Tao ran off before the older girl could utter a word. She shook her head with her lips turning into a soft smile.

 

 

A round of applause was heard around the huge hall. Lizzy had just finished her performance and she bowed to the crowd before exiting the stage. Their parents stood and were proud of their younger child. Lizzy dreamed of to be a pianist someday, so she had been playing piano since she was little. 

All of them met up at the back stage Nana was hiding a bouquet of flowers behind her. Lizzy was smiling from ear to ear. She was so glad to see them there and even her family was pretty busy. They would find a way to attend her piano recital. 

"Unnie, appa, and omma thank you for coming." She gulped and blinked abruptly stopping her tears from falling. She was just happy. Nana smiled and brought up the bouquet of flowers in sight. Again, Lizzy hugged her sister and Nana lost her balance. Her back meeting the cold floor and hitting her head in the process. Nana shut her eyes because of the pain she felt. Again? Nana thought.

"Lizzy! You can hug me normally. You don't have to jump on me everytime." Lizzy smiled bitterly. Their parents were only shaking their heads. Seems like you can't change a clumsy Sooyoung. Lizzy accepted the flowers whole heartedly and kissed her sister on the cheek. Nana stood and patted her head like always. Their relationship has been always like that.

Deep down her, she wanted her sister to change how the way she treated her. It's not like she hated it, but she wants more of her affection to be in a different level. As usual, she sees her as her little sister. She was saddened to the fact that Nana doesn't see her whole change. She worked hard with her appearance and figure, but the latter doesn't see it. Could she ever find a way to turn straight girls into les? She always wished for the impossible. She stayed still with their relationship. Lizzy is afraid to do something recklessly. She's so scared to lose someone that she's so attached to not to mention her dearest sister and her love. Even though it hurts her to see Nana with the guys. Never had she told anyone about her secret even to her best friend, Jooyeon. She sometimes thought that why she was born in a conservative country where having relationship with the same gender was an eye sore to the people around her. How lucky can Lizzy be?

"S-Sorry, I'm just so happy because all of you attended this special occassion. Where is Tao?" She asked.

"He has to stay home, you know how busy he may sometimes be." Their mom said.

All of them, decided to have a dinner at a expensive restaurant around the city. They get on the car and sped off immediately as soon their father stepped on the gas. They were chatting happily inside the car. Nana watched the city lights that they passed by on the road through the tinted window of the car. Lizzy stared at her sister like a kid. Nana felt someone's stare and turned to her sister.

"What is it?" Lizzy just smiled and shook her head.

"If your dongsaeng Tao was here it would be fun to ." Their mother said.

"You are so right, hon." He chuckled. Their mother was laughing along with her husband when she noticed a car coming at them, uncontrollably.

"Hon! Look out!" They saw a car coming at them. Wheels on the road were screeching and the honk of the car was all they heard. As if the whole thing in front of Nana was happening in slow motion. It was fast and he tried to turned the steering wheel to the other direction, but it was too late. Nana's first thing in her mind was to hug Lizzy. She didn't care what would happen to her. Lizzy was so stunned to even moved on her spot. Nana's vision turned white. She saw flashes of her childhood. How she spoiled the young Lizzy and when she kissed the latter on the lips which she couldn't even remember when it happened? Then everything went black.

"Sooyoung!" Nana woke up and she felt her sweats on her forehead. Her hand was in the air like she was trying to grasp something.

She realized that she wasn't in her room. She looked around, but to see an empty room. There were windows that was few centimetres away from her bed. The sky was already dark and stars were so visible in the sky. She couldn't understand that dream or if that was a dream. She heard the door opened and she heard a familiar voice was weeping. 


Yes, finally I'm done with chapter 3!!! Sorry, if you see some errors I'm so lazy to read it again hahaah and I have to sleep LOL! I have to attend school tomorrow in the after noon xD I'll try to update soon. Hope you comment and subscribe! And tell me how I did or something like that. Cheer up your author at least LOL jk.. And yes it's a longer chapter for you guys. . .