Confessions

New Neighbor

You put on one of your prettiest dresses and smiled at yourself. You, Seungho, and the other boys were going out tonight. The two of you wanted to announce your relationship to everyone. You grabbed your purse, slipped on your shoes and went across the hall to the boys’ dorm.

Byunghee answered and let you into the apartment, smiling at you. He rubbed the back of his neck.

“No one else is here yet.”  

“That’s okay, they should be back soon. We’re supposed to all meet here in a few minutes.” You walked in and sat down on the couch happily. You felt much more comfortable here now than you did a few days ago.

“It’s probably good that we have a little time together before they get here.” He suddenly looked nervous.

“Is everything okay Byunghee?” You asked, standing up from the couch and walking towards him. He looked into your eyes before speaking.

“I know Seungho has been getting closer to you, but I wanted to tell you that I really like you. I think I might even be falling in love with you. I know it hasn’t been very long, but that’s how I feel.” You were taken aback by his confession. You really hadn’t known the boys very long, even if it felt like you had. You looked up at him and gave him an apologetic smile.

“Byunghee, I-”

“Love her? You love MY girlfriend?” You spun around to see Seungho standing in the open door, fuming. He started forwards, but you stopped him.

“Oppa, stop.” His angry eyes turned to you. You reached up to take his face between your hands and you kissed him softly. “Let me handle this, okay?” You said quietly. You felt him relax and he nodded. “Good, go get changed for dinner.” You kissed him again before he went to his room to get dressed, giving Byunghee a glare along the way. You took a deep breath and turned back to face Byunghee.

“Byunghee, you’re really nice, and you’re a great friend. I enjoy spending time with you. But Seungho is the person I want to be with. I’m sorry.” You said softly. You really did like being friends with Byunghee and you didn’t want to ruin that.

“That is the response I expected. But don’t think I’ll give up. I won’t pursue you while you’re dating Seungho, but my love won’t fade. You’re worth waiting for.” His hand came up to trace the side of your face. You gave him a sad smile before backing away. Just as you did, the other boys walked into the apartment.

“Hey! Are you guys ready?”

“Where is Seungho hyung?”

“What should we eat tonight?” Their voices drowned out any thoughts that had been going through your mind. You smiled at the interruption. You turned to respond to them when you felt an arm slip around your waist. You turned to see Seungho standing next to you.

“Before we go anywhere, we have something to tell you guys.” He said confidently. “We’re dating. We just wanted you to know.” Seungho smiled down at you, his eyes full of love as they scanned your face.

“Whoa!”

“Congrats hyung!”

“Can we eat now?”

--------------------------------------

When you all had finished dinner, you left the restaurant. The group slowly made its way down the sidewalk to your complex. Byunghee had been rather quiet during dinner, but he didn’t bring anything up about what had happened earlier tonight. The younger three boys were happily talking about enjoying the night off work and having had Seungho paid for dinner.

After arriving back at your apartments, the boys wandered into their apartment. Sanghyun, Cheolyong and Changsun all bid you goodnight. Byunghee turned to look at you. His eyes said a lot, but he didn’t actually say anything. You knew he was mentally reminding you of what he had said earlier, but you weren’t going to worry about it right now. You had the man you wanted. Seungho looked at you and smiled.

“I guess we should say goodnight now.” His words sounded like he regretted the night ending. He kissed your cheek and then turned to go to his apartment. You held onto his hand though, preventing him from going very far. He spun around to look at you.

“You said once we were official, you would make me yours.” You smirked a little at him. Seungho mirrored your smirk and returned back to you. He kissed you passionately, showing you how much he cared about you. When he pulled back, you pulled him into your apartment, closing the door behind both of you.