The Hammer

New Neighbor

You smiled and nodded at him. You stepped back into your apartment, gesturing for Seungho to follow you. You led him to the living room where the bookcase sat, still in the box. He opened it and pulled out the instructions, looking them over. He nodded while reading. You watched him and smiled at the look on his face as he concentrated.

“Do you have screwdrivers and a hammer?” He said, suddenly looking up at you. You blinked a few times, coming back to your senses.

“Oh, uh, yes! They are somewhere around here.” You started spinning around trying to remember when you had left the little toolbox you had. He laughed at you and shook his head.

“Hold on, I’ll go get mine. Yours are probably tiny and pink anyway.” You blushed as he walked past you because he was right. You weren’t going to tell him that though. He returned a couple of  minutes later and pulled out what he needed. You walked over to where he was. You both got down on your knees to start putting the bookcase together. You were glad for his help because many of the pieces looked the same to you. Seungho on the other hand, knew just what to do. He barely glanced back at the instruction booklet.

After about 15 minutes, he had it almost done. You didn’t do very much. You handed him the things he asked for and occasionally helped to hold a board in place, but that was it. You certainly didn’t mind though. You were content to let him do his thing, and honestly, you liked watching him work. You found him even more attractive as he worked.

Just before he was about to flip it over to hammer on the back panel, he caught you staring at him. He smiled at you and your face flushed. You quickly looked down at the bookcase and moved your hands to help hold the panel down while he hammered little nails around it to hold it in place.

When he got to one of the last ones, he missed the nail and hit his thumb with the hammer. Seungho cursed and jumped away from the bookcase. He quickly sat on the couch, holding his thumb in pain. You hastily went to your fridge. You pulled ice out of the freeze, put it into a bag, wrapped that in a towel, and went back to him. You sat next to him on the couch and pulled his hand into your lap, gently wrapping your impromptu ice pack around it.

“Does this help?” You asked, still looking down at his hand. Now that you were thinking straight again, you felt your heart pick up pace from being so close to him. His hand suddenly felt warm in yours and you were hyper aware of how little distance there was between the two of you.

“It helps a lot.” He smiled at you softly. “I’m sorry I swore. I shouldn’t do that in front of you.” He looked away from you. You giggled a little at him.

“I probably would’ve as well.” He looked back at you and the two of you stared at each other. Without noticing, you both started leaning in towards each other. Your eyes continually glanced between his eyes and his thick lips. The two of you were only a couple inches apart now. Seungho’s free hand came up against the side of your face, pulling you closer to him. Your eyes slid closed just as his lips lightly touched yours. The kiss only lasted for a couple seconds, but it was enough for you to realize just how soft his lips were. When he pulled back, he didn’t go far. You stared at each other again, and smiled.

“You felt that too, right?” He said in almost a whisper. You nodded, still lost in the thought of his lips against yours. He was clearly having the same thoughts because he his lips and leaned back in.

His lips felt heavenly. They were so soft, and you found yourself loving how plump they were. This kiss was firmer than the last one. You pulled away first this time, smiling. You backed away from each other a bit, and both blushed. You looked down and suddenly remembered what had gotten you into this position.

“How does you hand feel?” You asked after clearing your throat a little.

“I think you should kiss it better.” He said with a smirk. You blushed a little, making him chuckle. He pulled his hand out of the ice pack and inspected it. “Seems to be better already.” He moved back down to the bookcase to finish the job. You left the ice pack on the couch and moved down next to him again.

When he finished, you both stood it up and he put it under the window while you directed him. He stepped back from it and you smiled. Even though you hadn’t originally intended on getting a bookcase, you had to admit that it looked good there. You smiled and threw your arms around his neck, hugging him. He took a second to respond, and then his arms went around your waist. You pulled back once you realized what you had done.

“Thank you for your help Seungho.” You folded your arms in front of you, a little uncomfortable.

“I want you to call me Oppa from now on.” He blushed a bit. You tried it out and a huge grin appeared on his face. “Would you go on a date with me tomorrow night? We could have dinner.”

You nodded quickly, smiling. Your enthusiastic response made his eyes light up.

=============================================================
 
A/N: I'm sorry this chapter took so long to get out! I'll try to be faster with the next one. Don't forget to answer the poll for the next chapter! The point of this series is to have you guys help direct it, that only works if you vote! The poll is in the side bar on my blog.

I know the options aren't as desirable as normal, but you didn't think we were done with drama yet did you?