Intermission

Please Don't Go

Im Meahri's POV

I walk out from the school as I just finished practicing tennis. As I am walking out, I realized Minhyuk is standing under the tree, waiting for me perhaps. ‘Oh .’ I thought to myself. I begin to quicken my paces passing the tree, covering my face with the tennis racket. Deep inside, I hope Minhyuk do not sees me. I’ve been avoiding him ever since his confession. We both go to different school so it’s easier for me to keep avoiding him. I lets out a sigh of relief when I think Minhyuk might not even realize I was already passed by.

“You think I don’t see you huh, Meahri.” Minhyuk suddenly greets, hitting my right shoulder.

I jolt up.

“Ahh you were there. I don’t see you. He he he.” I say, faking a laugh.

“Yeah right. Why are you avoiding me?” He asks.

“Pffft. Avoiding you? When did I?” I am in denial.

Minhyuk then stand in front of me, blocking my way. “You are lying.”

I made a poker face. I move aside. He moves along too. I keep trying to walk away from him, but he keeps blocking me. I let out a deep sigh as I stare at him. This really pissed me off.

“If you’re looking for an answer, I can’t answer you now. You’re my friend, Minhyuk-ah.”

“I am not here for that.” he simply says.

He says that with straight face, serious tone in his voice. I look at him with questioning face.

“Jonghyun, he got admitted last few days. He’s sick. Really sick.”

I stare blankly at him as I was surprised by the news. I don’t know what to say. My mind goes blank. Minhyuk reaches for my hand; he starts walking, dragging me along with him says, “Let’s go meet him. He needs us. Jonghyun need you.”


Jonghyun's POV

I watch my mom pouring the porridge into a bowl at the bedside. I look at her frail hands, the hands that have been taking care of me. I observe her face, she’s getting more wrinkles than she should have. There’s trail of tears at the corner of her eyes. I know she’s been crying. Every time I got admitted, she’ll be crying. It must have been hurting her, since her one and only son is so sick.

“Jonghyun-ah, here eat your porridge.” She is already sitting at my left side to feed me.

I comply as I open my mouth for a spoonful of her porridge.

“It’s delicious.” I compliment her cooking.

She smiles for the compliment. She extends her right hand to my head and my hair.

“You’ve really grown up, my son.” She simply says, still smiling.

I smile a little, looking back at her. I know what made her say that. I know what’s going on through her mind as she my hair.

“I don’t have much time right omma?” I ask her.

She seems surprised. She clears , putting the bowl down on the bedside table. She gets up from her seat as she says, “Ah I forgot something. I’ll be back later okay.”

I just nod my head. She keeps maintaining her smiling face, but I can hear her voices cracking. As she leaves the room, I know she’s going to cry somewhere. I know my words; the truth is hurting her. The fact that I don’t have much time is hurting me too. I swallow hard, holding back myself from crying.


Krystal's POV

The 3 days 2 nights MT just finished. It was both exciting and exhausting. We, the exhausted students are lining up, waiting for the bus to come. It’s finally the time to be back home. I look around, looking for my boyfriend, Jongin. Hmmm boyfriend? That still sounds weird to me. Out of many names I had call him, he’s now a boyfriend to me. I smile to myself as I think about it.

“You must have gone crazy, smiling by yourself like that. Tsk tsk tsk.”

I look to my side as I already knew who might have said that and I was right. A blonde hair, ridiculously handsome guy is standing beside me. Oh, I just said it right? Handsome. I squint my eye at him. He just smiles like an idiot to me. He thought I didn’t heard him since I am wearing earphone on both of my ears. I flicked his forehead. He cringes in pain as he rubs his forehead.

“You heard me? What are you listening to?” He asks, still rubbing his forehead.

“Our favourite song.” I say as I hand one of the earphones to him.

He excitedly takes it and put it into his ear, he listens for a while when slowly his face changes.

“This is not our favourite, this is your favourite. The rookie idol group with many members. Huh. What do you like so much about them?” He complained.

“It’s Exo. There are not many of them, just 12. I don't know. They are cool.” I say as I smile proudly.

“Just 12? That’s too many and they look the same to me. Do you even can tell them apart?” He asks again.

“Of course I can. Kai is my favourite.” I say as I giggle, look a lot like a fangirl.

“Is he even better than me?” Jongin asks, sounds jealous.

“Aigoo~~ are you jealous Jongin-sshi?” I ask, teasing him. I can see he’s already pouting. I wrap my hands around his arm.

“Of course you are, Jongin-ah.” I say as I plant a kiss on his cheek. I can see he’s smiling now. This always works on him. Tsk, he does acts like a kid. ert kid.

“How about here?” he asks as he points to his lips.

“No way. You ert ahjusshi.” I say, stuck out my tongue at him. He whines.

“Tsk. Okay, let’s bet on something. The loser grants the winner’s wish.” He suggest, jerking his eyebrows.

“A bet on what?” I ask, curious of what kind of bet he’s thinking of.

“I say, it will be raining today.”

“What? No way. The sky is sunny and clear.” I say as I point up to the sky.

“Well, up to you. We’ll see later.” he replies, sound confident on his intuition.

“Okay gentleman. I agree. Let’s bet on this.” I comply, hoping he’ll lose the bet.

We seal the deal with a handshake. He throws this kind of sly look at me. Uh-oh, I might lose this bet.


Suzy's POV

I ride the bus which is heading to my hometown; the place where I spent my childhood life. There is so much I’ve been through for the past few months and last night was the last straw. I can’t bear it anymore. I am tired. I can’t fully blame him on this. I love him, but I need time. Leaving is the only thing I can think of for the moment. I observe the silver ring with half of heart carved on it, which I still wear on my left finger. The other half is carved on Oppa’s ring. It’s a simple ring with lots of meanings, holding promises between two people. I wonder what changes, that made us fell apart like this.

Suddenly, I can feel my phone vibrating in my right pants’ pocket. I know who’s been calling me. I’ve been ignoring his calls. I am still mad for what he said. I take out the phone from my pocket, feeling tempted to answer the call. I keep staring at the phone’s screen with Oppa’s name pops out. The phone is ringing longer than before. Should I? I was contemplating to answer the call. Somehow, it softened my heart. My heart is screaming to answer the call.

I take a deep breath as I quickly turn off my phone. I can’t let this get to me. I have to be firmed on this. I am sorry Oppa. Just for a moment, just for now, I need time for myself. I am sorry.


Kim Soohyun's POV

I fetch a taxi, heading to bus station. I know where Suzy is and where she might be heading to. Because I know her really well, I know she hate taking the train and she is heading to our hometown; the place where we spent our childhood life. I dialed her number again. This is the nth time I am calling Suzy’s phone. I have lost count of how many I’ve been calling her. I look out from the window, it’s raining. I am worried for her. She might be feeling cold.

As I expected, she’s still not answering her phone. I want to apologize as soon as possible. I am afraid it might be too late for me. I try to call again when I was greeted by a voice mail. She is already turned off her phone.

‘Please leave your message after the beep’

I take a deep breath.

“Suzy-ah. I-I actually am not sure of what to say but I am really sorry. I just want you to know that I realized  I was overboard and you have the right to be mad at me. I am a jerk. You can hit me as many times as you want if we meet later.” I chuckle as I think of her pouting face.

I clear my throat continue saying;

“Suzy-ah, I am coming for you. You know right, I am a loyal man. I’ll keep my promises. Stay there, I’ll catch you. Honestly, I need you badly. I need you and our baby.” I smile I said that, imagining our future.

“I won’t let you go again this time. So, stay put. Take care of yourself and our baby.”

The taxi arrived at the bus station soon as I ended the call. It's raining heavily, I run toward the counter ticket. So, this is it. I am coming for you Bae Suzy. 

“Ahjumma, one ticket to S town please.” I said, panting.

“Aigoo young man, the buses aren’t going there today. There’s a massive accident at the highway heading there.”

“What?” I ask, stunned.

“Haven’t you heard the news? This might be the worst ever happen. Tsk tsk. Their family might be worried.” The ahjumma explains as she shows me her phone. The news was all over the media.

I read the news as my heart skips a beat. I can feel goose bumps all over my body. The first thing that come into my mind, Suzy! She might be in the bus.


BREAKING NEWS

‘A massive accident just happened at the highway heading to S town and back to the city. The traffic accident involved many vehicles including two buses which one of them is carrying a trip of university students.  As for now, there are 30 injured victims while 5 died at the scene. The total number of victims involved is still unknown and the number of casualties and injured is increasing. As we were informed earlier, the accident might be due to the slippery road since it’s been raining for few hours already. Apparently, this might be the worst traffic accident ever happen over past few years. We will come back more about the accident live from the scene after this.’


Things happened for a reason.

But when a tragedy hit them, can they handle it?

 

 

Thanks for all the support dear readers ^^

I'll try to update ASAP :*