Kai&Krystal; That kid

Please Don't Go

Present

“Anneyong Soojung-ie.” Jongin greets as he sit in front of Soojung. Soojung’s eyes widen. She’s so surprised that she almost choke her food.

“Anneyong.” She says as she looks at somewhere else except Jongin. Ever since she confessed to him, she’s been avoiding him. She makes up reasons for not meeting him. Jongin never really mention about the confession.

“So, Soojung-ah. Are you going to the MT or not?” Jongin asks, he rests his chin on his right hand. Looks straight at her.

“I don’t know.” She replies coldly as she keeps stuffing food into . She wants to finish eating quickly.

“Oh? Why? It’s not fun if you weren’t there.” He says as he pouts. Acting cute in front of Soojung.

She rolls her eyes in annoyance, finishing the last bite. Soojung grabs her bag,put it over her shoulder. She stands up, getting ready to leave the clueless guy. 

"Soojung-ah! Where are you going?" Jongin calls out her name. Almost shouting.

Still, she don't even bother to glance back at him. She just walks out of the cafeteria heading to elsewhere. Jongin gets up from his seat, dashes off to exit the place. He looks around, looking for Soojung. But she's nowhere to be seen. He keeps looking around, hoping he will catch a glimpse of her. Then, from his sight, he can see a figure, Soojung is sitting under a shady tree. A smile creeps into his face, feeling relieve that he found her. 

"What are you thinking about? with that frowning face?" Jongin says, panting a bit.

"Spill it out Soojung-ah. I am not a mind reader." He sounds serious as he sits beside her, leaning his side closer to her.

Soojung lets out a heavy sigh. She turns to look at him. He don't even make a silly face like he always do. 

"Well I...I just confessed to you days ago with that puffy face and oh my god it was embarassing! Also, you didn't even say anything about it. It's not like.." She stops for a while, looking at the leave that falls on her lap. Jongin pulls his legs closer to his chest, wrap his hand around it. Listening to her attentively.

"It's not like I am hoping for something or so.It's just..if you want to walk away, just leave. Reject me already." She picks the leave, playing with it. "Stop giving me hopes. Stop acting nice. Just be the jerk you always be. Tease me. A lot.." She stares back at him. "If you aren't feeling the same as me, please do that. I am not that tough girl you saw when were kid.." her voices sounds shaky. "I...I am just a girl with a fragile heart, easy to hurt. So, please..stop hurting me." Soojung quickly looks away. Holding back her tears.

She heard a heavy sigh coming out from Jongin. Then she heard a chuckles. She looks at him weirdly. 

"You just overthink." Jongin says as he tosses his wallet to Soojung.

He gestures at her, to open his wallet while she still has this confusing face on her. Slowly, she opens the wallet, showing a passport size picture at the front. She looks surprised. 

"This picture.." she says as she looks at Jongin who is leaning closer to her, smiling. 


Flashback;4 years ago, Soojung's POV

"Ahjumma, 2 cups of tteokbukki." I ordered at the stall, nudging Jongin at my side.

"What?" 

"Yah, pay for these." I said as I took the cups with both hands. Grinned at him widely

"Geez this girl." Jongin shook his head as he pulls out his wallet from his back pocket, paid for the food.

"Oh what's that?" I asked as I saw a passport-sized picture in his wallet. I handed him a cup of tteokbukki.

"What what?" Jongin asked back. Looking confused as he took the cup into his hand. 

"The picture. Whose picture is that?" I asked, still munching. 

Jongin chuckled. "No one."

"You liar. My eyes never lie." I said with mouth full of food. I squinted my eyes at him. 

Jongin stared back at me. He giggled as he extended his hand out to the left side of my lips, wiping off the sauce.

"Oh thanks." I wiped off the side of my lips with my thumb.

He ruffled my hair, "You are keeping your hair?"

"Yeah. My dad does a lot of nags on how I should act more like a girl. pffftt. Hey come on. Tell me. Whose picture ? Your crush? but it looks like a boy to me." I continued babbling. 

"Just someone." Jongin said, smiling.

"Someone like? Who?" I asked again, looking at him attentively. Still munching my favourite snack.

"Hmm..you can say, it's someone I like?" Jongin was slightly blushing.

"Wuuuu~~so greasy. So, who is it?" I said, teasing him.

"Nah, not gonna tell you about this one." He anwered as he walked away from me. 

"Why not? Yah! You creepy stalker! I am  your friend right?" I caught up to him, wrapped my left hand around his neck. 

He just continued laughing, ignoring my questions. I was so curious, who was it that he likes so much that he kept it a secret from me?


Present

"So,,,it was me?" Soojung aks. Still staring at the picture of a short-haired, 13 year old kid, with a grin on her face. Feeling confused.

Jongin who is sitting besides her, just nods his head. 

"It was you and it's still you." Jongin says, smiling.

Soojung can feel her both cheeks is flushing red. "I didn't know. I mean, I never knew. But, why? I look like a boy here."

She glances at him. 

"I don't know. I just knew that I like you." Jongin answers, staring at her. 

They both are looking at each other. She can feel her heart skips a beat. Jongin leans closer to her. She don't even move. She now can hears the sounds of heart thumping. He tilts his head as they are just a few inches away. She closes her eyes. Jongin finally planted a soft kiss on her lips. It was just a brief moment but her heart is beating crazily. After a moment, Jongin pulls away. Slowly, she opens her eyes. She's blushing a bit. Jongin clears his throat, to break the awkward yet good moment.

He runs his fingers on his blonde hair, and says, "So, stop over-think. The reason why I never really mention about the confession is that I want to confess to you. Properly. Not like this."

They both chuckles. It's funny how friends can be a.....lover?

"But it feels weird." Jongin suddenly says.

Soojung's eyes widen. "What's weird?"

"The kiss." He says, grinning at her. 

"Yah! what the hell. You just kissed me and you said it's weird." She hits his arm

"Ouch. It hurts." He says as he pretends like he's in pain. 

"You ert." She sticks her tongue out. Teasing him.

"You like it right?" He teases her back, jerking his eyebrows.

"What the..." Soojung is getting ready to hit him again. Jongin quickly moves away, trying to avoid her hitting him. He laughs as she fails to do so. Soojung pouts. They continue bickering at each other, like they always do. They never really change, their friendship just deepens and love grows between them.

 



'And they live happily ever after',

do they really deserve that?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the delay T.T