Searching

Please Don't Go

LATEST NEWS

“Good afternoon. I am Park Soojin reporting live from the scene where the accident happened. As you can see right now, it’s chaos everywhere. The rescuers are doing their best to save as many lives as they can. Every victims has been sent to the General Hospital. From the information we got, there was a trip of college students involved. The number of casualties is increasing, and we were informed that it might reached to 100 of them. For more information, please contact the hospital at 01X-XXXXXXX. As for the cause of the accident, inspector Kim will comment on this."

"Thank you Soojin-sshi. From what we've seen so far, there was landslide not far from here. A car driver at the front might have noticed this and he stopped so suddenly, thus causing this tragic accident. I am sorry to say this, but the driver is severely injured and was sent to the hospital. Who caused this accident isn't important; as for now, I hope every citizens out there pray for their safety. This is one of the most tragic accident we ever had in our country."

"Thank you Inspector Kim. Let's hope and pray for the best. I am Park Soojin, KBC news. Back to the studio."


Earlier…

I was standing in the middle of nowhere. It was a strange place that I’ve never seen before. It seems calm and peaceful. I could hear the sounds of birds chirping. It smells like after rain with white mist around, enveloping my feet as I keep looking around. I was confused.

“Jongin-ah~~”

I turned around. That voices, belongs to a familiar voice. It sounded dearly to me, the voice that I longed for. It was Soojung’s. my eyes looked around, searching for her.

“Jongin~~” she called again in between her giggles.

This time, I could see her standing few feet away from me. She was smiling at me. She looked beautiful with her hair blewn away by the gentle breeze. I smiled back and began walking towards her.

All of sudden, the beautiful weather changed into dark, terrifying thunder and storm. The thunder bolt kept hitting the ground as though it was aiming at us. I looked at Soojung. She was frowning, covering both of her ears, afraid of the thunder.

“Soojung-ah!” I screamed at her as I ran to her.

Rain started to fall down recklessly. It slowed down my paces as it was hard to see in the harsh weather. I ran with all my might but my legs felt heavy. Slowly, Soojung fade away from my sight. I stopped running and started screaming her name. No answer. My chest moved up and down, panting. It was like a dream. Just in a minute the weather changed, just like that; Soojung disappear. Just like a dream. Just like a nightmare.

Suddenly it hit me, it IS a nightmare.


Jongin opened his eyes. He was breathing heavily. It was a dream and he was lying on the cold hard ground. What happened? He got up quickly, brushed off the dirt on his pants and shirts. He could feel his whole body was hurting. He touched his forehead, it stings a bit. He looked up on the sky, it was dark and cloudy. He looked around, it was chaotic everywhere. Wreckage all over the place. People were running to help; people screaming, crying for help. There were ambulances’ sirens heard. He tried to recall of what happened earlier.

He was in the bus. They were all in the bus. Most of them were sleeping. It was raining heavily and everything happened so fast. It was once sunny day, became dark and cloudy. The bus suddenly skidded and loss of control. Soojung was sitting beside him, she was holding tightly on his arm. He remembered, he almost lose his grip on her when the bus turnover, hitting the roadside. After that, everything was blurry to him.

He wondered, what might have happened to others? He began to panic, he couldn’t see Soojung anywhere near his sights. He began walking, almost running towards their toppled bus. He was hoping he found Soojung there, in one pieces, still alive.

‘Oh God. Don’t let anything happen to Soojung. You can hurt me but not her. Don’t even take her away from me.  Please.’ He prayed in his heart.

As Jongin was rushing, he suddenly heard a faint crying of help. It was faint but clear to him. He thought he was imagining things until it was heard closer and louder this time. It came from the bushes nearer where he stood. He was sure of what he heard. It was a female’s voice, crying for help. As he went closer, he could see a woman lying below a chunk of metal. His heart almost stopped. It could be Soojung. He came running to her sides and was disappointed yet was relieved when it wasn’t Soojung. The woman looked like she’s in her 20s. She was awake, breathing heavily and barely moving. Over half of her body was stuck under the metal. He tried to lift the metal, but the strength of a 20 year-old boy was nothing compared to it.

“Excuse me, agasshi. Are you still there?” He asked as he went near her sides. He remembered first step in giving first aid; talk to the victim.

She nodded weakly, “Yes.”

“I am sorry agasshi. But I think I have to seek for help. I have to find someone to lift this thing.” Jongin said.

"It's Suzy." She said, panting.

"What?"

"Just call me Suzy."

"Okay. Suzy-sshi. I have to go find someone, to lift this thing. You understood right?" He asked, to check whether she's still conscious.

Suzy just nodded  weakly.

"I'll be quick. Stay strong, Suzy-sshi." he said as he briefly squeezed her hand.


Present

Soohyun arrived at the General Hospital as soon as he saw the news. He's been calling Suzy but no matter how many times he tried, it never reached her. He came to the hospital to prove that he was wrong. Somehow, he wants to believe that Suzy is somewhere out there, safe and sound. He walked to the waiting area. It's quite packed and havoc there. There are parents crying, brothers and friends screaming at the nurse. They must have been anxious waiting for the news of their beloved ones. 

"Excuse me. I am here for one of the victims. My fiancee might be one of them." He asked the nurse at the counter.

"Might? You are not very sure aren't you. Hmm.. actually we don't have the name list yet;thus explain the havoc here. I am really sorry. Can you please kindly wait sir?" The nurse said.

Kim Soohyun just nodded lightly as he leans on the wall, watching his surrounding. He lets out a sigh. No matter how much he tried to deny, there is this feeling saying that something happened to Suzy. 

"I am really sorry for the inconvenience. I understand everyone here is very anxious and I am really sorry for that. As for now, I'll release a few pictures taken of unknown identity. The name list will be released soon. On this left board is the pictures of the injured ones, and on the right one is the dead. I really sorry for your loss." A nurse announced after the long wait. 

After the anouncement, those guys who had been waiting long enough hurriedly go to see the boards. Some of them whimper and cry, some lets out a relieved sigh. Soohyun could hear his heart beating. Slowly, he walks toward the boards. Many kinds of 'what if' events are playing in his head. He takes a deep breath as he begin searching for Suzy's face at one of the board, his eyes begin to feel hot. Without him knowing, his tears are running down his cheek.


Earlier.....

Jongin was running aimlessly, looking for rescue. The woman, whose name was Suzy was in danger. She looked like she was losing so much blood. 

“Hey you. Blonde kid.” He turned around when he heard a young woman, wearing a green scrub shirt with stethoscope on her pocket. She was running towards him; she had this big bag slung over her left shoulder while holding a first aid kit on her other hand.

“Are you okay? Are you aware of what happened?” He just stared back at her, looking confused.

“I am Dr. Jihyo. Let me take a look at your wound and examine you okay?” 

"I am okay." He said as he pushed away her hand.

“What’s your name?” She asked, to check whether he’s conscious of himself or not.

“Jongin. Kim Jongin.” He answered. She wrote his name on the card and pasted the card on his shirt.

"I am really fine. Quick, follow me. There's someone need your help. More than I do." He said, as he pulled her hand.

Dr. Jihyo complied, as she started running with him. She was surprised to see Suzy stucked under big chunk of metal.

She begin checking Suzy's consciousness, "I believe you are Suzy-sshi right?" 

Suzy nodded lightly.

Dr. Jihyo started to check her vital signs. She made a call from her phone, asking for help to lift the metal. Unfortunately, they might be quite late since they were short of crews to help around. 

"Jongin-sshi, I need your help. You have to hold Suzy for me." Dr. Jihyo instructed.

"What? Me? Are you sure?" he asked nervously.

"There's no one other than you right now. Quick!" She said again, almost screaming at him.

He quickly went to Suzy's side, holding her firmly.

"Suzy-sshi. You have an open fracture on your left leg. I have to stop the bleeding. This can be really painful, but please bear with it."

Again, Suzy just nodded, frowning in pain. Dr. Jihyo started to apply pressure on the fracture to stop the bleeding and quickly a bandage over the fracture. Suzy grunts in pain, it was the most painful experience she ever had.

"Oh god, I thought I already stopped the bleeding. But you're still bleeding. I couldn't see where is this coming from." Dr. Jihyo begins to worry as she put a new a pack of blood on her. 

"Oh--God...Doctor, I think I know why. I am pregnant. I think, I--I had miscarriage." Suzy explained, whimpers, as she began to realize that she was losing her baby. 

Both of Jongin and the doctor was surprised. Jongin quickly stood up, looking for the crews. If this goes on, Suzy might even lost her life from losing too much blood. 


Present

Jonghyun put aside the comic book he was reading, reaching for the mug filled with water instead. He's been like this for a while. His mother just went home after a few times he forced her to. She was sleep deprived ever since he got admitted into the hospital. Of course. he understood.It is frightening when your only son suddenly collapse in the middle of the night. It was even worse when 'this only son' is a ticking bomb but somehow, he feels perfectly fine when the fact is, he is not.

He stretches out his limbs. His body is aching, he hasn’t been moving around so much ever since he got admitted. He takes the remote control and switch on the television. He keep changing channels as none of it interest him until he came across a news; “A massive accident just happen this early morning…..”

No wonder the hospital is busier than ever, he thought as he looks out from the window, watching the white vans keep coming with medical teams receiving the stretcher coming out from it. He switched off the tv. He had enough of this near-death experience.

He got out from his bed, walking through the hallway while dragging his IV line by his side. His doctor, Dr. Kim Jaejoong advised that it was best for him if he walked around, slowly but avoid from taking the stairs. He chuckled, finding it funny that he now looks like an old man.

“Jonghyun-ah, you okay walking around like this?” A nurse passing by asked him.

“Yes, don’t worry noonim.” He said,

The hospital itself is like a 2nd home to him. The staffs and nurses there are quite familiar with him.

As Jonghyun continues walking, he saw a guy is struggling with the vender machine. The guy keep knocking on the machine, but not losing his temper yet. Looking at that guy, Jonghyun seems to know him. As he gets closer, he smiled, knowing that he’s not wrong about knowing this guy.

“Breaking the machine won’t make the water can come out though.” He said as he approached the said guy.

“Oh sorry. I didn’t meant to break anything but this machine..”

“Anneyong Soohyun hyung.” Jonghyun greets, smiling widely showing his dimple.

“Oh Jonghyun-ah. What a surprise seeing you here.

Jonghyun smile as they exchange hugs.

"Are you having trouble with the machine hyung?"

"Ahh.. yeah. sort of." Soohyun answered, scratching the back of his head.

Then Jonghyun bend down, his hand reaching for the compartment at the bottom, "Hyung, let me tell you a secret. This machine has a trick to it. No matter how hard you knock on it, it still won't come out. So, you just have to shove your hand into this and pull the can out. Classic right?" 

He explained as he pulled out the coffee can for Soohyun.

"Ahh I see. I'll keep that in mind. So Jonghyun-ah, how are you?"

"Fine. Just fine for now. You know me hyung."

"Yeah right. But I thought you're back on your feet already."

"Nah. I am still waiting for heart. A new brand heart." Jonghyun said, lightly patting on his chest.

Soohyun just nodded silently as he continues sipping on the coffee. Jonghyun glances at him, wondering to himself what brings Soohyun, his former tutor here. This hyung who now is standing beside him looks like a mess.

"You heard the news regarding the road accident?" Soohyun starts the conversation.

Jonghyun just nods his head.

"My fiancee was there." 

"Oh god. I am so soryy to hear that. How is she?" he said, surprised by the news he just heard.

"I don't know yet. I am waiting for the name list. You know, earlier they put up a list and pictures of those who died and could not be identified and for a moment there I thought I saw her face in one of those pictures. Then my heart...it felt like it stops beating. I never knew losing someone, the feeling of getting left behind could be this frightening."

"You know what hyung, that's what I am worried about. Leaving those people I love behind. But as time passed by, people forget, they move on. Right?"

Soohyun smiles briefly, "People don't forget, they just don't remember. The memories you have, it stay with you. No matter how long time has passed by."

He turned to Jonghyun as he lightly pats his shoulder, "You must be scared right? Remember this, you are precious to someone. We all are. And stop talking like you are going to die, that's a bad habit."

Jonghyun lets out a little chuckles, "I got it hyung. But it's the truth."

Soohyun frowns a bit, "You'll get your heart. It's just a matter of time. Keep praying kiddo." He added as he playfully Jonghyun's head.

Jonghyun just smile, 'That's the problem. I don't have much time.'


Earlier, Krystal's POV

“We should be going first Soojung-ah. I am sure he’s doing fine out there.” Amber said as she held Soojung’s left hand, forbidding her from searching for Jongin.

“No, I should have looked for him.” I said, trying to free my self from Amber’s firm hold. My rmovement was restricted since I broke my right hand.

“You heard them right. Nobody saw him there. Maybe he’s been transported to the hospital. Let’s just pray that he’s safe somewhere else. That’s the best we can do right now. It’s dangerous for you to go out there.”

“But what if he’s still lying out there, bleeding or god forbid, dying!” I said, sound desperate.

“For god sake Jung Soojung!” Amber raised her voices, this time holding both of my shoulders. I was startled, on the verge of crying.

“Stop being childish. People die today. Our classmates, some of them didn’t make it and die today. So, can you please for once stop thinking of jongin and think of your own safety. I can’t afford to lose another friend. Please.” Amber finished her sentence, almost begging to me.

She told me earlier she found me lying unconsciously and for a while, she thought I was a goner. Luckily, I woke up after one of the rescuer performed a CPR on me and ever since I was conscious until now, I’ve been asking about Jongin.

I cried. Sobbing in my tears, “But..Jongin. I am afraid something bad happened to him.”

Amber pulled me into a hug, “He’ll be fine. You said it yourself right that he’s a tough guy.”

I sobbed silently as I pulled myself from the hug. I wiped away my tears. I lookep up to Amber, only then I noticed that she had deep cut in her left arm, few bruises on her face and hands. ‘I am a bad friend’ I think to myself.

“I’ll board the next ambulance.” I said. Amber nods, smiling happily that she’s able to convince me.

Few feets away from where I stand, I could see a team of medical rescuer is rushing through, lifting along a stretcher with them. “Coming through!” One of them said. They quickly board the ambulance. That patient must have been in critical state. Not far from them, there was a figure standing, watching the ambulance leave. That figure which I am really familiar with.

“Jongin..” I said under my breath.

“What? Do you still--- “

“No. It’s really Jongin.” I said, beaming into smile as I point towards him.

Amber turn around, “You’re right. That’s him. Yah! Kim Jongin.” 


Jongin’s POV

“Yah! Kim Jongin.”

I heard someone called me. I turned to see Amber waving at me with Soojung standing behind her. I waved back. I rushed quickly towards them.

“See, told ya. He’s fine.” Amber said as she playfully punched my right shoulder.

I looked at Soojung, she was on the verge of tears.

“I am glad I found you,. Are you okay? What happens to your hand? Are you hurt anywhere els?” I asked questions, non stop. I noticed small cuts on her left eyebrows, her right hand was bandaged for a reason.

“I am fine, pabo-yah. I just broke my arm.” She said, still suppressing her tears. I smile as I pulled her into a hug.

“It’s fine to cry. What a relief that you’re fine.” Soojung began to cry. I pat her back slowly.

“She cries a lot today.” Amber said teasing Soojung.

Soojung releases me from the hug, as she shoot a glare to Amber. I laughed seeing them teasing each other.

“What about you? Are you really okay?” Soojung asked when she has calmed down.

“I am fine. I just had this small cut.” I said, pointing to my forehead.

“That’s a relief then.” She said smiling. I tucked her hair behind her ear as I leaned to kiss her forehead.

“Urghh. Get a room.” Amber said, annoyed by the act. We just laughed it off. I am glad that God heard my prayer. Soojung was safe and sound.

All of sudden, my sights began to look fuzzy; I could hear ringing sounds in my ears. I tried to shake it off, but it didn’t go away. I could see that Amber was saying something. “What?” I said in between, trying to comprehend what she was saying. I barely could hear her. I felt nausea, my head; it felt like it was spinning around. I tried to shake it off again. I could see that look on Soojung’s face, she was frowning. Slowly, my sights were getting darker; the surrounding turned black and white. I swallowed hard. ‘No, not now. Not like this.’ Just like that, my sights turn black, pitch black. 


 

 

I know, I am far too late updating this story. T.T I am sorry btw.

I was too occupied with exams and other stuff. Plus the main poster fr this fic suddenly went missing T.T

For the next chapter, it'll be a while. teehee :p Happy reading fellas ;)

I'd be glad if you leave a comment ^^