Two

That Woman I Love

TWO

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes when she saw her younger sister’s boyfriend approaching. She scowled some more when Seohyun stood and took her clutch on the table. “Where do you think you’re going?”

 

“To Young Woon,” Seohyun said matter-of-factly.

 

“Didn’t we all agree that it’s no-boyfriend night?”

 

“I didn’t know he’ll be here.”

 

“Ya, go along, Seo.” It was Fany who cut in, “Just come back soon.”

 

“Hey!” Taeng protested.

 

“Ya,” Sooyoung stretched her long legs in front of her and mumbled rather loudly, “Why do you hate that guy so much? He’s handsome, he came from a well-off family an—“

 

“And he’s totally smart, Unnie!” Seohyun added.

 

“I don’t care even if he’s the king of Comoros! Kim Seohyun, you are not going anywhere with him right now!”

 

“I’m going and you can’t stop me. By the way, there’s no king in Comoros and do you even know where on earth that place is?”

 

“YAH! I HEARD THAT!”

 

“Just let it go, Taengoo-ya, we’re here to have fun!” Yuri chuckled. That bantering of the Kim sisters has always been a good appetizer.

 

When the waitress came and took their orders, the whole rambling was forgotten and they started sharing stories and laughter. It was, after all, another break from their usual sched in the university and their individual activities.

 

“Uhm… sorry, love,” Sica linked her arm with Yuri’s and affectionately whispered, “For not going to your competition yesterday. Bonding time with mommy and Krys.”

 

“That’s okay, there’s nothing you missed.”

 

“Oh, you just missed the second place medal,” Hyoyeon said hiding a chuckle.

 

Yoona added with the same poker face, “And the roaring fanboys for the second placer.”

 

“The fanboys who only came to cheer on her blessed lump of holy smokin’ y and not for the strokes and the backstrokes,” Taeyeon grinned.

 

“Whatever,” Yuri rolled her eyes but with a giggle as the others laughed, “And thanks for over-emphasizing the second thing.”

 

“That’s okay, love…” Sica chuckled, “You’re always the first for us.”

 

Hyo replied, “Yeah, and to your fanboys.”

 

The conversation shifted to Yoona’s fanboys and samchon fans; then to her upcoming movie. Afterward, they asked Sooyoung’s plan to create her own fashion line and maybe take a crash course on design in Paris. If their individual schedules permit, they would all go and join her. It was then they started to reminisce some funny events that happened during their last winter trip in Hokkaido.

 

The varied topic suddenly focused on the who’s-who inside the bar that night. Each scanned the horde of people and whispered and laughed with each other. They shared secret giggles and scowls while observing some interesting faces around them like ordinary giggly girls who didn’t really care about anyone else but each other.

 

Out of the blue, Sunny exclaimed and pointed at the far corner of the room, "Omo, is that—“

 

They all looked and shot each other a knowing glance until Taeyeon finally grumbled addressing a particular someone in the group, “Why in hell is he here?”

 

Sica raised both hand as if in surrender, “Hey, hey… save that thought, woman. I just saw him too!

 

“He’s, like, your cousin?

 

“And so I must know the schedules of every member of the Jung family?”

 

“Girls… girls… lighten up…” Sunny let out an exasperated sigh as they continued looking at the guy who was watching the girl from across the room.

 

~~~

 

From the moment they walked in, Yonghwa didn’t peel his gaze off the group, especially at Seohyun. How she changed a lot. It seemed that the strong energy of her unnies got rubbed on her that she really became one of them—no longer the innocent and clueless little girl. Then he shook his head. All his life, he had seen her that way but it all ended that fateful afternoon that changed the course of their lives together.

 

Everything changed that day.

 

For one, Yonghwa lost her. And the rest were just the aftermath of it.

 

Suddenly curious of what was happening, he thought that one of the girls saw him because Seohyun stood and Taeyeon looked pissed. They exchanged a few words before the youngest finally step out of their corner and walked ahead. It became clear to him that she was walking towards this man.

 

She smiled. Her eyes sparkled agonizingly pretty as the guy took her hand and led her to the bar.

 

They were talking and laughing, which he found surprisingly unbearable, for what seemed to be like forever. He gulped his beer straight from the bottle and thank goodness his company was minding their own business.

 

That moment, he wished she would turn and see him.

 

So, he did cast the spell.

 

Look this way. Look this way

 

And for whatever reason, he wanted her to look his way and see him there—in one room with her: crowded room.

 

That moment, he wished he has his guitar with him to let his fingers take command of his feelings.

 

Suddenly, in a slow-motion, Seohyun’s eyes lazily scanned the crowd and absentmindedly found herself looking his way.

 

This time, Yonghwa wished she didn’t.

 

They locked glances.

 

Eye to eye.

 

The beating of their hearts synchronized with the booming music.

 

They both wondered which was louder.

 

It was Seohyun who turned away and faced the guy. She tiptoed closer to say something and he nodded. They walked towards her unnies.

 

Yonghwa had this sudden urge to stand, go where they were and face whoever’s wrath he needed to face.

 

The guy dropped a kiss on her forehead.

 

It wasn’t a pretty sight at all.

 

~~~

 

“Did she see him?”

 

“I think she did.”

 

“Look at him! Is he jealous or something?”

 

“Do you think he’s drunk?”

 

“Oh my god.”

 

“Hey! You’re drinking from my glass.”

 

“Ooppps, sorry.”

 

“There’s your glass, stupid.”

 

“Oh, thanks.”

 

“God, it’s sooooo hot in here. Can we like move somewhere near the aircon or something?”

 

“Here, fan yourself.”

 

“Argh…”

 

"Or you can take your clothes off."

 

"Shut up, byuntaeng."

 

“What do we do now, unnie?”

 

“Should we do something?”

 

“What can we do? Suggestions, anyone?”

 

“Shhh… here she comes,” Sica said and wore her let’s-pretend-there’s-nothing-wrong face, “Hey love, back too soon?”

 

“Yeah, I’m suddenly feeling nauseous,” Seohyun dropped on the nearest seat her could fall onto.

 

The older girls exchanged looks.

 

“We better go home then,” Taeyeon attempted to sound uninterested, “Anyway, it’s getting pretty boring here.”

 

“No, we just got here. Don't mind me.” She tried to smile. “I’ll go alone, Unnie. I’ll take a cab.”

 

“I just sent message to my driver, he’ll drive you home,” Sica said as she put her phone beside her.

 

“No, I’ll go with you.”

 

“Unnie, please?” Seohyun rolled her eyes since her older sister is trying to get in her nerves again, “Not now?”

 

Fany finally held Taeyeon’s hand, “Yeah, just send us message when you get home.”

 

Taeyeon mouthed a what-the-hell at Fany so she leaned closer and replied, “You heard her; she wants to be alone.”

 

“It wasn’t what I heard.”

 

“Just shut up, Kim Taeyeon,” Fany grumbled and stood, “I’ll walk you there.”

 

“Me too,” Sunny stood and the others agreed to follow— even the already pissed Taeyeon. Everybody except, of course, Jessica Jung who remained seated and was fumbling with her phone.

 

Yoona stopped, “Sica Unnie, you’re not coming?”

 

“Huh?” She looked up for a moment then back at her phone, “A princess never walks anybody out.”

 

“Wow… chincha…” Sooyoung scowled and acted like throwing her phone at Sica.

 

“What? I mean… who’s going to look after your things?” Sica muttered and everybody groaned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..........................................................

 

 

 

there you go~

thanks for the comments!!!! *____*

but guys, dont really expect me to update everyday (esp this weekend since ill be out)

i'll post as soon as i have new chaps ;)