Nine

That Woman I Love

NINE

 

 

“Hey, Taeng, I think she’s not here…” Fany uttered as she looked over her shoulder shooting a silent signal at Hyo.

 

“Yeah, maybe I got it wrong,” Hyoyeon jumped in.

 

“But—“

 

Sunny crossed her arms on her chest, “Look, we’re wasting our time here.”

 

“Taeyeonah, please?” Hyoyeon patted her friend’s shoulder, “Why don’t you just call her?”

 

“She isn’t answering!”

 

“And it isn’t the first time it happened. Why don’t you trust your sister?”

 

Taeyeon noted the almost peevish tone on Fany’s voice but she snapped back,   “It’s not my sister I don’t trust!”

 

“Aish, then just trust your sister!” Fany lost it, her body seemed to shake with irritation, “Don’t bother about other people, besides, she’s not a kid anymore!”

 

“Yah, Fany-ah— Tiffany!” Yuri called out on Tiffany who stomped away with her stilettos clumping heavily on the marbled floors as she headed towards the exit. Before taking a step to follow her exasperated friend, she turned to Taeyeon, “Taeng… Fany’s mad… for reals…”

 

Taeyeon looked at her other friends as if she needed saving but they just shrugged and walked away leaving her to contemplate on what just happened.

 

~~~

 

“We can’t—I can’t…”

 

“Hyun…”

 

“I have a boyfriend…”

 

It hit him. He remembered the way she smiled when she walked beside that guy at the bar. Was it really too late?

 

“Oppa… I’m sorry…”

 

“No… I’m sorry.” Yonghwa watched her pace, unable to look at him anymore. “I’m sorry but I’m not so sorry that I kissed you.”

 

“This is too messed up!” She grumbled.

 

“Hyun… hey…”

 

“Oppa, I only came here… I only wanted to talk to you because we didn’t have a closure. At least, I don’t want us to be indifferent.”

 

“Closure? We didn’t even begin because I was too stupid and too blind then.”

 

She shook her head; it was definitely going out of hand.

 

“Hyun,” Yonghwa grabbed her wrist stopping her from her track, “Look at me… if I knew then… Hyun, I would have been your first kiss.”

 

“Oppa… isn’t it too late for this?” She felt herself choke. Her body won’t relax and tears were ready to fall. For whatever reason she wanted to cry, she couldn’t quite figure out. Perhaps it was the way he was holding her gaze. Why was he even saying those things to her now?

 

“You said awhile ago, if you could you would have changed things. Right this moment, there are so many things I want to tell you. So many other things I want to show you… so many but we barely have the time. But right now, let me do this or else I would spend another lifetime wondering what would have been if I didn’t do this…”

 

He deliberately pulled her until there was no distance between them. But she took a step back. One step forward for him; one step backwards for her until her back fell on the glass window trapped in his hands.

 

Yonghwa rested his hands on her waist as their lips met again. This time it was more intense, forgetting what she said that she belonged to someone else. It was like Yonghwa was giving her a reason to change her mind and be his instead. He charged in massaging his tongue on hers; feeding himself in frenzy and making sure as hell that this one kiss she would never forget.

 

Despite herself, she responded to the kiss— she kissed him with the same intensity and longing because she knew it was the only moment they could share. Truth be told, Seohyun wanted him as well, but everything was different now. Overwhelmed and consumed, she found herself replying on his sweet moans riveting on every tip of her nerves.

 

Just this one. She assured herself.

 

But it was getting longer than expected. Hotter than it should be.

 

Her phone beeped and they both almost jumped away from each other astounded of the sudden distraction.

 

Seohyun bit her lips as if too guilty with how swollen they probably looked while watching him for a moment as he ran a hand on his disheveled hair. Did I do that? Damn, Oppa looks hot! Seohyun reprimanded her nasty thoughts and kicked herself inside as she finally grabbed her phone.

 

Get your in here before your sister outruns you. ~SicaYeoshinUnnie

 

“I—I need to go…” Seohyun clumsily walked through the room and took her bag that managed to find its way on the couch.

 

“Can I see you again?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

Yonghwa walked towards her and grabbed the phone before she could dump it in her bag. “Here’s my number. Call me…”

 

“You won’t get my number?” She absentmindedly asked as she took her phone back.

 

Yonghwa smiled and brushed a finger on her cheek, “Hyun… if you still…. if there is still a part of you that says you want me back in your life, I would wait for you to tell me. I won’t get your number now. You’d let me know, Seohyun…”

 

“I don’t understand…” She muttered. Seohyun didn’t understand what he meant and generally the rest of what just happened the moment she entered that room.

 

Yonghwa smiled wider and shook his head. Seohyun still seemed to be disoriented. Just because he couldn’t help it, he dropped a soft kiss on her forehead. His lips stayed there for a couple of seconds memorizing the subtle sweetness of her scent.  

 

She closed her eyes feeling the warmth of his breath on her skin. It was wrong, of course, considering there is another person she should have kissed instead. Her boyfriend who should be giving her the butterfly effects not this one who was touching her and making her feel all woozy inside and out.

 

It was all wrong but somehow it felt awfully right.

 

Yonghwa pulled away and she opened her eyes, “Go now… before your sister raises hell…”

 

~~~~

 

“Hey…”

 

Krystal spun her desk chair when she heard her sister’s excessively saccharine voice.

 

“Hey, Unnie… are you lost?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You never come to my side of the house, remember?”

 

“Oh,” Sica mumbled looking around her sister’s pastel purple room like it was her first time being there. She must commend her taste. She shook her head when she realized that she got a little distracted, “Hmmm… I need to ask a favor.”

 

“That explains,” Krys stood and faced her sister.

 

“Seohyun’s coming over and Taeyeon’s looking for her, you’re gonna say that Seohyun’s been tutoring you all afternoon.”

 

“Have you heard that lying is bad, Unnnnnnie~?” Krystal emphasized the last word.

 

“I know, Krys, okay?” Sica rolled her eyes.

 

“Why do you even need to cover for Seohyun Unnie?”

 

“Stop asking stupid questions! I’ll do whatever you want. You can get anything in my closet.”

 

“Ohhhhhh, chincha???? Even bags????”

 

“Wow, did your face just light up like bloody Christmas?”

 

“You just said the magic word, Unnie. What can a girl do?”

 

“God, I can’t believe I’m doing this,” Sica mumbled to herself in frustration. “Yes! Whatever! Oh, just not that black Vera Wang handbag or something. Taeng gave it to me for my birthday, she might really kill me when she sees you have it.”

 

“Wow, except that I can take everything.”

 

“Like everything? That was such a lousy joke, Krys.”

 

“Actually, I am dead serious,” Krystal crossed her arms on her chest to challenge her sister, “Just striking while the iron is hot…”

 

Jessica smirked, crossed her arms herself, raised a brow and tapped a foot on the floor that was even hardly making a sound—just for emphasis.

 

Krystal knew there was no way she could intimidate her ice princess of a sister so she rolled her eyes and surrendered, “Fine! I’ll do it.”

 

Finally, Sica beamed then flipped her hair, “That was easy! Okay, she’ll be here anytime soon. Put on your game face, little sis.”

 

“I am wearing it right now, unnie. So, get your precious closet ready.”

 

“Good, whatever.” With that, Sica marched out and composed another message for Seohyun.

 

~~~

 

Unnie, sorry, just read your messages! I’m at Sica Unnie’s house tutoring Krys. What’s up? Call me? XOXO. ~maknaengi

 

Yuri read out loud after Taeyeon just blinked at her phone and looked dead stupid. “So, she was just at Sica’s while we all charged in here like crazed ajummas?”

 

Sunny gave Taeyeon a serious look, “Have you ever considered seeing a shrink?”

 

“I heard they give therapies to obsessive compulsive…” Hyoyeon added.

 

“Who cares, dude?” It was Sooyoung who came to the rescue as she dropped her arm over Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Come... let’s grab food on the way, ‘kay, little one?”

 

Taeyeon nodded absentmindedly. Her mind sank in a pit. Her friends might be right, she was going crazy.

 

Tiffany secretly sighed in relief but felt terribly bad for her bestfriend. She, too, wanted to hug Taeyeon that moment because she actually knew what the girl was thinking. However, she decided to maintain the good distance she created moments ago.

 

Taeyeon needed to learn expensive lessons in life sometimes.

 

“Mission completed,” Tiffany hit send.

 

Thanks, love… IOU… ~MyJ

 

She replied back, “Explanation would be a good starter. We just made a fool out of Taeng and I feel like a crap.”

 

Count on it! Don’t worry ‘bout her, she’ll get over it, she’s Kim Taeyeon, remember? love yah much! Chu~ ~MyJ

 

“Love you more, my Jessi… just don’t tell Kim Taeyeon I said that ㅅ__,ㅅ 

 

You little cheater… ^ㅁ^,  ~MyJ

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

........................................................................................

 

 

thanks for the comments and the upvotes, you're all ~~~!!!!

 

ㅂ____ㅂ

 

ㅋㅋ